• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Barbarians Australian Tour 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Two matches involved:

v Classic Wallabies (Lismore) 24 October

v Wallabies (Sydney) 28 October.

Coach - Alan Jones

Squad:

Sam Ward (Warringah)

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Here are some names to consider

Nick Mayhew
Taniela Tupou
Jermaine Ainsley
Tyrel Lomax
Sham Vui
Robbie Abel
Anaru Rangi
Blake Enever
Izaak Rodda
Richie Arnold
Tom Staniforth
Ross Haylett-Petty
Angus Scott-Young
Chris Alcock
Colby Fainga'a
Isa Naisarani
Liam Wright
Michael Ruru
Jake Gordon
Jono Lance
Hamish Stewart
James Dargaville
Jack Maddocks
CamClark
Duncan Paia'aua
Izaia Perese
Andrew Kellaway
Chance Peni
Lausii Taliauli
Tom Banks

Jayden Ngamanu

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Here are some names to consider
Not a lot of old heads in there, but a good side could be put together nevertheless.

Some other for consideration might be Ben Alexander, Pek Cowan, Matt Hodgson, Ben McCalman, Rob Horne, George Smith, Scott Higginbotham.

Would prefer to see a majority of up and comers but with a sprinkling of the more experienced players to lead the way.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not a lot of old heads in there, but a good side could be put together nevertheless.

Some other for consideration might be Ben Alexander, Pek Cowan, Matt Hodgson, Ben McCalman, Rob Horne, George Smith, Scott Higginbotham.

Would prefer to see a majority of up and comers but with a sprinkling of the more experienced players to lead the way.
George Smith as captain would be a great way to go.

Maybe add in some of the more experienced guys kicking around Japan if they're available, wouldn't mind getting a look at how Barnes is going.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
For the first match V Classic Wallabies

Classic Wallabies

Ben Daley
Josh Mann-Rea
Ben Alexander
Dean Mumm
Willie Skelton
Scott Fardy
Matt Hodgson
Ben McCalman
Nick Frisby
Quade Cooper
Taqele Naiyaravoro
Christian Lealiifano
Lloyd Johansson
Dom Shipperley
Luke Morahan
Saia Fainga'a
James Hanson
Adam Freier
Toby Smith
Paddy Ryan
Laurie Weeks
Mark Chisholm
Radike Samo
Scott Higginbotham
George Smith
Robert Horne
Anthony Fainga'a
Chris Feauai-Sautia

Drew Mitchell

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
^^^^ if tonight's kick and chase is anything to go by you can add Steven Hoiles, Luke Burgess and Berrick Barnes to your Classic Wallabies list Caputo

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Who might make the Classic Wallabies side?

Some thoughts :

Toby Smith, Josh Mann-Rea, Ben Alexander, Kane Douglas, Sam Carter, Scott Fardy, David Pocock, George Smith, Nic White, Christian Lealiifano, Joe Tomane, Matt To'omua, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Digby Ioane, Moggy.

Others : Nathan Charles, Peter Kimlin, Ben Mowen, Berrick Barnes, Matt Giteau, Radeke Samo, Rob Horne.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Isn't the Classic Wallabies side the Steve Hoiles, Radike Samo etc. golden oldies side that went and played in Fiji etc?

I could be wrong but I was thinking that the game in Lismore would be a long way short of the fixture against the Wallabies on the following weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Yeah the classic Wallabies won’t be featuring any actual players employed by overseas clubs..

It will just be former wallabies based here in Australia, Golden oldies type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That would be a pity. The golden oldies will not be any sort of challenge to the Baa Baas. There is a core of ex=Wallabies still playing in Aus, Mann-Rea, Smith (George), Douglas, Carter. Just need to fill the complement with current players, not those who have hung up the boots already. If some overseas players could be enticed back for the game, so much the better.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah the classic Wallabies won’t be featuring any actual players employed by overseas clubs..

It will just be former wallabies based here in Australia, Golden oldies type.

If that is the case it would just be a exhibition game with the Wallabies finally winning something by a high score.

Should wack in some blokes like Horan, Kafer, Marto, Garrick, Eales and Stan the Man to excite the crowd:)

T

TOCC

The wallabies aren’t playing the classic wallabies..

Wallabies are playing the barbarians

Barbarians are also playing the classic wallabies

Status
Not open for further replies.