• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Thanks, maybe at Ballymore than. I am pretty sure there is an Under 15 comp as well as the 16's
Three QLD teams are being picked for the U15 Junior Gold Champs at Ballymore in September. This is the northern conference and they will play Western Australia, Victoria and Lloyd McDermott. There will be a game for the winner against the Southern conference champs at TSS on the final day of the U16 champs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
B&W I can't ever work out if you are the super sleuth for the Banyo Bugle or the Toowong Tribune but for a man from the blue &white you spend a lot of time blogging about BBC. Don't spend too much time worrying about it mate they won't beat NC like they did last year that was history enough in the making particularly as they play at NC this year.

With 2 boys at NC and a nephew in BBC 1st xv / I have a foot in both camps . But I agree with what you say .

WW Bench

Bob McCowan (2)
Wobble's Apprentice.

NC v TGS
The old duck in the kitchen will be giving the TGS boys an extra spud and maybe another spoon of white sauce with their corned beef tonight, cause she knows, tomorrow on Ross Oval, will tougher for them than their grade 7 maths book. TGS are tough but the Blue and White factory are tougher and the depth across the park will be too superior. Undefeated thus far and at home on Ross Oval, they will be feeling they are a bigger chance than a Brother at “lights out”. NC by 25.
GT v ACGS
Terrace will still be smarting over round 1, and they handled High with relative ease. No doubt Terrace 1st XV has been working hard during the week, but not as hard as their Mums who have busy peeling the “Beef Mince” lables off last weeks BSHS pies, and reapplying the “Wagyu and Burgundy” stickers, for those “judgy” Churchie Mums. Are the Churchie 1st XV they real deal? They have caught everyone’s eye like one of their new Ralph Lauren shirts, tomorrow we find out if they bought it from the Logan markets or not. I think they did. GT by 15
BBC v BGS
BBC bashed IGS, (but so did Churchie) and fresh off their bye they will be looking to stamp their mark on this season, against this seasons “easy beats” BGS. Yes, BBC have had more bad luck again with more injuries, bone pointing, broken mirrors, run over china men, blah blah blah, but who cares, they can just run their 15 A’s on if things get too bad and still win this game with ease. BBC by 20
TSS v IGS
The only people more relaxed than the TSS 1st XV tomorrow will be their Mum’s at the Palazzo Versace Spa. (They don’t bother going to IGS games, tend to save their appearance for the Churchie Dads.) Ipswich may as well go and have a swim and an ice cream while they are down their because nothing else will be fun. TSS by 35

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The King's Tips: 5/8 thus far

ACGS v GT is the commentated game tomorrow, and I think GT will pull out a 12 point win. Very interested to see the match-ups in the centres, and rumour has it a fan favourite will be making his debut as lead caller for the commentary team.

TSS v IGS is the other live streamed game, and I'm expecting TSS to surge late. 26-pt win on the cards for TSS.

BBC v BGS won't be pretty, especially with BGS missing their heart and soul in Tom Gilbert. 35-pts to BBC.

NC v TGS should be an interesting game, but Nudgee are the better side. 16-pts to NC.

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
Well said WW Bench!!, just heard BBC no.8 has been moved out to centre. Gee they must be drying up on backs! I hope their half back doesn't get hurt, I'd hate to see Hosea feeding the scrum? Never the less, it's all about the team!

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
just heard BBC no.8 has been moved out to centre.

I think that works well. He's not an overly big boy so he should be fairly mobile and they will try and get runners of his carry and offload out there. Defence will be very different and the opposition surely will target him

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
He's certainly got skill so it shouldn't be a problem! I just threw that Hosea one in for a laugh

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
He's certainly got skill so it shouldn't be a problem! I just threw that Hosea one in for a laugh

If that's Ngamanu then maybe that was his brother who debuted for the reds in the backs last week?? I heard they are they also related to Matt Bowen and Josh Bowyer Bowen. Whose brother played brilliantly at 15 vs IGS two weeks ago.

Keen to get along and see how they go - not a bad coaching lineup at BBC either, certainly know what they are doing I hope.

DarkSide

Sydney Middleton (9)
pretty rough on that terrace side. To say 'the rest were ordinary' in a team that beat your sons side would imply something about the BSHS side itself, which is a strong outfit. Please refrain from taking those sort of shots.

Yes, it does imply something, that was exactly my point.Its not a “shot” at anybody.

Young talent will struggle as they get older because they had it easy when they were young. Suddenly in the older age groups they haven’t developed all the skills required to play. Then you have Nudgee, who went out and found 8 new players

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
If that's Ngamanu then maybe that was his brother who debuted for the reds in the backs last week?? I heard they are they also related to Matt Bowen and Josh Bowyer Bowen. Whose brother played brilliantly at 15 vs IGS two weeks ago.

Keen to get along and see how they go - not a bad coaching lineup at BBC either, certainly know what they are doing I hope.

yes Cullen Ngamanu( Aussie A) is brother of Jaydn BBC 2015 (Aussie schoolboy and Reds)
Jack Bowen- Boyer is brother of Josh ( BBC and Qld schools 2013) and nephew of Mango Matt Bowen of Cowboys and State of origin fame

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter 09 Jul. 29.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.