• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Crystal Ball for DIV 3 finals 3 weeks from home.

1st grade
Major Semi - Epping vs Iggies
Minor Semi - BOBs vs Redfield (Brothers hired help just fall short)

2nd grade
Major Semi - Iggies vs Newport
Minor Semi - Saints vs Redfield (BOBS the team to miss semis)

3rd Grade
Major Semi - Epping vs Newport
Minor Semi - Iggies vs Redfield (Finals teams already decided)

Colts
Major Semi - Redfield vs Iggies
Minor Semi - BOBs vs Epping (Finals teams already decided)

Other DIV forecasts?

Still sticking with my crystal ball predictions from a couple of weeks ago.
Iggies and BOBs will need to take their 1st grade games seriously as I'm sure both Newport and Saints would like nothing more than to spoil the party. I am concerned about Brother$, they pose a clear and present danger to Epping whom remain the team to beat in Clark Cup.

I think BOBS will find Saints to strong in 2nd grade. A bonus point loss will still get Saints thru.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Only advantage for BOBs this week is that Saints have already given up the colts game so that will mean some more fresh bodies kicking around for BOBs. If they hadn't dropped that game against Epping 2 weeks ago after having a big lead then it would have been winner takes it all.

Still sticking with my crystal ball predictions from a couple of weeks ago.
Iggies and BOBs will need to take their 1st grade games seriously as I'm sure both Newport and Saints would like nothing more than to spoil the party. I am concerned about Brother$, they pose a clear and present danger to Epping whom remain the team to beat in Clark Cup.

I think BOBS will find Saints to strong in 2nd grade. A bonus point loss will still get Saints thru.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Agreed Minny Minny

Can confrim from watching Epping last weekend that the playing group are the real deal but the coach is off his tree. I cant see the players breaking up though so maybe a whole 15+ are available as a set in 2018! Or you could get the coach at a bargin basement price...

Id also like to see these so called gurus predictions for this weekend. From what ive seen their tipping rates are only marginally better than Gus Goulds

sandeep

Stan Wickham (3)
i think epping is a good team but similar to Maharashtra tigers where they throw it round but maybe they not tough enough to win the big match at the grand final. this is why the tigers lost to west bengal in the final this year and maybe why a team like barker or brothers can come over the top and win the title as they have more tough players

FenceLover

Stan Wickham (3)
Good People of GAGR, in order to build rugby in Australia I propose all clubs (especially the 5 Dragons) contact their councils to get funds to help them build fences and hedges at their grounds so that the quality of Rugby increases for the 2018 season and beyond.
Its no coincidence that all finals grounds have fences!

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Div 1

Kenny Cup

Top four sorted, last round will determine minor premiers. Anyone want to take a guess on premiers?

Burkey Cup

Waves currently in first place, but top of the table clash this week could determine who the minor premiers are. Top four sorted

Colts

Petersham pretty much have the minor premiership. Knox, Colleagues and Drummoyne fighting it out for the final two places

3rd grade

Top four sorted, Colleagues and Petersham fighting it out for the minor premiership

4th Grade

Knox and Mosman fighting it out for the minor premiership. Pats and Waves in a battle for fourth.

5th grade

5 team comp.

Anyone know if they are playing 4 team finals?

Club champs

Knox, Balmain and Pats in a battle to avoid relegation. Last round between Dirty Reds and Petersham to decide the winners

Fences and div 3 chat. no wonder rugby in Australia is on the decline

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
All for 3rd Man In:
Fences and div 3 chat. no wonder rugby in Australia is on the decline

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

DIVISION 1
Drummoyne v Waverley 13+
St Patrick's v Petersham 1-12
Knox v Mosman 1-12
Colleagues v Balmain 13+

DIVISION 2
Hunters Hill v Lindfield 30+
Blue Mountains v Forest 1-12
Hills v Hawkesbury Ag 1-12
UNSW v Beecroft 1-12

DIVISION 3
Hawkesbury Valley v Epping 1-12
Redfield Old Boys v Brothers 13+
Old Ignatians v Newport 1-12
Barker Old Boys v St Ives 13+

DIVISION 4
Oatley v Sydney Irish 1-12
Briars v Canterbury 1-12
Sydney Harlequins v Blacktown 13+

Rouse Hill v Macquarie Uni Forfeit

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
10/12 for me last week.

Overarching comment - with finals positions decided in many grades, some ugly away trips and 1m of snow falling I am predicting either forefeits or some results to be 80 or 90 point drubbings as players check out for the week.

Div 1
St pats vs PETERSHAM - 1st vs last...Shammies by plenty.
Colleagues vs BALMAIN - I expect the muzzled wolves good form to continue over the eastern suburb tossers.
Knox vs MOSMAN - Whales gearing up for finals footy with a training run,
DRUMMOYNE - Waverley - dirty reds in a close one.

Div 2
MOUNTAINS vs Forest - Lapstone for a last game of the season..yuck. Forest will do well not to forfeit a couple of grades,
Hills vs HAC - care factor zero
HH v lindfied - HH to reright the ship after last weeks loss
UNSW vs Beecroft - 2017 suprse packets will win by 50

Div 3
Hawkesbury vs EPPING - Congrats to the 2017 minor premiers
IGGIES vs Newport - last time these teams met it was a draw. This time it wont be!
BOBS vs St Ives - BOBS number 10 is well organised and has the team looking threatening.
Redfield vs BROTHER$ - Hate to say it but after a drubbing at the hands of Epping last week Redfield are no chance.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hopefully St Ives Keep Trying To Win In 1st Grade This Week. It Would Be Poor Form To Focus On Winning 3s And 2s Only.

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
DIVISION 1
Drummoyne v Waverley- Nothing Game, Drummoyne by a comfortable margin
St Patrick's v Petersham- Petersham would be looking for the opportunity to finish top of the log, expect them turn it on
Knox v Mosman- Knox need a win to keep them afloat in div 1 but cant see that happening Mosman easy
Colleagues v Balmain- Im going Upset here with Balmain to knock off Colleagues with a much needed win for the muzzled wolves Club Championship survival

DIVISION 2
Hunters Hill v Lindfield- Was going to call a upset if it was at Tryon Oval, Old Soldiers will put up a fight but not sure they have the strike power to knock off Hunters... Side Note Hunters Hill Shooting themselves in the foot with some key players suspended for the Major Semi Final Next week which will make things interesting
Blue Mountains v Forest- Mountains should take this quiet easily Kroll and Duncan back helps them out wide and talk that Fytogannis returns this week is a massive boost for their finals campaign
Hills v Hawkesbury Ag- A nothing game with neither team gaining anything may be a game that sees HAC rest a few key players before next week. Ill call Hills to take a win based off the fact they may rest players
UNSW v Beecroft- UNSW by plenty cant see the men from the croft travelling out to Daceyville with nothing to play for

DIVISION 3
Hawkesbury Valley v Epping- Epping to win this comfortably would imagine they may rest a few this week
Redfield Old Boys v Brothers- This is probably going to be the most watched game on the Fuseport App across he entire season, Agree Heavy after the rather large defeat last week to Epping its hard to see the Redfield boys knocking off brothers, only thing they have going for them is that they are playing at Home which could help them
Old Iggies v Newport- Iggies to win this by Plenty
Barker Old Boys v St Ives- Barker by PLENTY! St Ives will concentrate on lower grades

Moving on a bit to 2018 Season

Based on the Club Champs Ladders its pretty obvious that Hunters Hill will be moving into Div 1, with either St Pats or Knox for mine the ones that will come down

Div 2 will see Epping and Possibly Old Iggies both come up as HAC are gone and hearing whispers Beecroft want to go back to Div 3

Div 3 Brothers are gone with Id Imagine Oatley the only realist Club that could come up and field the colts side ( that may be the only thing that saves brothers is they have colts)

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)

Based on the Club Champs Ladders its pretty obvious that Hunters Hill will be moving into Div 1, with either St Pats or Knox for mine the ones that will come down

Div 2 will see Epping and Possibly Old Iggies both come up as HAC are gone and hearing whispers Beecroft want to go back to Div 3

Div 3 Brothers are gone with Id Imagine Oatley the only realist Club that could come up and field the colts side ( that may be the only thing that saves brothers is they have colts)[/quote]

Hunters definately keen to get back into Div 1 and hearing Knox wouldnt mind a change in opposition down in Div 2.

Hurlo will attack me but I would caution Iggies from going up to Div 2. They appear to be in good shape but fielding the extra team requires at least another 30-35 players. Epping have been screaming for Halligan games all year but I don't think I've seen Iggies play 1? I maybe wrong.

Some very early rumblings out of Forest says they might need to consider a move to Div 3. They haven't had a 3rd grade side for 2 or 3 years now and their old mates 4th grade side are getting a little long in the tooth and if they were to retire Forest would be very thin in lower grades. Some players view the local games like Brothers, Newport, BOBS and Saints as attractive.

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
Hurlo will attack me but I would caution Iggies from going up to Div 2. They appear to be in good shape but fielding the extra team requires at least another 30-35 players. Epping have been screaming for Halligan games all year but I don't think I've seen Iggies play 1? I maybe wrong.

Iggies won't be going up next year.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Hunters definately keen to get back into Div 1 and hearing Knox wouldnt mind a change in opposition down in Div 2.

Some very early rumblings out of Forest says they might need to consider a move to Div 3. They haven't had a 3rd grade side for 2 or 3 years now and their old mates 4th grade side are getting a little long in the tooth and if they were to retire Forest would be very thin in lower grades. Some players view the local games like Brothers, Newport, BOBS and Saints as attractive.

Continuing from this thoughts on Cowboy Cup?
Club Points
Hunters Hill (Div 2) 2461
Petersham (Div 1) 2274
Epping (Div 3) 2267
Old Ignatians (Div 3) 2170
Drummoyne (Div 1) 2095
Canterbury (Div 4) 2040
Blacktown (Div 4) 1997
Lindfield (Div 2) 1995
Woollahra Colleagues (Div 1) 1957
Oatley (Div 4) 1907
Redfield Old Boys (Div 3) 1888
Sydney Irish (Div 4) 1818
Barker Old Boys (Div 3) 1814
Blue Mountains (Div 2) 1782
Mosman (Div 1) 1740
Hills (Div 2) 1649
UNSW (Div 2) 1603

Surely the might Hunters Hill will wrap this up and storm in to a long lasting position in Div 1. I would say within 3 years they will dominate and win Div 1 and stay there for a very long time

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
Continuing from this thoughts on Cowboy Cup?
Club Points
Hunters Hill (Div 2) 2461
Petersham (Div 1) 2274
Epping (Div 3) 2267
Old Ignatians (Div 3) 2170
Drummoyne (Div 1) 2095
Canterbury (Div 4) 2040
Blacktown (Div 4) 1997
Lindfield (Div 2) 1995
Woollahra Colleagues (Div 1) 1957
Oatley (Div 4) 1907
Redfield Old Boys (Div 3) 1888
Sydney Irish (Div 4) 1818
Barker Old Boys (Div 3) 1814
Blue Mountains (Div 2) 1782
Mosman (Div 1) 1740
Hills (Div 2) 1649
UNSW (Div 2) 1603

Surely the might Hunters Hill will wrap this up and storm in to a long lasting position in Div 1. I would say within 3 years they will dominate and win Div 1 and stay there for a very long time

The Div 1 clubs have an extra game in hand so Petersham could still take it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.