• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Legal action aside, the biggest challenge for the Force now the arbitration is announced ,will be whether their players are happy to sit around waiting for further court room out comes or make the move to other franchises. There is a very small window of opportunity now left to relocate, and I doubt that any appeal process can happen quickly enough for them to wait?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Should be an interesting atmosphere at the Wallabies v Springboks game on 9 September.

Wonder if the ARU hierarchy will attend.

You got that right. I'm boycotting the game and any future Wallaby matches while this situation persists, but you'll probably hear my boos from the ground if you're there.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
You got that right. I'm boycotting the game and any future Wallaby matches while this situation persists, but you'll probably hear my boos from the ground if you're there.

I hope that we can do something as a community to get the Force back. If not next year then maybe in a couple of years when (say) the Sunwolves leave or the South Africans leave. I hope that you will all return as fans when that happens.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
This looks really weird. It seems from those reports that the ARU has taken the decision to axe the Force without waiting for the outcome of the Arbitration. Am I missing something? Or should we assume the Arbitrator's decieion is known to the ARU?

I need hunk you can safely assume the decision from arbitration is known to both parties.

For how long, I don't know.

What legal grounds the arbitrator made Theo decision, I don't know. It could be subject to a confidentiality clause.

Is there grounds/scope to appeal the arbitrators decision? Don't know.

Have we heard the last of this? I suspect not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
I have bought tickets - and probably always will for Wallabies games (particularly while I get junior ticket offers). I think WA should fill NIB but be in blue. RugbyWA should be standing by the gates handing out the apparently now surplus Western Force gear.

If no one goes you will just get the ERU saying that there isn't any real support in Perth and we were vindicated in cutting the Force

B

BLR

I have bought tickets - and probably always will for Wallabies games (particularly while I get junior ticket offers). I think WA should fill NIB but be in blue. RugbyWA should be standing by the gates handing out the apparently now surplus Western Force gear.

If no one goes you will just get the ERU saying that there isn't any real support in Perth and we were vindicated in cutting the Force

ARU won't care, they have gotten our money if we pack it out. We have shown our passion and they have shown they don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.