• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
I was convinced Manly would win this year. Very surprised to see them give up a winning lead to lose to Souths. Alarm bells going off conceding 62 points to Wests last week. Can you imagine NRL minor premiers Melbourne Storm letting in 62 points? Interesting times!!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I have to stop reading too much into the 62-52 match. Apparently Manly missing some cattle that day.
I'm reading plenty into it.
Watch the game, the replacements weren't the issue, they looked like they were saving themselves for the finals.
They've been leaking points all second round.

I think their best hope is to draw the local derby next week.

Edit: just watched yesterday's game, two intercept tries is giving them a pretty handy head start.

Marlins aren't dead yet!

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
What happened to the Wicks?? Was always concerned that the loss of 5 key forwards would stretch their depth at the business end of the season however they did have some good replacements. Good luck to the Rats - suspect Souths may win it if they get past Norths today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Manly looked as though they were not able to adapt to the Woodies' game plan. We kicked more in the first half than we have all season, and it worked.

Plus the Marlins pack looked ponderous to me, too many big bodies, not enough zip.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Good news for the Two Blues and visitors to 'Death Valley'
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n/news-story/6433533bac58570014f31368181c0106
ea5b844d3472ef96b65910b68cc26a96

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
Man imagine the crowd for a Norths vs Manly final at North Sydney Oval.
Rats vs Marlins semi at Rat Park will be huge too.

Status
Not open for further replies.