• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggies

Bob McCowan (2)
What the hell happened with Mosman vs Knox yesterday. Mosman win firsts and seconds by a big score with Knox winning threes 118 - 0?????

Knox had there Brothers4Brothers game on Saturday. We have had two of our clubmen pass away over the past few years due to cancer. For the past 6 years some of the legends of Knox rugby come together to play a game and raise money for the Chris O'brien lighthouse foundation. I believe over $600,000 has been raised over the past 6 years.

laura.ainslie

Peter Burge (5)
That's a top effort. Would love our charity totals to command that kind of moolah some day.

Agreed! We sit between 2-3k per year we donate to Cancer research due to a few officials and past players who've passed due to it. Got $12k first year we did it, but never as much now. Raised $2,610 Saturday just gone.

Big props to Knox for their fundraising efforts.

En Gage

Frank Nicholson (4)
The last round of Div 3 didn’t disappoint, with Redfield and Brothers going down to the wire to determine who was taking the final place in the Clark cup finals. My tips for the Div 3 finals this weekend are:

Clark Major:
Epping v Bobs. Epping will be too good, and I don’t think Bobs will be able to exert enough pressure to make Whoppers sideline performance and alleged strained relationship with his playing group a factor.

Clark Minor:
Iggies v Brothers. Shaping up as the Div 3 match of the day. Iggies superior structure should see Brothers off, although the late season recruits could provide an upset.

Farrant Major:
Iggies v Newport. A struck match between these two in the last round, but Newport will be pumped for revenge and should have too many weapons on the day. Expect to see these two teams again on Grand Final day.

Farrant Minor:
Redfield v St Ives: Expect Redfields superior fitness and support play to end St Ives season.

Nicholson Major:
Redfield v Iggies. Can’t see Redfield losing this one. These two should also meet again in the Grand Final.

Nicholson Minor:
Bobs v Epping . Epping should have too much firepower for Bobs.

Campbell Major:
Epping v Newport. Going for Epping in this one, as they have been the most consistent side this year, but it will be a close one and could go either way.

Campbell Minor:
Iggies v Redfield. Iggies should get the chocolates in this one, as they have stood up in the big games and are the only team to defeat Epping this year.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
The last round of Div 3 didn’t disappoint, with Redfield and Brothers going down to the wire to determine who was taking the final place in the Clark cup finals. My tips for the Div 3 finals this weekend are:

Clark Major:
Epping v Bobs. Epping will be too good, and I don’t think Bobs will be able to exert enough pressure to make Whoppers sideline performance and alleged strained relationship with his playing group a factor.

Clark Minor:
Iggies v Brothers. Shaping up as the Div 3 match of the day. Iggies superior structure should see Brothers off, although the late season recruits could provide an upset.

Farrant Major:
Iggies v Newport. A struck match between these two in the last round, but Newport will be pumped for revenge and should have too many weapons on the day. Expect to see these two teams again on Grand Final day.

Farrant Minor:
Redfield v St Ives: Expect Redfields superior fitness and support play to end St Ives season.

Nicholson Major:
Redfield v Iggies. Can’t see Redfield losing this one. These two should also meet again in the Grand Final.

Nicholson Minor:
Bobs v Epping . Epping should have too much firepower for Bobs.

Campbell Major:
Epping v Newport. Going for Epping in this one, as they have been the most consistent side this year, but it will be a close one and could go either way.

Campbell Minor:
Iggies v Redfield. Iggies should get the chocolates in this one, as they have stood up in the big games and are the only team to defeat Epping this year.

I agree with this predictions, except I would go for Brother$ over Iggies in the Clark Minor for the absolute GAGR blow up result of the weekend. Got to be MOTR.
Expect many accusations of money changing hands and dodgy recruitment next Monday... Looking forward to it!

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
I agree with this predictions, except I would go for Brother$ over Iggies in the Clark Minor for the absolute GAGR blow up result of the weekend. Got to be MOTR.
Expect many accusations of money changing hands and dodgy recruitment next Monday. Looking forward to it!

Those accusations have been around for a while!!

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Now down to the Division that Matters:

Div 2
Barraclough Cup
Semi Finals
Hunters Hill v UWSH – 1-12
UNSW v Blue Mountains – 1-12

Stockdale Cup
Semi Finals
Beecroft v Hunters Hill – 13+
Lindfield v Blue Mountains – 1-12

Robertson Cup
Semi Finals
Lindfield v Forest – 1-12
UNSW v Blue Mountains – 1-12

Blunt Cup
Semi Finals
Hunters Hill v Hills – 13+
Beecroft v Lindfield – 13+

Richardson Cup
Semi Finals

Forest v Hills – 1-12
Hunters Hill v Lindfield – 13+

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Will be super interesting to see iggies v brothers this weekend.... perhaps iggies will just scrape through on disciplne and mental toughness... iggies by 5

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
DIV 3

1sts
EPPING vs Bobs - The Rams have been the best of most consistent team all year. I think it will be close and Bobs will hang in there for the most part the RAMS forwards will prove the difference.
Iggies vs BROTHER$ - I am going to have too go with form and momentum here and in what will be an epic clash Brothers too creative in the backs.

2nds
NEWPORT vs Iggies- I'm going a Breakers victory in this one. With 4 or 5 backs returning this week I think they will have to much upfront and out wide for Iggies.
Redfield vs SAINTS - I am going the upset here although that is based on half of Redfield 1s not appearing on the team sheet. SAINTS are underrated and have a steady pack which should nullify possession to the potent Redfield backline

3rds
EPPING vs Newport - The RAMs have lost only one this year and go in deserved favourites. It will be tight but Epping just.
IGGIES vs Redfield - IGGIES should win this by 10+ in what should be a comfortable victory based on season form.

Colts
REDFIELD vs Iggies - Thought they were the best team all year and can see them going on with it from here.
BOBS vs Epping - BOBS look pretty crisp in the backs and in another tight one should get over the bigger but slower Rams.

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Chit chat among Division 1 Clubs is that every single one of them that I have spoken to will be happy to see the back of St Pats.

St Pats have disintegrated since the no-payment rule came in, although they did play (play not pay) L Windon who came across mid-Season from West Harbour last year where he was earning $ playing 1st grade to not earning a cent playing at Hudson.

Unless the S Pats powerbrokers can convince Subbies HQ to not drop a team from Division 1 next year it will be the first time they have been relegated in 57 years.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
I don't see how Hunters Hill can be denied promotion.

Jezz the inner west (I will include St Pats in this) is an extremely competitive area for players. You have Pats, Briars, West Harbour, Petersham all in pretty close proximity to each other.

Does anybody know if they have a strong link to the school at Strathfield? I know that they are not called an 'old boys' rugby club. I am also aware that St Pats school isn't the strongest rugby school at present.

Chit chat among Division 1 Clubs is that every single one of them that I have spoken to will be happy to see the back of St Pats.

St Pats have disintegrated since the no-payment rule came in, although they did play (play not pay) L Windon who came across mid-Season from West Harbour last year where he was earning $ playing 1st grade to not earning a cent playing at Hudson.

Unless the S Pats powerbrokers can convince Subbies HQ to not drop a team from Division 1 next year it will be the first time they have been relegated in 57 years.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Only by the sore losers and the haters.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I'm happy to give Brothers the benefit of the doubt if we can get some clarification.

Brothers were travelling 0-5 and 228-59 F/A before the recruits arrived.
Its not unusual for a club to try and recruit to avoid that train wreck. Its just to pick up 6 or 7 players as a unit mid season is.

Which clubs have they playing for prior?
Did they leave that club mid season to join Brothers?

Simple questions requiring simple answers.

Karl_H

Stan Wickham (3)
I'm happy to give Brothers the benefit of the doubt if we can get some clarification.

Brothers were travelling 0-5 and 228-59 F/A before the recruits arrived.
Its not unusual for a club to try and recruit to avoid that train wreck. Its just to pick up 6 or 7 players as a unit mid season is.

Which clubs have they playing for prior?
Did they leave that club mid season to join Brothers?

Simple questions requiring simple answers.
It is pretty simple. A couple of former players who were unavailable at the start of the year and a new player who brought a few mates along. Turns out they're pretty good rugby players.

I'm sure other clubs have had players come along after the start of the season too but because Brothers have managed to turn their session around get tainted with "they must be doing something dodgy". Not fair to the club or the players who've worked hard to make it happen.

You guys should be congratulating them not slandering them.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.