• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

willmckenzie

Frank Row (1)
I don't see how Hunters Hill can be denied promotion.

Jezz the inner west (I will include St Pats in this) is an extremely competitive area for players. You have Pats, Briars, West Harbour, Petersham all in pretty close proximity to each other.

Does anybody know if they have a strong link to the school at Strathfield? I know that they are not called an 'old boys' rugby club. I am also aware that St Pats school isn't the strongest rugby school at present.

St Pats rugby club largely relies on the school each year for a crop of colts players. This will continue to be there main connection to the school because the lads who enjoy the colts will stick around and play grade. One concern for St Pats is that the schools rugby program is rapidly deteriorating, both 1st XV and 2nd XV's finished last in their respective competitions and player participation at the school is dropping dramatically largely because of the demographic of the school.

A few years ago when St Pats were at the peak of their powers the Kentwell cup team if you were lucky had 2-3 St Pats old boys. Now that player payment is prohibited more and more old boys are filling these positions and obviously do not have the talent as the semi-pro lads. Also worth noting that Liam Windon is a St Pats old boy hence his inclination to play with mates at St Pats over any other subbies/premier grade club. I know St Pats will be doing their utmost to preserve their non-relegation record but there is no denying the strength of Hunters Hill and the club wide weakness St Pats has shown this year. Interesting times ahead for St Pats.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
I'm happy to give Brothers the benefit of the doubt if we can get some clarification.

Brothers were travelling 0-5 and 228-59 F/A before the recruits arrived.
Its not unusual for a club to try and recruit to avoid that train wreck. Its just to pick up 6 or 7 players as a unit mid season is.

Which clubs have they playing for prior?
Did they leave that club mid season to join Brothers?

Simple questions requiring simple answers.

Only people they need to answer these questions too are Subbies. Not GAGR. If Subbies deem them eligible then let the boys play

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Jezz the inner west (I will include St Pats in this) is an extremely competitive area for players. You have Pats, Briars, West Harbour, Petersham all in pretty close proximity to each other.

Plus Drummoyne, Balmain & Sydney University in that catchment.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Everyone has catchment competition. Sometimes its other rugby. Sometimes its other sports.

Congrats on your two wins to finish the season.

Thanks. A few boys came back from past years - probably on the knowledge they didn't have to pay ;) and that it was Mac Uni and not some monster Islander team.

Now I've got to keep them keen for 6 months.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Epping 1st and 3rd grade through to the grand final and Colts knocked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Game Of The Season In First Grade And We Snuck Home In A Thriller 18-14. Mixed Results All Round On The Day, But We Have 4 Teams Through To Next Week!

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Interesting day at Sefton. Quality of colts semis was impressive. Redfield looked very very good and I see them repeating their victory over Iggies again in two weeks.

Only bright spot for them as Redfield 3s and 2s bundled out. Well done Saints on a huge win although I think Iggies will beat them next week. Newport 2s battled hard and eventually a touch of brilliance from their winger helped them to a 10 point victory.

Epping blew Barker off the park in 1s and must be $1.10 to win from here. I think Iggies will see off BOBs next week as they are potentially the only ones who could trouble the RAMs.

Big week for Iggies next week with a team again in every grade.

Surprised at how light crowd numbers were. With a lot of clubs in multi grades it was surprising to see teams finish and a lot of those players leave when their higher grade were running on.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Surprised at how light crowd numbers were. With a lot of clubs in multi grades it was surprising to see teams finish and a lot of those players leave when their higher grade were running on.

That doesn't surprise me at all.

In my observations through the years, players across grades aren't that solid for each other.

Karl_H

Stan Wickham (3)
Game Of The Season In First Grade And We Snuck Home In A Thriller 18-14. Mixed Results All Round On The Day, But We Have 4 Teams Through To Next Week!
It was a good game. The referring left a bit to be desired but doesn't take away from the win. Well done and good luck next week.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.