• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Saturday 19th August, ANZ Stadium Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Genia
Foley
Dhp if fit or hodge
Meakes/hunt
Kuridrani (how was this ever questioned?)
Naivalu/koroibete/anyone who can defend a fucking wing.
Beale.

Can't carry folau anymore.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It is a sad day if we have to rely on the host broadcaster to "hold people accountable".

Fox Sports is in it to make money, not to act as some sort of independent umpire.

As for Ealesy, do people really, honestly, believe that it would be a good thing for an ARU Director to criticise the head coach publicly? There's an old saying that always worked for me. Praise in public, criticise in private.
That's not their job per se. If they are there for their insight they should express that insight instead of relieving the pressure on, for instance, the coaching staff or board. It's precisely because they have a working relationship which requires some confidentiality. Kafer cannot give his best to either job.
If Eales can't criticise the coach he shouldn't be there: marcel marceau would be a better colour commentator.
Do you not hear commentators in other sports holding people to account for their shortcomings?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
What a disgraceful effort.
Only 2 blokes being Beale and Coleman should be a little happy in their performances.
Our new inspirational captain had the worst game I've seen him play - he inspires no-one on the field and obviously just Cheika. His mistakes were costly.
Kerevi left his arms in the shed. He performed in defence as he did in Super Rugby and still got picked. Another poor decision by Chek and he needs to take as much responsibility as Kerevi.

Nathan Grey's performance in setting the boys for this game was terrible and he should immediately get the flick but Chek in his presser said Grey had his 100% support. Another great decision Chek. And Folau was stood up like an amatuer .

Defence is about culture and attitude and both are bad.

McMahon impact was zero - think he already mentally in Japan spending his million bucks.

Looking at the match the difference could have very easily been another 14 points. We were lucky with the Folau offside and when it was judged Foley got the ball down first. The AB tries seemed well constructed whereas most of our were lucky.

The AB's were ruthless in the first half and when you are leading by nearly 40 you can't help but take you foot off the pedal. Australia did come back but the AB's were obviously fucked after they scored so many.

Beale's selection was vindicated by his performance.

I would rate every player below 4 except Coleman and Beale who would both get a 7 from me.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I agree K Hunt really missed as the guy is a leader, communicator and importantly solid defender.

Can't recall if he is out for the entire Rugby Championship? As would love to see Hunt at 12, Beale at 15, Kuridrani at 13, Folau and DHP on the wings.

Tigger

Peter Burge (5)
Maybe Hooper should rebrand and play in the centres and we get a real backrow that does what modern backrows do these days? And yes i am changing my picture....

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
QH, you would know that I'd agree with that, having made the same point for at least 6 years or more here.

Amongst many other deficiencies, the institutional culture of Australian rugby has evolved into one where literally no one takes genuine responsibility for anything, and accordingly there is no genuine accountability. So concomitantly there is no sincere, credible passion of ownership for outcomes, because the consequences of failure are rarely personal, the blame can always be shifted to vague and indeterminate places and so quickly forgotten.

That state always presages and leads to institutional collapse, or a radical change in the very top leadership that fixes it. Just a matter of how long it takes, which is hard to pick.

In Australian rugby there is zero sign of the latter - serious leadership change - arising (as the ARU board only vaguely answers to State RUs that it funds and give multiple forms of patronage to and vice versa and thus such bodies do not resist the parent entity in any meaningful ways, it's all a cosy system of mutually assured incompetence and strategic indolence), so the inevitable institutional collapse is surely the most likely outcome.

I have predicted here and before that c.2019 will be the year of an undeniable financial and systemic crisis within Australian rugby.

Only then and in that condition may we finally see the possibility of genuine change occurring and a new possibility of a movement toward the light, toward some kind of essential re-birth.

We're heading for collapse and because of the factors of which you speak, it's the only way. If we dig a little deeper into the extermination of the Force, I'm sure that we'll find a little bit of extra cash going to NSW & Qld. Should prop them up for another year.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Coming from the best defensive side in the Aus conference, he has more than a few claims I would say.
Hence my question. He also has a far bit of experience as a coach, and, from what I have heard, is well regarded and respected.

Maybe there are perfectly good reasons why he isn't in the frame. I am genuinely interested.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Great post Froggy. Agree with everything you said.

Yes these were the game changers.

The moment TPN got out there we had some go forward. IMO the best no2 to ever wear a Gold jersey.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

You have a fairly narrow experience of Wallaby 2s. Love TPN don't get me wrong, best Wallaby 2 ever, not by a long way.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
You have a fairly narrow experience of Wallaby 2s. Love TPN don't get me wrong, best Wallaby 2 ever, not by a long way.
Perhaps not ever, but he's been significnatly better than Moore for quite some time now.

Our selections won't win us these games, because our problems run deeper than that. BUT. Our selections could certainly ease the pain somewhat and Moore is so fucking far past it, it hurts to watch him play.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
It is a sad day if we have to rely on the host broadcaster to "hold people accountable".

Fox Sports is in it to make money, not to act as some sort of independent umpire.

As for Ealesy, do people really, honestly, believe that it would be a good thing for an ARU Director to criticise the head coach publicly? There's an old saying that always worked for me. Praise in public, criticise in private.

Integrity is non-negotiable. People with conflicts of interest are compromised and invariably end up compromising their integrity and wind up unable to do any job as they become rightly view to have no ethical standing. I have argued for years that Horan, former ARU employee, Eales, Robinson and now Kafer should have no position with Fox. They are unable to provide fair and balanced commentary. They will not offer genuine comment. Indeed the Fox team is held in contempt because they dribble the usual platitudes and positive froth and bubble regardless of the facts.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Integrity is non-negotiable. People with conflicts of interest are compromised and invariably end up compromising their integrity and wind up unable to do any job as they become rightly view to have no ethical standing. I have argued for years that Horan, former ARU employee, Eales, Robinson and now Kafer should have no position with Fox. They are unable to provide fair and balanced commentary. They will not offer genuine comment. Indeed the Fox team is held in contempt because they dribble the usual platitudes and positive froth and bubble regardless of the facts.

Which is why I tuned into Channel 10 last night.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
To be fair to Kaf, he's usually been pretty forthright in my experience. Perhaps that has changed in the past few years. But when someone is shit he calls it. Besides the much (rightly so) maligned Kearns no one does this anymore. The absolute garbage pre match coverage was cringe-worthy in Aus.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I don't agree with the comments that the ABs went to sleep in the second half. Clearly they weren't as dominant as the first half of the game but even on the rare occasions they play like shit they are still hard to beat. So with a glass half full outlook and giving credit where credit is due the 28-0 score line in our favour for the last 30 minutes was genuine and it shows that we can play well. The only difference in that stanza of the game was personnel and as Froggy has identified TK, TPN, Fanga and to a lesser extent Timani were all largely responsible and I think all will start in Dunedin with the exception of maybe Phipps.

None of that takes away from the fact that the ABs scored 8 unanswered tries before we scored 1. 8. Fucking 8. That's unacceptable for any tier 1 nation against any side and the coaches need to man up and take responsibility.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Let's not get carried away.
I'm not by any means. I reckon the ABs will go through the RC undefeated and will put 50 on the other 2 sides at least once. I'm not sure that either of them will score 4 tries against them in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.