• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Club Rugby Is So Exciting. I Would Far Rather Watch This Than Super Crap. The Way The Ball Is Moved Around Is Thrilling. I Try To Promote My Local Club To Play In A Similar Fashion.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Can someone explain to me why a bloke like Sinclair - the 10 - doesn't get a look in to the Tahs? Or even more to the point the Rebels instead of garden fish shop?
He runs that backline very well, is no slouch and has a good boot.
BTW - where is Simoni?

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can someone explain to me why a bloke like Sinclair - the 10 - doesn't get a look in to the Tahs? Or even more to the point the Rebels instead of garden fish shop?
BTW - where is Simoni?
Hard to say what is going on in tahland. Recruitment methods seem a bit of a mess.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
BTW - where is Simoni?

Honestly think he is nowhere near good enough watched him play a few times in the middle of the season with some inferior players and looked pretty ordinary.

Defence is a huge issue like most 10's.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Honestly think he is nowhere near good enough watched him play a few times in the middle of the season with some inferior players and looked pretty ordinary.

Player can look great at Club level and struggle at rep level. And vice versa.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

My concern is that he's never had the chance to fail.
Foley was anointed from oz schools so no ones ever had a second look. Hamish Angus is in a similar position. Is Mack Mason really better?
Maybe a better example from the same club but who was oz schools is Meakes.
And the answer there is, usually, he had to learn it in the uk.
So we can't teach it and/or we can't recognise it.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Foley was anointed from oz schools so no ones ever had a second look. Hamish Angus is in a similar position. Is Mack Mason really better?

The system that the ARU/NSWRU have constructed means that it's virtually impossible to move from SS to the Waratahs. Players come from one of:
(a)schoolboy rep teams
(b)junior academies
(c)rugby league
(d)NZ or Pacific Islands
(e)other overseas place

The positions left over after these are scarce and players used to training in an amateur set-up have next to no chance to impress beside fringe players who have been in a professional set-up. It's a pathway designed to fail.

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
It is extraordinary that the 10 MBA's at The Waratahs HO can't see that the pathway is broken. They would be more focused on how they get to take their skills to the ARU and complete their development. Bugger the game.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
The system that the ARU/NSWRU have constructed means that it's virtually impossible to move from SS to the Waratahs. Players come from one of:
(a)schoolboy rep teams
(b)junior academies
(c)rugby league
(d)NZ or Pacific Islands
(e)other overseas place

The positions left over after these are scarce and players used to training in an amateur set-up have next to no chance to impress beside fringe players who have been in a professional set-up. It's a pathway designed to fail.
Surely, this is where the NRC comes into play.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)

While there are too many examples of players picked on schoolboy reputation, there are also plenty of players in the Tahs squad who were picked originally on club form Eg Gordon, Simone, Holloway, Pat Ryan, Harry Jones, Tom Robertson, Skelton. I would include Foley too although he was also developed through the Sevens program.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Surely, this is where the NRC comes into play.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

In theory, but then you come to this bit

Hoggies

Bob McCowan (2)
BTW - where is Simoni?

Has anybody seen this? If it is true i am speechless

Status
Not open for further replies.