• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snout

Ward Prentice (10)
TF is a little different to Tinkler/Palmer - his shareholding in FMG AU is worth over A$6bn (and company is trading on a low 7x PE multiple - BHP 19x, Rio 15x). Twiggy will shortly received a dividend cheque for over A$250mn.

I probably went a little too bottom of the barrel naming those 2 for sure.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I just don't want to see a compromise that see's us in a half-@ssed competition. We deserve our place in Super Rugby on merit.

Sorry no Australian Rugby team (even the Wallabies) deserves a Super side on merit. That is the traditional Super Tournament not the abortion we have now.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
Speak for your own team.

The Brumbies and Force deserve to be there on their performances this season.

Really? Winning 6 out of 15 games isn't really a great season.

On a pure points basis, they would be 10th and 12th in the competition.

Depressing fact - if you combine the top 2 teams from Australia on points (Brumbies and Force) they still have less points than the top team from either South Africa (Lions) or NZ (Crusaders).

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
the top team in SA played against how many NZ teams before the final?

Oh none during the season ...

But remember that the Force and the Brumbies only won 2/4 games against South African opposition (Kings and Jaguars) with all the remaining wins against the other Australian sides.

The Waratahs won 0/4 against South African opposition.
The Rebels won 0.5/4 (Sharks) against South African opposition.
The Reds won 2/4 (Kings and Jaguars) against South African Opposition.

So basically, the top three Australian teams were able to beat the bottom 2 teams in one of the South African conferences.

It also means that of the 21 wins in the conference, 15 were Australian teams playing another Australian team - pretty hard for both teams to lose.

So that is 6.5/20 against South African teams and 0/25 against New Zealand teams.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Hopefull all our teams will play in the NH in the near future.

The Lions beat the Hurricans in the semi final.

B

BLR

Now that would be a logistical nightmare. The flights to Europe are straight bullshit man. 25 hours minimum. pfft.

Direct Perth to London flights. Get them those flat bed recliners and bobs your uncle. Easy. ;)

MikeyBro

Frank Row (1)
Vic Rugby should totally sell their super rugby licence to Twiggy for 50 mill and sit back to watch super rugby implode. We could try to get into Mitre 10 cup, and be ready for whatever replaces super rugby in three years time. 50 mill could buy a lot of young rugby players trying to decide between league and union. ARU would throw in some $$as well I'm sure.

T

TOCC

Force: "what would it cost for us to stay in the competition"
Clyne "$50million"
Twiggy: "hold my beer, here's $50million"
Clyne: "uhhh... I did not have sexual relations with that women"

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
ABC is reporting the NSW Supreme Court has reversed its decision and not allowed the appeal.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-...ppeal-super-rugby-axing/8834824?section=sport

NSW Supreme Court reserves decision on Western Force appeal against competition axing

The future of the Western Force remains uncertain after a judge reserved his decision on an appeal against the club's axing from the Super Rugby competition
Half. That post is seriously half assed. Fair enough if you made it half cut. Otherwise hang your head at half mast in shame

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Direct Perth to London flights. Get them those flat bed recliners and bobs your uncle. Easy. ;)

Reviewing original press releases relating to Alisports $100m investment in chinese rugby I forget the bit where it mentioned it is looking to start a new rugby competition with foreign players in 2018.

How where could Alisports find a team of professional rugby players with no home ready for a 2018 competition?

TF working with Alisports to start a new competition with a helping hand and possibly some extra funds perhaps?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Speak for your own team.

The Brumbies and Force deserve to be there on their performances this season.

Not in relation to anybody outside the Australian conference they don't. Zero wins against NZ sides and look at for and against. No different to any other Oz team. Try to be unbiased in your assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.