• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks Saturday 26th August at Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Looks like close to a full house at north Sydney oval for the shute shield final ....looks like the fans have gone back to grass roots in preference to being fed gruel by the ARU at the more elite levels ...a great atmosphere .

Reactions: mst

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I get it,

I completely agree with all you have said. The difference is that for me, irrespective of those broader issues, Cheika crossed a line last week. This after constant decline since RWC. Where we are right now, the major thing remains Cheika. Yes we need to look to all the rest. Completely. But first the WB HC needs a sharp rebuke and told to sort his shit out.

EDIT: Apologies MST, just caught up with your post.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Just had to check I was on the right thread..

I've got an eerily optimistic feeling about this. It will be a nail biter of a second half with the lead changing several times, we'll have it by a point and then we'll seal it in the dying minutes with Reece Hodge crashing over near the sticks.

Wallabies by 8.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
What's the Ch10 coverage like? I watch it on Foxtel usually but that's just to avoid the ads, I'm pretty over the commentary. Wish we could have the old days back where we could mute the TV and put the radio coverage on!

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Reckon similar score to last game. WBs won't quite repeat the D-lapse but the ABs will keep the foot on our throat much longer. Different game, similar score.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's the Ch10 coverage like? I watch it on Foxtel usually but that's just to avoid the ads, I'm pretty over the commentary. Wish we could have the old days back where we could mute the TV and put the radio coverage on!

Is Gordon Bray still there mixing up all the PI players?

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Obviously hoping for a wallaby win but if is to be a loss part of me wants it to be the sort of loss that will make Chekia's position untenable.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Is Gordon Bray still there mixing up all the PI players?
He's still there but is that worse than kearns? Although I've just flicked back to fox and they've got Gregan, nobody and Mitchell in the chairs. I'll stick with that for a bit.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Geeze that clip of last week's "lowlights" was hard to watch. Anyway, we've got a lot to be positive about, because Captain Hooper said on radio this morning "we can beat the All Blacks", and wamberal is extremely confident re Folau's ability!
Personally, like so many others here, I would have Folau on the bench. If he doesn't have a 'blinder' tonight, that's where he belongs. If not injured, he has to be (because of the dollars involved) in the squad.
I would bring him on at 50 minutes, at #8 or second-row, and if I was the coach, I would say, "no bloody bunny-hops tonight mate, just put a bit of effort into the scrums, contest the rucks and mauls, and prove your worth to this team". It's pretty simple stuff!

Double Agent

Allen Oxlade (6)
He's still there but is that worse than kearns? Although I've just flicked back to fox and they've got Gregan, nobody and Mitchell in the chairs. I'll stick with that for a bit.

I usually watch Fox Sports but last week watched CH 10. I thought it was a good change. Matt Burke and Nathan Sharpe were refreshingly honest in their appraisal of our performance. Less ARU cheer-leading, more highlighting the short comings but also gave praise to parts of the second half effort.

Reactions: dru
Status
Not open for further replies.