• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks Saturday 26th August at Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
technically it was probably a red, but in reality it was nothing.
Just one game, hopefully just the start.
IMO this was a case of the players saving their skin after last week, good effort, lets see where it leads.
Chek needs some advice, you done blame the Ref after a loss, just shut up, it's a bad example to your team.
Most of the players I have been critical of played well, good on them.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Far better effort from the Wallabies. Now let's see if better performances can be applied consistently.​
Very entertaining game to watch.​

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Without even hesitating. It is outright incompetence or it is corrupt. Cannot be anything else
Kafer on Fox says it was deliberate hand between legs to lift him over 90.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
IMO this was a case of the players saving their skin after last week, good effort, lets see where it leads.
Chek needs some advice, you done blame the Ref after a loss, just shut up, it's a bad example to your team.

I would be happy with the technicalities being enforced. That have lived off them for years with no apology. Can you imagine the bullshit if it was one of ours on EDITED - MODS Read. Would have been like the underarm crap all over again.
Careful how you refer to players - check the forum rules.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Sio and Alanatoa have been good around the park but the scrum looked ugly early. Moore played very well but I think there is a strong case to start TPN to boulster the scrum

TPN really should replace Moore but that alone won't fix the scrum. The Wallabies scrum still went backwards a couple of times after TPN came on. It became much more stable after Timani replaced Hanigan, and Rob Simmons also came off at the same time. I know RS is held to be a very good scrummager by many, so I have to think it was getting more weight in the backrow that did the trick.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
The scrum became stable when Kepu came on. I don't want this to seem like I'm putting AAA down, but at this stage Kepu is a better scrummager.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
The scrum became stable when Kepu came on. I don't want this to seem like I'm putting AAA down, but at this stage Kepu is a better scrummager.

Yeah agree but AAA has been much better than he was in the June test series, particularly around the park. For all the doom and gloom last week I think our tight-five, spearheaded by Coleman, is coming together quite nicely.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Whilst it was disappointing to lose, I still enjoyed the match.

It had a good mix of rapid attack, luck (good and bad for both sides), bone rattling defence, and a see-saw scoreline.

In a word: exciting.

Refreshing to watch Australia take part in a match like that. Take a bow, wallabies for tonight you played well.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Not at all bothered by the lack of cards. They're dished out too easily these days and neither incident was really dangerous, even though technically he probably should have gone.
What I am bothered by is the absolute shit kicking by foley which once again cost us the game and series as it did against England last year.
As usual we lose the close ones and always have to score more tries than our opposition because we can't bloody kick!
Jesus I could have made those kicks and I'm not a paid professional.
Just not good enough.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Refs coming down hard on lifting above 90. Regardless of intent, who you are or the colour of your undies, if you lift opponent over 90 you are in trouble ie either yellow or red. Not sure what exempted retallick from the rulebook.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
2:27-2:30 looks bad and is heavily suggestive of intent. To be fair to Retallick though it looks more like an angry brain snap rather than a calculated act of maliciousness--not that this should lighten the punishment he might receive just lessen the stain on his character.

In breaking news, Retallick will use the "3-eyed raven" defence and claim this guy made him do it.
Bran-Stark-Three-Eyed-Raven.jpg

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The AB's played like shit - Absolutely hopeless performance.
Wallabies played above themselves and still lost.
It is what it is and it isn't what it isn't.
Comments on here resemble the Welsh.
But a reminder - The Wallabies lost.
Bloody poor performance by NZ but they still got the job done.
A performance well below acceptability couple with an Australian performance that was good and above normal - Can they sustain it - I very much doubt it.

I really do wonder when people are happy with a loss.
An AB loss is never ever acceptable.

It is time that this AB Team kicked some arse - The Wallabies will be thumped when they play game 3.

This performance from NZ was just not acceptable and Shag will be starting to get pissed off.
0/10 for effort.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Give us a year to coach it out of him again

we still have no real poise under stress, the mistake imo by izzy on that last kick off charging across field into Rodda and then Beale charging out of the line for their last try is not on. They are our so called million dollar players and need to be better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.