• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyLan

Allen Oxlade (6)
I thought my comments were realistic given the playing roster at the Wicks disposal.

I didnt say it was disappointing not to have won 3 Premierships, I stated it was disappointing not to have made the GFs after poor games from the 1sts & 2nds in the Semis; particularly in the 1st half of each match.

Anything can happen in a Finals match and it can be seen as only one game in the entire season, but how a team performs at the pointy end of the season is what defines you as a team/Club.

I'm sure the Randwick coaching staff will be positive about analysing what happened this season and be positive about improving things for next season.

No. what you said was it was a disappointing season for Randwick. I merely disagreed. It's been a great season on and off the field. Rugby has its highs and it has its lows, but generally speaking to say it's been a disappointing season just simply isn't true. Well it certainly doesn't feel like that, cant wait for next year! :)

SR81x

Attachments

• 21032807_10155218494642415_7731699386887958684_n.jpg
    21032807_10155218494642415_7731699386887958684_n.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 255
S

sidelineview

I said it was a disappointing season for Randwick Colts, which I believe, given the playing roster.
You then twisted it around to mean it was disappointing not to have won 3 Premierships.
Anyway, if you think Randwick had a successful season by winning the 3rds Colts and missing out on the 1sts & 2nds GFs when they were obviously good enough to do so, then good luck to you.
Randwick's not a Club to accept mediocrity and I doubt the coaching staff will be sold on your positive spin.
They would have every reason to be disappointed and every reason to be determined to improve things for next season.

JimmyLan

Allen Oxlade (6)
I didn't twist anything, I interpreted your generalisation of (and I quote) 'But it was a disappointing season for Randwick with all things considered.'

I then went on to provide you with evidence suggesting otherwise:

'3rd Grade Colt Premiers, 2nd Grade Colts Minor Premiers, 1st Grade Colts finishing 2nd in the ladder.'

And now passive aggressively you are belittling a 3rd Grade Colts premiership. Hmmmm so that's a mediocre effort in your eyes? Jeez you are quite the taskmaster lol.

Maybe you should have been more specific with your point in the first place thus to avoid any twisting. ;)

S

sidelineview

lol you must be a politician with green coloured glasses on to draw those conclusions.
belittling a 3rds premiership? thats funny.

Success isnt winning minor premiership and then failing in the Finals; not unless you think romance is kissing your sister.

and the players and coaches wouldnt have expected anything less than making the GFs.

Anyway have it your way. as long as you're happy.

S

sidelineview

The dead sea is one of the saltiest places on earth, second only to Sidelineview

Reality's a bitter pill for some to swallow who only want to hear the ''positives'' but I'd hazard a guess to say the coaching staff will take it as a challenge to improve on this year's results for next season. That in itself is a positive. Players aren't the only ones who learn.

If the Wallabies coaching staff can improve the performance of their team in the space of a week, the Randwick coaches will feel confident in making improvements with a full off-season under their belts.

The truth is both the 1sts and 2nds put in poor performances in the first half of the Semis and ended up losing; the 2nds very narrowly after looking to have nailed it. As I mentioned before, winning the Minor Premiership means very little if you dont make the GF and give yourself a chance to win the Premiership.

The 1sts, with the maximum of 40 player points were beaten comprehensively by Easts with a total of 33 player points. Easts out enthused and outplayed them.

You can take offence and call it negative or anything you want but it is what it is and I doubt if the coaching staff will be failing to look for answers in order to improve.

The fact is, with the 2017 playing roster and fielding 3 strong Colts teams, making 1 GF doesnt add up to success in relation to expectations.

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
How many of the Randwick colts graduate this year? And how many Aus Schoolboys will they buy in attract for next year? Maybe the new batch can do what this year's couldn't.

JimmyLan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Reality's a bitter pill for some to swallow who only want to hear the ''positives'' but I'd hazard a guess to say the coaching staff will take it as a challenge to improve on this year's results for next season. That in itself is a positive. Players aren't the only ones who learn. - Reality for me yesterday was winning a premiership

If the Wallabies coaching staff can improve the performance of their team in the space of a week, the Randwick coaches will feel confident in making improvements with a full off-season under their belts.- 100%

The truth is both the 1sts and 2nds put in poor performances in the first half of the Semis and ended up losing; the 2nds very narrowly after looking to have nailed it. As I mentioned before, winning the Minor Premiership means very little if you dont make the GF and give yourself a chance to win the Premiership.- I won't lie, last weekend was tough but the boys are made of tougher stuff and don't take your opinion that the whole season was a disappointment.

The 1sts, with the maximum of 40 player points were beaten comprehensively by Easts with a total of 33 player points. Easts out enthused and outplayed them.- I know how good were they. I was very impressed. Not quite the Leicester City Premiership winning story though that you're spinning, they were full of quality players also.

You can take offence and call it negative or anything you want but it is what it is and I doubt if the coaching staff will be failing to look for answers in order to improve. - You still don't get it do you SMH. I'm trying to give you an informed take on things, All because you say something Mr Sidelineview doesn't actually make it true

The fact is, with the 2017 playing roster and fielding 3 strong Colts teams, making 1 GF doesnt add up to success in relation to expectations- The fact is we made a grand final, we won, we had the best attack and defence record all year but you're hell bent on putting shade on us.
What and who's expectations? There are plenty of clubs with plenty of good players, why are you so butthurt on ours? I think Uni are full of quality players, Easts, Eastwood, Norths to name but a few, what makes you pick on Wicks?

S

sidelineview

We're going around in circles, so I'll express my opinion and be done with it. You or anyone else are free to disagree.

Of course the players from the 1sts and 2nds teams wouldnt necessarily be down on the whole season. Colts players usually enjoy playing the game and, the camaraderie etc, but would the coaches in analysing the whole Colts season be satisfied with the results?
I say No because they were good enough to make more than 1 GF and didnt. Therefore you'd be looking for improvement next season and if you weren't looking for it you'd be looking for another job.
You'd be asking questions as to why the 1sts and 2nds didnt perform as expected in the Semis.

Player points for the Finals:
In 1sts Colts (max 40 points)
Randwick's av was 40; Uni 38; Eastwood 33; Easts 32; Warringah 36; Southern Districts 22.

2nd Colts (max 35 points)
Randwick 32; Uni 34; Gordon 24; Easts 18; Norths 14; Southern Districts 14.

Therefore, based on the playing roster and player points the expectations for the season were high for Uni and Randwick. that was the case from the start of the year.
Uni made the 3 GFs and won 2.
Randwick made 1 GF and won the 3rds.
Easts made 2 GFs.

Therefore, overall Randwick Colts under performed.
I'm being objective.
Thats all from me.

lightning rod

Chris McKivat (8)
Demonstrating the gift to rugby Randwick is, taking players that have clearly been identified a development potential and helping them realise it by keeping them in the view of elite squads in spite of performance

JimmyLan

Allen Oxlade (6)
We're going around in circles, so I'll express my opinion and be done with it. You or anyone else are free to disagree.- Clearly I'm not free to disagree because you keep going off like a pork chop, I thought the lovely photo of me holding the Cup was enough but nooooooo you have to keep chiming on.

Of course the players from the 1sts and 2nds teams wouldnt necessarily be down on the whole season. Colts players usually enjoy playing the game and, the camaraderie etc, but would the coaches in analysing the whole Colts season be satisfied with the results?
I say No because they were good enough to make more than 1 GF and didnt. Therefore you'd be looking for improvement next season and if you weren't looking for it you'd be looking for another job.
You'd be asking questions as to why the 1sts and 2nds didnt perform as expected in the Semis.- Good point, why didn't you say that in the first place.

Player points for the Finals:
In 1sts Colts (max 40 points)
Randwick's av was 40; Uni 38; Eastwood 33; Easts 32; Warringah 36; Southern Districts 22.

2nd Colts (max 35 points)
Randwick 32; Uni 34; Gordon 24; Easts 18; Norths 14; Southern Districts 14.

Therefore, based on the playing roster and player points the expectations for the season were high for Uni and Randwick. that was the case from the start of the year.
Uni made the 3 GFs and won 2.
Randwick made 1 GF and won the 3rds.
Easts made 2 GFs.
Really do you believe what you just said? lol High points on players dont mean they are better than someone else. Johnny Pommy is 6 points because he is an overseas import and young club Junior is 2 points. Does that mean JP is better than JR? Of course not. The points system has more implications than you think but dont get me wrong it's a good thing.

Therefore, overall Randwick Colts under performed.
I'm being objective.

No you're not, you're trying to sound informed when infact you're not.

Thats all from me.

and good night from him

S

sidelineview

I thought i was done.
When a Club attracts a lot of talent as Uni and Randwick did this year the expectation for success understandable becomes high.
Uni delivered. Randwick didnt. Easts did well.
A 'lovely' photo of some bloke with the 3rd grade premiership trophy doesnt constitute an overall successful season.

S

sidelineview

Doesn't count for a mediocre season either, as you have suggested.

Thinking that the definition of success is winning a 3rd grade Premiership when the 1sts and 2nds bombed out is accepting mediocrity. It was only success for the 3rds, no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.