• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidelinesid

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not knowing any of the players at the 3rd colts finals, I was very impressed by the overall quality of the match and the skill levels of both sides.
Randwick kept their composure better than Uni who spent a lot of the match a man down.
The 9 and 10 for Wicks stood out and the 4 had good skills in the lineout.

Uni never gave up and attacked strongly in the second half but every small error was picked on by randwick using the wind to great advantage and kicking long.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not knowing any of the players at the 3rd colts finals, I was very impressed by the overall quality of the match and the skill levels of both sides.
Randwick kept their composure better than Uni who spent a lot of the match a man down.
The 9 and 10 for Wicks stood out and the 4 had good skills in the lineout.

Uni never gave up and attacked strongly in the second half but every small error was picked on by randwick using the wind to great advantage and kicking long.
I saw Randwick 4 play CHS last year and he really stood out that day.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
and I'm not responsible for what anyone else posts.
But you have to take ownership of what you post. Please stop being bitter and come and help. I think all the young men including your lot, would rather have you onside than sitting here telling us how wonderful the world of Waverley is too.
To put the season to the sword over 2 x first halves of football (total 75 minutes) made me come back here to defend the young men of which your grandson/son is one.

75 minutes.

The entire season became mediocre at 75 minutes? To think of what Messrs Partridge, Ryan, Kellaway, Lancaster et al put in to the year and you make it mediocre?
You were there when the 2's lost after the bell. I know you were. It hit the crowd like a death in the family. And you call it mediocre? Tell the 19 lads that took the field that they were mediocre, and then I'll pay attention to you

S

sidelineview

But you have to take ownership of what you post. Please stop being bitter and come and help. I think all the young men including your lot, would rather have you onside than sitting here telling us how wonderful the world of Waverley is too.
To put the season to the sword over 2 x first halves of football (total 75 minutes) made me come back here to defend the young men of which your grandson/son is one.

75 minutes.

The entire season became mediocre at 75 minutes? To think of what Messrs Partridge, Ryan, Kellaway, Lancaster et al put in to the year and you make it mediocre?
You were there when the 2's lost after the bell. I know you were. It hit the crowd like a death in the family. And you call it mediocre? Tell the 19 lads that took the field that they were mediocre, and then I'll pay attention to you

I'll wear any cap that fits me.

You're not defending the players because it wasnt an attack on the players. You're just incensed that I would say the Semi Final results were disappointing. The players couldnt give a stuff what I thought and they would probably admit it themselves and learn from it.

You're also playing up on the word ''mediocrity'' which I explained was made during a discussion that got out of hand. We both probably should have dropped off earlier.

''Disappointing'' is not exactly putting the whole season to the sword. That's an exaggeration and an emotional response.

I dont remember telling you how wonderful the world of Waverley is but now you've mentioned it, a lot of things Waverley are synonymous with Randwick. I believe 18 Waverley students are members of a Randwick U14s team that's competing in a Grand Final on Sunday. Some good people from both camps are doing some fine work in developing young rugby players, which is obviously good for future Waverley 1st XV teams as well as Randwick Colts in producing more talented and qualified local juniors. Full credit to the Randwick coaches who are giving their time to help coach the schoolboys. The Randwick Academy has proven to be very successful as well producing quite a few players who were selected for State teams in the Schoolboy Nationals. A few ended up being selected in the Aussie Schoolboy team.

The Semi Final results were disappointing. Anyone who cant admit that with an open mind is telling porkies.

As an aside the Colts comp regarding the players points system attracts a lot of controversy. Uni and Randwick have copped it this year.
The only thing I can think of to ease the problem is to restrict the number of imports per Club.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I'll wear any cap that fits me.

You're not defending the players because it wasnt an attack on the players. You're just incensed that I would say the Semi Final results were disappointing. The players couldnt give a stuff what I thought and they would probably admit it themselves and learn from it.

You're also playing up on the word ''mediocrity'' which I explained was made during a discussion that got out of hand. We both probably should have dropped off earlier.

''Disappointing'' is not exactly putting the whole season to the sword. That's an exaggeration and an emotional response.

I dont remember telling you how wonderful the world of Waverley is but now you've mentioned it, a lot of things Waverley are synonymous with Randwick. I believe 18 Waverley students are members of a Randwick U14s team that's competing in a Grand Final on Sunday. Some good people from both camps are doing some fine work in developing young rugby players, which is obviously good for future Waverley 1st XV teams as well as Randwick Colts in producing more talented and qualified local juniors. Full credit to the Randwick coaches who are giving their time to help coach the schoolboys. The Randwick Academy has proven to be very successful as well producing quite a few players who were selected for State teams in the Schoolboy Nationals. A few ended up being selected in the Aussie Schoolboy team.

The Semi Final results were disappointing. Anyone who cant admit that with an open mind is telling porkies.

As an aside the Colts comp regarding the players points system attracts a lot of controversy. Uni and Randwick have copped it this year.
The only thing I can think of to ease the problem is to restrict the number of imports per Club.
As someone who is reasonably familiar with schoolboy football, & the players who are involved in the various school representative teams & school first fifteens etc., I , like many others at the start of the season,on perusing the player lists at each of the clubs, & becoming aware of the new "recruits" at each, formed an opinion of the likely outcome of this seasons competitions. I think many others who follow the colts competitions probably formed somewhat similar opinions.A number of people were very critical of the recruiting process of the Randwick & University clubs , & what was considered the potential long term harmful outcomes for the other
clubs. I was not "disappointed" therefore with the final results , because that would imply in this case that I was hoping for a Randwick & University play off , which I ,like many others probably,am pleased didn't eventuate .So while I am not disappointed with the results , I think it is fair to say , that I & many others are surprised . Both Randwick & University had good seasons , which they should have had ,but just how good is measured by individuals expectations , & what they consider constitutes "good".

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think it's very odd to classify a season as "disappointing" based on losing the qualifying final to get into the grand final. We're dealing with 18, 19 and 20 year old amateur sportsmen, who seemed to have lost a game that many expected them to win. That's what sport is all about. In fact I'd even go as far as saying that how a team, club or individual takes an unexpected loss says a lot more about their character than having an expected win.

Being disappointed with the result of one match, is a very different thing from saying that the season as a whole was disappointing.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Well done to Ed Gregory for colt of the year. You know who you are, please pass on my congratulations.

Wow, he was very underrated at schoolboy level--he hardly missed a tackle playing up the back for Shore last year at all. Good to see him getting the props he deserves at Colts level and hopefully he can make his mark in the 1s for Norths next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.