• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

good tv shows i havent seen?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Vice Principals is back, finally got to watch the first episode of season 2. No drop off in quality, at least from my POV, and the fact that they've committed to only doing these two seasons from the beginning leaves me salivating with anticipation.

Danny McBride is my man.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok so, has anyone watched Shameless, the US version?

It has William H Macy in it as a delinquent dad, in the worst possible way, and his 6 kids who are basically raised by the older sister, all based in South side Chicago. I've ripped through it over the holidays and love it.

Macy is fucking incredible. The first couple of seasons are brilliant. I don't know if its just the writing or perhaps it's not quite bingeable, but I am pushing may way through the last couple of seasons now (hey, I am a completest!).

Shocking story lines, brilliant acting, enough nudity for the perves.

Well worth giving the first season a crack at least.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
not sure if anyone has mentioned them but Frontier and Peaky Blinders on Netflix were both worth watching.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Downton Abbey.

--by Aunty Doris Gunston.

fune17.jpg

"Hello, dearies. Trevor, where's my fucking sherry?"

Downtown Abbey? What is this shit? More like fucken Downs Syndrome Abbey if you bloody well ask me. Stiff upper lip pommy passive aggressive jousting and parrying. Joust, parry, defer, insinuate, rinse & fucken repeat, passive aggressive bollocks, every fuckin scene, cut to next identical scene.

FFS, the pesky cutting to another completely different scene every 30 odd seconds makes it hard for me to focus on the swank rooms bookshelves and daydream where I'd put my fucking records. Those old books'd have to go. Fuck Lloyd George and fuck his father too. It's no longer the library. It's now a doom metal listening & sherry tasting room. Deal with it, c**ts. WTF do these posh toff wankers do all fucken day? I'll fucken tell ya what they do all day, they all get tarted up to the fucken nines and then sit around gossiping about whichever c**t happens to not be in the room at that particular fucken time. These posh toff poofters have nowhere to be and not a fucking thing to do all fucking day, every day, day in and day out. Pretty fucken sweet. I'd be outside with the golf sticks. Holy shit, the grounds. Stately. Those acres and acres of perfect baize lawn are just screaming at me to strafe a 2-iron at some serf fuck doorman.

ps halfway thru my 5th episode and I am now completely hooked on this old ladies bullshit tv show.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
"BILLIONS". oh god so good. Brody from Homeland, Jax missus from Sons of Anarchy and, most egregiously, Stan and his girlfriend, both from "The Americans". Cast as Brody's pal and a fed respectively. Hope they have a scene together so the illusionary delusional fabric of inter-show casting can be screenshotted by me into the shartsphere and beyond.

GREAT show. Everyone is a super smart'n'ruthless sort, coarse wolf of wall st types vs egomaniac lawyers/feds. The best part is I dont need to look at poor people and hear about their trifling shitty humanity, pure escapism into the rarefied realms of 7 million dollar day attila the stockbroker sorts

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
"BILLIONS". oh god so good. Brody from Homeland, Jax missus from Sons of Anarchy and, most egregiously, Stan and his girlfriend, both from "The Americans". Cast as Brody's pal and a fed respectively. Hope they have a scene together so the illusionary delusional fabric of inter-show casting can be screenshotted by me into the shartsphere and beyond.

GREAT show. Everyone is a super smart'n'ruthless sort, coarse wolf of wall st types vs egomaniac lawyers/feds. The best part is I dont need to look at poor people and hear about their trifling shitty humanity, pure escapism into the rarefied realms of 7 million dollar day attila the stockbroker sorts

I watched several episodes of it last year, but I found it very urrgh. I found many of the main characters to be twats.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The doco on Netflix, Icarus is absolutely amazing.

It is about drugs in sport and has been nominated for an Academy Award this year.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Anyone watch The Expanse. Sci-fi has never really been my thing but I do thoroughly enjoy this series. Whether they manage to reverse it's cancellation of not. It's well worth a look. Takes a few episodes to really warm up but once it hits its stride it's really enjoyable.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Anyone watch The Expanse. Sci-fi has never really been my thing but I do thoroughly enjoy this series. Whether they manage to reverse it's cancellation of not. It's well worth a look. Takes a few episodes to really warm up but once it hits its stride it's really enjoyable.
Eh found it too cheesy and Netflix-y.

Just finished Atlanta season 1 and I haven’t laughed that much in a while, very good dark comedy for anyone who hasn’t tried it yet.

Westworld season 2 is back with more mindfuckery, don’t know if it’s actually good or just beautiful and confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I finished Lost in Space. Quite enjoyed it.

To unload my brain at the end of the day, I've turned to Archer. Absolutely perfect brain-dead TV.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
The better half rates "Safe".

On Netflix. The one episode I saw was got me interested.

What is special, is the theme music for the opening and closing credits.

Barns Courtney, is the artist. Have been listening to him on Spotify and really rate him. Alt Rock on steroids.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Just finished Atlanta season 1 and I haven’t laughed that much in a while, very good dark comedy for anyone who hasn’t tried it yet.
S2 goes way darker, less laughs but still damn awesome. The piano pickup episode is ALL-TIME.

Westworld season 2 is back with more mindfuckery, don’t know if it’s actually good or just beautiful and confusing.
Yeah me neither. I like to think i'm sort of following it but ffs half the time just when I get a handle on a scene about 3 minutes in they then whip the rug out and segue to 30 years in the fucken future. You c**s. I'm of middling intelligence and do not have a phD in bloody TV. Hardly helping themsleves with the overwrought cryptic bollox dialogue either "the game is the centre and the centre is the game look backward not forward to find the centre of Ford" oh fuck off

S2 e1 So the drones injecting human DNA into hosts gives them a measure (?) of "soul"? this coupled with Ford hitting some sort of sentience switch is why theyre able to override their settings and kick arse?

ps after the slightly slow burn of season 1, ep 1 was fuckign awesome. The two chicks Mauve and Delores on the fucking rampaaage. Can see a season 4 with them out in the real world, hunting down the Delos head honchos with their completely lifelike zombie army in tow

Another awesome one: BARRY. hitman who decides to try acting

soon to resume:
Jun 24: Preacher
Aug 6: Better Call Saul

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bosch. basic cop show but so easy to watch. He's a jazz dude. I cracked a minor stiffy at his speakers, looked similar to my Sonab's but some sleuthing reveals they're "Ohm Walsh 4" speakers from the 80's, retailed for $2,000 back then. Awesome Dalek look but it pisses me off he leaves his whole swank audio setup at the mercy of the LA sun screaming in through those huge fucken windows all day.

7vrs45r.png
H8m8Rut.png

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
S2 goes way darker, less laughs but still damn awesome. The piano pickup episode is ALL-TIME.

Yeah me neither. I like to think i'm sort of following it but ffs half the time just when I get a handle on a scene about 3 minutes in they then whip the rug out and segue to 30 years in the fucken future. You c**s. I'm of middling intelligence and do not have a phD in bloody TV. Hardly helping themsleves with the overwrought cryptic bollox dialogue either "the game is the centre and the centre is the game look backward not forward to find the centre of Ford" oh fuck off

S2 e1 So the drones injecting human DNA into hosts gives them a measure (?) of "soul"? this coupled with Ford hitting some sort of sentience switch is why theyre able to override their settings and kick arse?

ps after the slightly slow burn of season 1, ep 1 was fuckign awesome. The two chicks Mauve and Delores on the fucking rampaaage. Can see a season 4 with them out in the real world, hunting down the Delos head honchos with their completely lifelike zombie army in tow

Another awesome one: BARRY. hitman who decides to try acting

soon to resume:
Jun 24: Preacher
Aug 6: Better Call Saul

Barry is brilliant, Bill Hader is surprisingly good, I appreciate his SNL stuff but didn't think it would translate.
Interesting you like Barry, two of the episodes were directed by Hiro Murai who has directed the majority of Atlanta, very stylistic taste. He also does Legion which is great.

Bit late on the bandwagon but the girlfriend and I are powering through Handmaid's Tale, some good ol' black mirror freaky hot pot of fuckery with a healthy side of feminism. I'm a big fan.