• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

^butthurt responses from Wests/parochial QPR fans about the new Jerusalem in 3-2-1.

No need for this crap..

It's a fair discussion to have, and recognition of the hard work that West put in to achieve this development.

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-5-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-4-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-11-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-3-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-6-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-7-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclubhouse-9-lowres-jpg.jpg

hb-co-westsrugbyclub-construction-2-lowres-jpg.jpg

Serge

Larry Dwyer (12)
A little bit disingenuous there TOCC trying to compare the Wests clubhouse to just the Viking grandstand. The Vikings ground also has a superb clubhouse overlooking the ground, in addition to the grandstand on the opposite of the ground.
No-one has said the Wests clubhouse is not a great achievement with some excellent facilities. Just adding a little perspective to the discussion.:)

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Apologies for calling TG Millner a sand pit - I think that may have started all this - it's great that both clubs/competitions have such wonderful facilities for players & members.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Apologies for calling TG Millner a sand pit - I think that may have started all this - it's great that both clubs/competitions have such wonderful facilities for players & members.
Don't apologise, it is a sandpit at the moment. Great atmosphere and not many places in Sydney better to watch a game, but the playing surface has no grass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
In NRC#1 they played games at some of the historic NRL grounds - Brookvale, Leichardt, Gosford, even AAMI and Suncorp (pre a Bledisloe), but they seem to be moving to Suburban grounds now which is great for the clubs lucky enough to host a NRC game.

Do the Rams play all home games at TG Millner?

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I've got a massive gripe with the Brisbane City NRC team.
Isn't the whole point of the NRC to develop players who are playing well and hope to bring them up to a standard where they can make the jump into professional rugby within Australia?
Key word being develop.

Why does the QRU keep persisting with Radike Samo? Yes he played two very good finals this year but come on, the bloke is in his 40s. What is the point of picking him when you have young up and coming back rowers like Jeremiah Lynch and Joel Brown who cannot get an NRC game.

And the QRU wonders why we lose players so frequently.....

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Crowd pulling. The irony being, anyone who follows enough to know he is playing is already going regardless of him.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Remember clubs have to nominate players to play / players have to express their interest.

We can't just make grand statements who saying others should be there when we don't know if they were available.

In saying that i am flummoxed Samo has been picked to start but again I don't know what other injuries are around.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Isn't the whole point of the NRC to develop players who are playing well and hope to bring them up to a standard where they can make the jump into professional rugby within Australia?
Key word being develop.

Why does the QRU keep persisting with Radike Samo? Yes he played two very good finals this year but come on, the bloke is in his 40s. What is the point of picking him when you have young up and coming back rowers like Jeremiah Lynch and Joel Brown who cannot get an NRC game.

And the QRU wonders why we lose players so frequently...
I agree, the focus should be on development and not grandstanding grandads or players that are never going to make the next level. A few of the NRC teams are playing their young players, Rising being the case in point, and have surprised a few in the first game against WA.
I think the coach is trying to grandstand himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Key word being develop.

And the QRU wonders why we lose players so frequently...

I agree, but I also think that the the QLD NRC teams have in past years been guilty of leaning too heavily towards youth with potential rather then some of the more senior club men who have been playing to a good standard.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Crowd pulling. The irony being, anyone who follows enough to know he is playing is already going regardless of him.

Radike is not pulling a crowd. Least my personal experience I would never drop what I was doing to go see radike Samo suit up in a third tier Comp.

His a great addition to that squad but I tend to side with The whisper logic about this comp being a pathway for the next generation.

I will say Radike does serve a good purpose in that a vet in the locker room can end up being like a coach out on the field.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Are there any actual country players??like someone from the emus or rocky?? Not someone who played junior footy there. That would be a good interest generator

To my knowledge there is no one actually based in Qld Country.

In fairness I doubt more than a couple based in Country could physically handle the strep up - although I would be happy to see more involved where possible.

But, from a personal point of view I am happy to have a country side involved and Duncan Paia'aua is still seen very much as a Rocky Boy (he frequently helps out both when he comes back home and when CQ teams travel to Brisbane). I would like them to be more rigorous with the criteria of who qualifies for Country.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
NRC crowds Rnd 1 Ballymore 3200 & Rnd 2 at Noosa 1600.

Will be interesting to see how many roll out to Uni & Wests over coming weeks.

Here's one for you - if they play an NRC at Crosby in the future will spectators be charged an entry fee?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well well another Reds coach goes yet Carozza & Cordingley who have overseen the recruitment and retention that has seen more home grown talent leave Qld than in any other era survive.

Why are these two protected species?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Retaining people like Green, Mason, Banks, McMahon, Butler, etc may have helped the Reds over the last couple of coaches but how complicant were Graham & Stiles in all this - recruitment & retention?

Status
Not open for further replies.