• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

donny

Frank Row (1)
Shore 1st XV prediction 2018:

1. Gordie Stokes (2ndXV)
2. Jim Harding (2ndXV)
3. Will Cant (16A's)
4. Jack Stevenson (2ndXV)
5. Ben Wlikins (1stXV)
6. Ben Brownie (2ndXV)
7. Hamish Crafter (1stXV)
8. Dan Williams (1stXV)
9. Hamish Cowan (1stXV)
10. Dan Jackson (2ndXV)
11. Oscar Simons (16A's)
12. Jackson Wunderlich (Injured)
13. Ben Fawcett (2ndXV)
14. Digby Cooke (3rdXV)
15. Alex Fisher (1stXV)

ShortBallSamuels

Frank Row (1)
Heres my predictions:

1) L. Brownie (injured)
2) Jim Harding (1st XV)
3) Louis Wilcox (Golf)
4) Jackson Gresham (2nd XV)
5) Josh Bremner (15As)
6) William Allen- Burton (1st XV)
7) Stewart Scott (3rd XV)
8) Dan Williams (1st XV)
9) Hamish Cowan (1st XV)
10) Lochlan Cheung (4th XV)
11) Connor Baveystock (1st XV)
12) Thomas Waterworth (8th XV)
13) Ben Fawcett (2nd XV)
14) Justin Corbett (3rd XV)
15) Luke Prictor (1st XV)

I think that tommy waterworth should be played at 15. His ability to read the game and direct the play is unlike no other and should be pushing for high rep honours. A player you have failed to mention is young Nicholas Chang. His chop tackle and aggression around the breakdown is surely too much to miss?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I was intrigued to find the following in the history of the AAGPS, written by former Shore headmaster Robert Grant.
It puts the whining and whingeing of posters on here in historical perspective:
File 20-9-17, 4 54 54 pm.jpeg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I was intrigued to find the following in the history of the AAGPS, written by former Shore headmaster Robert Grant.
It puts the whining and whingeing of posters on here in historical perspective:
View attachment 9784

I did notice that when I looked that the AAGPS Athletics programme on Saturday that there was a time when Grammar won the senior division for over 20 consecutive years.

SGS last won it in 1979, TSC last won it in 1975.;)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
1979 was a bit of a stellar year for Grammar:
Premiers in 1sts and 2nds cricket
Premiers in 1sts tennis
Open Champions in Athletics

Following on from HOTR victory in 1978.
In 1980 they played SIC in the final game of the rugby season for the premiership but lost.
That’s pretty much all she wrote....

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
1979 was a bit of a stellar year for Grammar:
Premiers in 1sts and 2nds cricket
Premiers in 1sts tennis
Open Champions in Athletics

Following on from HOTR victory in 1978.
1988 also strong in cricket basketball and 4x100m relay team.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Yes didn't realise that Brisbane boys high plays in gps, and unlike Sydney high has remained partially selective , and has different selection criteria

And have remained clearly competitive in things other than just "hothousing/ academics "

Now there is any idea!! Diverse selection criteria

I really think Sydney high needs a reboot.

Grrrr
Why? Some great players have come from there.

Shit... And to think that I thought schools were all about education.
Little tip, get your kid smarter and he'll probably walk into the 1st XV at Sydney Boys. Believe me it has an amazing alumni

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I did notice that when I looked that the AAGPS Athletics programme on Saturday that there was a time when Grammar won the senior division for over 20 consecutive years.

SGS last won it in 1979, TSC last won it in 1975.;)
Doesn't HRH lambert like runny jumpy throwy kind of things?

Sure he does. The car jump. The bottle throw. The run away from police.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
1988 also strong in cricket basketball and 4x100m relay team.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Although, their 1st XV had less success that year than other sports, they did defeat a powerful Scots 1st XV. They also had a a talented ( I think he was a fullback) player in Michael Crawford (My apologies if I got his name wrong,but its approaching 40 years). Finally, I would not be reflecting my Avatar if I didn't mention, that Newington won the Rugby with a 30-0 nil win against Scots to secure the Rugby Premiership in a near Grand Final match. Ironically, Scots won the Head of River and Newington came second in that race.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Although, their 1st XV had less success that year than other sports, they did defeat a powerful Scots 1st XV. They also had a a talented ( I think he was a fullback) player in Michael Crawford (My apologies if I got his name wrong,but its approaching 40 years). Finally, I would not be reflecting my Avatar if I didn't mention, that Newington won the Rugby with a 30-0 nil win against Scots to secure the Rugby Premiership in a near Grand Final match. Ironically, Scots won the Head of River and Newington came second in that race.

What's happened to your avatar B&W? Plenty of W, but no B.:)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Ive not been able to see anyones avatar for a few weeks now and thought it must have been something i had pressed or done. It would appear its same for others???

Yours has now disappeared too. I can see mine, IS and BW from this page. There's a similar problem on other threads.

I'm on Google Chrome - I have no idea if that has anything to do with it or not.