• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
SDW,

Yes SDW, some big shoes to fill, same was said about the 2017 team after the 2016 team triumphed.

This team not only has a lot of 1st XV experience, and rep, but also this team was the 2016 16as team that was undefeated in the CAS, now is their year. their time in 2018.

Plus the 2 1st XV coaches aren't bad, so if the big game in 2018 is against Barker, it will be played at Death Valley, read into our chances now, as you will.

This would also be a trifecta year for the school, can't remember if/when that has ever been achieved.
Waverley have the trifecta 4 times so far. Knox have done it twice, Barker have done it twice and no other school has done it.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
They will both get trialled I am sure. Luc should be in the 1sts. Hugo is only in yr 10 so will probably do time in the 2nds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuamasaga

Bob McCowan (2)

Bit of footage of Cranbrook's 16s who will be playing opens next year. A few boys in there with a lot of potential.

cranbrook needs to change their rugby culture from the top down. it seems they always have a strong u16 cohort that ends up disappointing a lot of people. it wasnt long ago that people were expecting glastras to achieve further honours, but he doesnt even play rugby anymore. their only cas representative from last year also quit rugby after being put in a position he didnt like. they cannot fill a second xv team, and as we all know couldnt find three decent front rowers this year. their premiership winning 2014 season was off the back of some good luck as knox self-destructed in the later part of the season, and was their first win in twenty years anyways. the younger grades aren't struggling as much as the higher grades, so i think that the biggest problem with cranbrook rugby is the failure of their headmaster and master of rugby to facilitate rugby culture. for a school of that size and financial ability to struggle to pull together a second xv is disappointing for many parents and supporters, but especially for the younger kids who have noone in their school to aspire to. st aloysius have not won a premiership since 1978, and yet were far more competitive, and have been for the past few years. they have a weak rugby culture, and they know they have a weak rugby culture. but they dont care, because their debating and oratory program is one of the best in the country. cranbrook needs to stop accepting mediocracy. if they want to focus on other areas beside rugby, that is the direction they will go. but at the moment, the men in charge seem hopelessly lost in finding direction for the school. im sure the old boy community and all cas rugby supporters will strongly want cranbrook to start developing their rugby culture again. i hope all the passionate boys in the 16s and below dont get disheartened by their school's incompetence, and continue to pursue rugby after graduating.

leftrightout16

Peter Burge (5)
cranbrook needs to change their rugby culture from the top down. it seems they always have a strong u16 cohort that ends up disappointing a lot of people. it wasnt long ago that people were expecting glastras to achieve further honours, but he doesnt even play rugby anymore. their only cas representative from last year also quit rugby after being put in a position he didnt like. they cannot fill a second xv team, and as we all know couldnt find three decent front rowers this year. their premiership winning 2014 season was off the back of some good luck as knox self-destructed in the later part of the season, and was their first win in twenty years anyways. the younger grades aren't struggling as much as the higher grades, so i think that the biggest problem with cranbrook rugby is the failure of their headmaster and master of rugby to facilitate rugby culture. for a school of that size and financial ability to struggle to pull together a second xv is disappointing for many parents and supporters, but especially for the younger kids who have noone in their school to aspire to. st aloysius have not won a premiership since 1978, and yet were far more competitive, and have been for the past few years. they have a weak rugby culture, and they know they have a weak rugby culture. but they dont care, because their debating and oratory program is one of the best in the country. cranbrook needs to stop accepting mediocracy. if they want to focus on other areas beside rugby, that is the direction they will go. but at the moment, the men in charge seem hopelessly lost in finding direction for the school. im sure the old boy community and all cas rugby supporters will strongly want cranbrook to start developing their rugby culture again. i hope all the passionate boys in the 16s and below dont get disheartened by their school's incompetence, and continue to pursue rugby after graduating.

There is no doubt Cranbrook had a bad year this year, they had 5 front rowers who all received season ending injuries including Glastras who had a back injury at the start of the season. None of the boys played CAS last year except Oscar May who played in the 16s and had a double shoulder reconstruction. Cranbrook's Rugby culture isn't the strongest, but looking back at the past few years there have been some great performances. Brook beating Waverley at Death Valley in both '14 and '15, Cranbrook's seconds taking both Knox and Waverley on last year at Knox and at Waverley and tying both games. Cranbrook changed head of Rugby and head coach this year and with that have made many changes to the rugby program. Hopefully it is a change towards a better culture but you can't let a bad year dictate Cranbrook's whole rugby. They have been on top of Aloys in the 3 of the last 5 seasons and have won a title more recently than Barker, Trinity and Aloys. I know this post was probably to bait out the loyal Brook supporters and get them fired up, which you succeeded in. We will just have to wait til next year to see.

Jason_phillips_Knox

Stan Wickham (3)

Bit of footage of Cranbrook's 16s who will be playing opens next year. A few boys in there with a lot of potential.

Based on what i have seen from another schools perspective Cranbrook 16s is a Very very strong age group coming through to join the opens. The Cranbrook 16s these past couple of years have put on amazing performances but always end up just short. Some star players to look at are Alii Pakutoa (11) who brings great defence and quick lines. Jake Taylor (12) who is quick in attack and is very snappy on his feet. Oliver Lamens (15) who is great in attack creating opportunities when flying through holes. Peter North (13) Strong, Quick, Powerful just is an all round athlete and there best Alex Oreilly (8) who hits contact and breakdowns hard and as you can see in the video is constantly putting on dominant tackles and also played a few games in the opens this year.

Cranbrook 2018:

1. H.Hayman (Y11)
2. E.Banks (Y12)/L.Christopher (Y11)
3. W.Andreas (Y12)
4. O.Carroll (Y11)
5. H.Tilley (Y12)
6. J.Vicars (Y12)
7. O.May (Y12)
8. A.Oreilly (Y11)
9. T Smith (Y11)
10. T.White (Y12)
11. A.Pakutoa (Y11)
12. J.Taylor (Y11)
13. P.North (Y11)
14. M.Epstein (Y11)/W.Crowley (Y12)
15. O.Lamens (Y11)

Try_Time_11

Frank Row (1)
I've come across this good little video put together by what looks like one of the Waverley boys showing a few of the highlights from their successful First XV Season

Rob Griffin 27

Frank Row (1)
Potential Alos 1st XV with potential CAS selections after watching them play this year, not the results they were hoping for but some quality year 11s in that side

1. Ienco (Cas2s?)
2. Spalding
3. Mcneil Cas 16s 2016
4. Brennan
5. ?
6. Rahme (Cas 1s?)
7. Ryan (Cas 2s?)
8. Partington 16as
9. Disano (Cas 2s?)
10. Pollack (Cas 2s?)
11. ?
12. Spalding 16as
13. Brannagan (Cas 2s?)
14. ?
15 Westbury (Cas 1s?)

Alos are hoping for a much better year considering in 2016 the 16a's came second to waverly and the 15a's were premiers.

thepuma

Peter Burge (5)
There is no doubt Cranbrook had a bad year this year, they had 5 front rowers who all received season ending injuries including Glastras who had a back injury at the start of the season. None of the boys played CAS last year except Oscar May who played in the 16s and had a double shoulder reconstruction. Cranbrook's Rugby culture isn't the strongest, but looking back at the past few years there have been some great performances. Brook beating Waverley at Death Valley in both '14 and '15, Cranbrook's seconds taking both Knox and Waverley on last year at Knox and at Waverley and tying both games. Cranbrook changed head of Rugby and head coach this year and with that have made many changes to the rugby program. Hopefully it is a change towards a better culture but you can't let a bad year dictate Cranbrook's whole rugby. They have been on top of Aloys in the 3 of the last 5 seasons and have won a title more recently than Barker, Trinity and Aloys. I know this post was probably to bait out the loyal Brook supporters and get them fired up, which you succeeded in. We will just have to wait til next year to see.

sorry guys but based on this clip we need to support the club pathway to end the Wallabies woes.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Potential Alos 1st XV with potential CAS selections after watching them play this year, not the results they were hoping for but some quality year 11s in that side

1. Ienco (Cas2s?)
2. Spalding
3. Mcneil Cas 16s 2016
4. Brennan
5. ?
6. Rahme (Cas 1s?)
7. Ryan (Cas 2s?)
8. Partington 16as
9. Disano (Cas 2s?)
10. Pollack (Cas 2s?)
11. ?
12. Spalding 16as
13. Brannagan (Cas 2s?)
14. ?
15 Westbury (Cas 1s?)

Alos are hoping for a much better year considering in 2016 the 16a's came second to waverly and the 15a's were premiers.

I think you'll fine Knox were 16A's premiers this year.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Hi Mate,

Having watched yesterdays Aussie schoolboys game,it may be too late, but I would..

Move Donaldson to 10, Will Harrison to 12, and Will Loyd into wing with Hopa on the other wing,and Jimenze into 15.

Ben Dono just gives the back line so much time to execute which is what I thought was poor yesterday.

Nick Frost was best on field, outstanding game.

We will need to execute very well to have any chance of beating the kiwi's!

Your thoughts.

P.S. The young ball boy was best on field!

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Hi Mate,

Having watched yesterdays Aussie schoolboys game,it may be too late, but I would..

Move Donaldson to 10, Will Harrison to 12, and Will Loyd into wing with Hopa on the other wing,and Jimenze into 15.

Ben Dono just gives the back line so much time to execute which is what I thought was poor yesterday.

Nick Frost was best on field, outstanding game.

We will need to execute very well to have any chance of beating the kiwi's!

Your thoughts.

P.S. The young ball boy was best on field!

Hi WLF, I tend to agree with you. The backline looked static to me. Donaldson was terrific......would add some spark from 10. I thought Harrison was excellent also. The backline needs Lloyds pace also. Frosty did well.......I thought the 7 was amazing too. The ballboy loved it mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.