• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Osborne

Frank Nicholson (4)
Thanks AO.

Would you mind if I used some of your pics in the preview I am writing for Mondays Aust Schools and Barbarians matches, for publishing on Green and Gold on Saturday?

If yes, who should i credit them to?

Send me a PM (convo) if you would prefer.

Rich

Thanks, happy for you to use them, my name is Adam Osborne

Breaks_Away

Sydney Middleton (9)
I've managed to find some info on the NZ Schoolboy forward pack, take a look Guys & Gals the team is looking pretty formidable!

NZ Schoolboys Coach Jason Holland previews the tournament, and talks about how exciting it is to work with such a talented group of young players.

NZ Schoolboys Forwards pack

FORWARDS
The forwards are an equally daunting prospect. The frighteningly large and talented group of youngsters will take confidence into their contests, particularly against Australia, who they have not lost to at this level in the last five seasons.
Professional rugby will not be far off for a lot of these boys, so don't be surprised if you see them turning out for your favourite Super Rugby sides soon.

http://www.rugbydump.com/2017/09/59...us-schoolboys-look-ready-to-cause-some-damage

NEW ZEALAND SCHOOLS TEAM vs. FIJI SCHOOLS:
1. Tamaiti Williams (St Kentigern College), 2. Sam Cooper (St Paul's Collegiate, Hamilton), 3. Josiah Tavita-Metcalfe (Hastings Boys' High School), 4. Naitoa Ah Kuoi (Wellington College), 5. Tupou Vaa’I (Wesley College), 6. Charles Alaimalo (Hamilton Boys' High School), 7. Jeriah Mua (Hastings Boys' High School), 8. Devan Flanders (Hastings Boys' High School), 9. Taufa Funaki (Sacred Heart College, Auckland), 10. Rivez Reihana (St Kentigern College), 11. Leicester Faingaanuku (Nelson College), 12. Quinn Tupaea (Hamilton Boys High School) *CAPTAIN, 13. Tauterangimarie Kapea (Hamilton Boys' High School), 14. Kini Naholo (Hastings Boys' High School), 15. Etene Nanai (St Kentigern College) 

Replacements: 16. Abraham Pole (Otago Boys' High School), 17. Fatongia Paea (Sacred Heart College, Auckland), 18. George Dyer (St Paul's Collegiate, Hamilton), 19. Quade Tapsell (Gisborne Boys' High School), 20. Josh Southall (St Patrick's College – Silverstream), 21. Humphrey Sheild (Napier Boys' High School), 22. Lincoln McClutchie (Hastings Boys' High School), 23. Isaiah Punivai (Christs College)
The Australia Schools team will host New Zealand Schools before the Greater Sydney Rams play Fiji Drua in the round five National Rugby Championship on the 7th. Australian Schools Barbarians v Fiji Schools takes place before that.
*SCORES UPDATE 29/09/2017: 
New Zealand Schools beat Fiji Schools 54-7, while New Zealand Schools Barbarians beat Tonga Schools 33-19.
FIXTURES:
Monday 2 October, Knox Grammar School 
- Australian Schools Barbarians v New Zealand Schoolboys, 1.00pm AEST
- Australia Schools v Fiji Schools, 3.00pm AEST

Saturday 7 October, TG Milner, Eastwood 
- Australian Schools Barbarians v Fiji Schools, 11.00am AEST
- Australia Schools v New Zealand Schools, 12.50pm AEST

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
This looks like any Oz v NZ match - Australian side plucky and reasonably talented, but executing everything at half the pace the Kiwis can manage.

And the crucial errors... *facepalm*

Akula

Herbert Moran (7)
Aussie Baabaas went okay today. Never stopped trying but just couldn't get through the NZ defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.