• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springbokke vs Wallabies @ Osfontein 30/9/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KAOPointman

I think the last line from KAOPointman's review of Foley's performance from this match is why everyone thinks his opinions are, to put it very politely, not worth reading.

"For me.once again a terrible overall display for a playmaker"

Why would anyone take them seriously or think they show any objectivity whatsoever when the takeaway from a strong performance by the Wallabies at a difficult venue where as the 10, Foley set up all 3 tries and had perfect goal kicking was that?

It's a long rant after every game where it is clear the objective is to say how bad Foley was with absolutely no regard to anything else.
No objectivity??? Is that why I included all his try involvements....and made comment they were GOOD movements?
Your TOTALY missing the point of my personal opinion of his overall game. As a "PLAYMAKER".... Yes he helped score 3 tries and kicked conversion very well, despite conveersions having nothing to do with any on field position....he ALSO as our PLAYMAKER threw forward passes, knocked the ball on, missed half a dozen tackles...half our teams 1st half tally, kicked away wasting adv numerous times along with a terrible kicking display(bar his restart kicks).

It is not a rant...it is a fair assessment, BOTH good and bad game involvements noted for the guy who is running the Wallabies Attack! Just because you don't like my opinion, doesn't make it worthless. The form of a player is NOT judged simply by what they do right in a game. It should involve ever point in the game they have an impact! If any poster here reading THAT can't understand that....then you probably should go watch rugby league!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No objectivity??? Is that why I included all his try involvements..and made comment they were GOOD movements?
Your TOTALY missing the point of my personal opinion of his overall game. As a "PLAYMAKER".. Yes he helped score 3 tries and kicked conversion very well, despite conveersions having nothing to do with any on field position..he ALSO as our PLAYMAKER threw forward passes, knocked the ball on, missed half a dozen tackles.half our teams 1st half tally, kicked away wasting adv numerous times along with a terrible kicking display(bar his restart kicks).

It is not a rant.it is a fair assessment, BOTH good and bad game involvements noted for the guy who is running the Wallabies Attack! Just because you don't like my opinion, doesn't make it worthless. The form of a player is NOT judged simply by what they do right in a game. It should involve ever point in the game they have an impact! If any poster here reading THAT can't understand that..then you probably should go watch rugby league!

I have 1 missed tackle from Foley, but 6 from Hooper...... Only 1 handling error...........

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
1x4uqh.jpg

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
I think the last line from KAOPointman's review of Foley's performance from this match is why everyone thinks his opinions are, to put it very politely, not worth reading.

"For me.once again a terrible overall display for a playmaker".

I think the other end of the spectrum would be giving him MOM with 50% tackle completion and some serious errors
Reality is in the middle somewhere.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If you look at things relatively, that wasn't forward. Compared to the one the Saffas threw.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I agree wholeheartedly about the Saffas' huge forward pass Sully, but relative to the line markings on the ground, Foley's pass was about 1m forward, and momentum doesn't come into it as he wasn't moving forward when he made the pass. But I see that it's recorded on the score board. Just don't think the same amount of forward direction will always go unchecked.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
I agree wholeheartedly about the Saffas' huge forward pass Sully, but relative to the line markings on the ground, Foley's pass was about 1m forward, and momentum doesn't come into it as he wasn't moving forward when he made the pass. But I see that it's recorded on the score board. Just don't think the same amount of forward direction will always go unchecked.

Luckily it's not part of the move!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I actually was surprised the SA television guys didn't play it more at the time. I instantly thought it was forward.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Only just watched the replay of how Cheika reacted when asked whether Folau pulled old mates hair.. Cheika blew up over nothing, and then questioned the reporter whether he had actually played rugby, all rather patronising. He needs to stop carrying on like a clown In his post match interviews, he has taken aim at the referees a few time this year and not for overly controversial decisions. Someone needs to tell him to choose your battles, whinging every game doesn’t achieve anything. If he were more selective on when to voice up it may carry more weight when read by Word Rugby of the Refs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.