• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The new Wallaby jersey

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Can someone tell me the history and reason why we used to have an almost Orange or burnt orange coloured jersey back at least to the 2nd world cup.

Then it stated morphing into the Yellow and Gold colour.

Why the change? I actually like the original colour better and is not similar to any other nation.

I've often wondered why no one has started a petition to bring back that old gold. Would be interesting to see what level of interest there really is.

My feeling is ASICS would sell a bunch if they brought back the old '91 gold and simple/plain design for a season, or even a world cup campaign. Might stir the hearts of all the older fans from days past.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm sure this has been said elsewhere, but I couldn't but an Australia or Queensland replica jersey. To me they're still rep jerseys, to be earned. Iwish they'd just produce a supporters jersey that can be worn to the game/pub that actually look ok. Maybe with the old school orange and bottle green, or the green and white sleeve stripes.

They are supporters jersey. The big difference being that they don't feature the proper Australian coat of arms on them unless they are the real deal.

If you want something that looks nothing like the national jersey there are captain's run jerseys, polo shirts, hoodies and jackets.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Perhaps maybe ponder it a little more and it may come to you, try and use logic rather than emotion.
The politics forum was shut because of the this line of argument.

You made your point, fair enough. I'm also hesitant to chop and change kits and god knows the Wallabies have served up other shockers.

I hope you were equally critical of each and every other iteration of the jersey since 1999, not just the one that is built on a symbolism specific to indigenous Australians.

Because from my perspective your 'logic' reads very similarly to the anti-immigration and anti-constituional recognition rants from mad racists on twitter and facebook.

For what it's worth it think the design, symbolism and intent are spot on. Dial down the fluoro and I might even replace my 2003 top with it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
They are supporters jersey. The big difference being that they don't feature the proper Australian coat of arms on them unless they are the real deal.

If you want something that looks nothing like the national jersey there are captain's run jerseys, polo shirts, hoodies and jackets.

Yes, I realise that there are a tonne of products. I happen to own a polo shirt for that reason.

As for the difference, yes, they are replicas and not an exact facsimile of the player issue jerseys, but I wouldn't be calling the football on the coat of arms a big difference. More of a detail, really.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
Super keen to buy the indigenous jersey but it seems like they're all out? Hopefully they'll make a shitload more - they'll sell like hotcakes.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Super keen to buy the indigenous jersey but it seems like they're all out? Hopefully they'll make a shitload more - they'll sell like hotcakes.

Seems like they are selling like hotcakes, had a couple delays with mine but should be getting it this week!

UPDATE: IT ARRIVED! The colors are even more vibrant in person, love it. Material is nice and breathable too - not nearly as heavy as other jerseys I've gotten in the past

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't know if this is OK to do but I have been given a medium size Indigenous Wallabies Jersey that doesn't quite fit right on me. Can't exchange it cause they're sold out. PM me if you're interested in it.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
12992894c2148ea542d5783ce9f8351d.jpg

Hey guys, probably not the best thread for this but could someone please tell me what year/World Cup this jersey is from? I’m fairly sure it’s the 2001 one, but that’s actually before my time so would appreciate confirmation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Bit of a cheeky bump but rugby.com.au running a series of polls on facebook to dtermine the best wallabies RWC jersey in the lead up to the jumper being revealed on Wednesday