• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Sunday 19 November 2:00am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

That’s the second time Simmons has dropped the call in contact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
If there is one thing I wish to never experience again for the rest of my days, it is the absolute garbage combination of an Englishman, rugby and the name Barnes. F*ing nauseating.

Good old fashioned northern game isn't it.

T

TOCC

Can't advance in front of the kicker. Decision is correct - but like so many laws is frequently ignored. England have been chasing kicks in offside positions all match

Technically you can advance, but you can’t move within 10m of where the ball lands or where another player is trying to play it

T

TOCC

Lot of weak tackles by the Wallabies forwards, England forwards getting across the advantage line quite easily

T

TOCC

16 players against 13 at the moment

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
First three minutes after half time are going to be tough. We've weathered the storm without Hooper pretty well so far.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Isn't the red aloud to penalise England. Consistently ofdside. Otoji shoulder charge Simmons and didnt get a card. Yellow cards to wallabies for fuck all.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
he wasnt trying to catch it but we wasnt trying to knock it down either. looked more like the ball just hit his mitt for mine

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't think the card on Beale is overly harsh. If he sticks out his hand to block that pass he pretty much has to catch it.

Australia were under pressure and without that knock down England make a line break and may well score in broken play.

It was at least a penalty and I think stopping a line break makes the card reasonable.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I don't think the card on Beale is overly harsh. If he sticks out his hand to block that pass he pretty much has to catch it.

Australia were under pressure and without that knock down England make a line break and may well score in broken play.

It was at least a penalty and I think stopping a line break makes the card reasonable.

Both cards could have easily been only penalties. Depending on the Ref. Both 50/50 calls and we got the wrong end twice. I'm loving this contest too.. don't want a few card ruining the contest which is so close at the moment

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Technically you can advance, but you can’t move within 10m of where the ball lands or where another player is trying to play it

Law 11 In general play a player is offside if the player is in front of a team-mate who is carrying the ball, or in front of a team-mate who last played the ball. ....... A player who is in an offside position is liable to sanction only if the player does one of three things: •Interferes with play or, •Moves forward, towards the ball or •Fails to comply with the 10-Metre Law (Law 11.4). So technically correct - bit of a difficulty with consistency of application. Commentators also make a decent point that he tried to check his run until he was played onside. Hard to stop immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.