• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Sunday 19 November 2:00am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I didn't notice Enever do much. And actually the first game I didn't think Hanigan was that bad, certainly wasn't worst on field - Simmons wanted that award back.

It’s because Hanigan was hooked at 40

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Great game: Kepu, TPN, Sio, Koroibete, McMahon

Good game: Kuridrani, Kerevi, Foley

Average game: Enever, Hooper

Poor game: Simmons, Hodge, Beale, Genia, Hanigan

More than half the team had a good game? Drop them down a peg.

Good: Kepu, Koriobete
Okay: Sio, TPN, McMahon
Low pass: Hooper, Hodge, Enever, Foley, Kuridrani
Poor: Simmons, Beale, Genia, Kerevi, Hanigan

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
IIRC Moore has been penalised several times in several matches, and that has cost the Wobs bigtime.

A mutterer

Desmond Connor (43)
we didnt get the rub of the green, but we butchered so many good opportunities with dropped balls. can't blame the ref.

more concerning for me is that we seemed to switch off mentally at crucial moments.

and it looked like we gave up mentally in that last 6 or so minutes.

T

TOCC

IIRC Moore has been penalised several times in several matches, and that has cost the Wobs bigtime.

Which penalties specifically, and how are they any different to other players penalties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
and it looked like we gave up mentally in that last 6 or so minutes.

Dunno. Maybe.

But that's England's biggest winning margin over Australia, ever.

The gap was larger than it should be.

Some poor outcomes in this game, but they might've started clocking them up even before kickoff.

I'm not talking selections but suggestions the Aussie team bus made it to the stadium with very little time to spare due to traffic, cutting short the pre-game routine.

If true, that sort of thing needs to be ironed out because it's bad management. Leave earlier.

Cheika might have dug himself another hole with an injudicious call as well.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
That's about as close as you can get. I reckon it maybe nicked a couple of white blades of grass but is that enough to overturn it, probably not.

Interesting question. I thought that it had to be on the line for it to be out (it looked to me like it was up against the line if not on it), but it actually looks like it is a bit more than that. Law 19 says that "The ball is in touch when it is not being carried by a player and it touches the touchline or anything or anyone on or beyond the touchline." If there isn't a gap between the ball and the line then I reckon they are probably touching?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
That was a game we should have won.
It should have been closer but should have won...not sure...I actually feel for cheika as passionate guy with cameras on him all the time and lady interviewing him at the end of the game was trying to get him on the wrong foot about ref and what he mouthed in hear of the game when he was trying to steer clear of that.

Leave our cheika alone poms...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It should have been closer but should have won.not sure.I actually feel for cheika as passionate guy with cameras on him all the time and lady interviewing him at the end of the game was trying to get him on the wrong foot about ref and what he mouthed in hear of the game when he was trying to steer clear of that.

Leave our cheika alone poms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well rugbynutter, I am in no way a Chuckles fan, but I agree with you about that woman interviewing him at end of game, I think to often the press push the point to much, ok Chuckles certainly appears to mouth f***ing cheat, and shouldn't, but I think once she had asked the question, it needed to be left, he more or less said I don't know what I said and perhaps it could of been left there.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Serious question too about Hooper, apparently he now the most YCed player in test history, as Cyclo asked last week (and quite rightly) about SBW, does he need to pulled into line as captain? Or perhaps change the captaincy?
And genuine question

Reactions: gel

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The disallowed Koroibete try was a huge turning point through bad refereeing.

Certainly it was reasonable not to award the try but you would see that awarded on many occasions.

Robshaw was several metres offside at the last ruck and is never onside to make that tackle. Should have been at least a penalty to the Wallabies but more reasonably a yellow card against Robshaw and probably a penalty try as well.

Farrell bleated at O'Keeffe right through the TMO review and it was ugly. It probably helped his side though. Should Hooper have done the same? It was good that it didn't but maybe not having someone arguing our case the whole way through cost us there in what was the key moment of the game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
General quality of international refereeing is just so poor these days. What with all the replays and performance reviews they seem to be so scared to award a try that they'll manufacture reasons to get around it. Then at other times they'll inexplicably miss some obvious error or infringement, didn't we have this O'Keefe guy against SA and he almost cost us the game missing a 10m forward pass? Whether or not we would have won is beside the point the problem is game after game is marred by these controversies and it's so frustrating to watch.

Anyway we'll just wait until the World Cup to knock them off again.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
11.1 OFFSIDE IN GENERAL PLAY (a) A player who is in an offside position is liable to sanction only if the player does one of three things: • Interferes with play or, • Moves forward, towards the ball or • Fails to comply with the 10-Metre Law (Law 11.4).
That happens so many times in games. He was put inside very quickly and there was another kick that didn't come from him which he was onside for.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The result wasn't in any way a surprise to me.

Nor was I surprised that referee O'Keefe had a poor game, I don't rate him at super level let alone in a test match. As I have remarked many times, it's a mystery as to how the country which produces more high quality players and coaches per capita than any other nation on earth consistently produces sub-standard referees.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
The result wasn't in any way a surprise to me.

Nor was I surprised that referee O'Keefe had a poor game, I don't rate him at super level let alone in a test match. As I have remarked many times, it's a mystery as to how the country which produces more high quality players and coaches per capita than any other nation on earth consistently produces sub-standard referees.

And now all South Africa's quality referees have retired we're stuck with substandard kiwis more and more.

T

TOCC

Rugby Union needs to take a look at NRLs bunker system, far better then what occurs at the moment with the TMO, the time it takes them to make a call and the lack of consistency of those calls is a blight on the game.

That been said, Wallabies lost that game not the referee, England got stronger with the subs, Australia got worse. But I don’t entirely blame the subs, Australia looked to have lost their composure around the 55min mark, there was no real structure in attack, there were multiple phases where Genia looked up for a forward runner and no one was in position, players were walking everywhere. It looked like something was about to break, and having that try denied was the final straw it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.