• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Interesting situation for the Reds & the Tigers in 2018 with the selection of Liam Wright on the Wallaby tour?

What do they do with Michael Gunn?

Easier for the Tigers who will accomodate both in their best XV you would imagine.

Is Gunn signed for the Reds in 2018?
His form has really improved in 2017, I remember watching him in the 2016 NRC and he was really quite average.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
IMO best thing Logan could do is to somehow partner with Griffith along the same fashion as Bond and UQ. They may lose some of their individuality, but premier rugby costs money and Griffith have the resources to compete.

It wouldn’t be completely outrageous, Griffiths catchment is Brisbane to Gold Coast, Logan is halfway between their two main campuses and they have a Logan Campus.

Griffith had displayed an increasing interest to venture into the sporting market with the Uni7s teams and sponsorship of the Reds a couple of years back.

QRU just need to make it appetising for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Actually has legs that idea TOCC, only trouble is QRU and other clubs will in no way make it interesting for Griffiths to to help make anyone a prem club, like it or not it seems a fairly closed old boys network

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Also Sunnybank have a growing relationship with Griffith Uni through he Women’s 7’s series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well done QC (Quade Cooper) on securing Qld's 3rd NRC title in 4 years.

There was a very QPR flavour for the final last night with Damon Murphy & Jordan Way as TJs and Muirhead, Banks, Sampson involved with the Vikings.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm hearing that there may be some changes in the coaching ranks over at Crosby Rd? Any truth that one coach may be heading south?

DougMac77

Frank Row (1)
I'm hearing that the Penfolds Lunch that were so successful in the 80's and 90's are back. The first one back had Alan Jones and I had no idea it was back. Does anyone know how do get tickets to the next one?

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
I see Michael Hayes is moving up from Gordon to relocate back in Brisbane. Was a Wests man back in the day, any news on if he may be coaching in QPR in 2018? Brothers might be looking for some experienced coaches now with Pup heading south to the SS.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
This has been up on the website for a little bit now. Closes tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT - RUGBY MANAGER

Brothers Rugby Club, one of the oldest and most successful clubs in Queensland, is seeking applications for the position of Rugby Manager. The successful applicant will:

Manage the rugby program across all ages and genders within Brothers Rugby Club on a day to day basis by providing practical direction and strong leadership;
create and implement development pathways for players, coaches & managers by ensuring quality resources are available equally across all ages and participants from under 6 through to Premier Rugby;
liaise with external stakeholders / partners for recruitment, player and coaching programs;
assist to improve the rugby experience for all whom are associated with Brothers Rugby Club; and
make a meaningful contribution to the culture and long term sustainability of Brothers Rugby Club.
Applicants should have (as a minimum):

Smart Rugby Compliance and ARU coaching Level II;
demonstrated ability to be able to plan, design, implement and review the Club's rugby program consistent with the Club's values and philosophy;
proven experience and success at an equivalent level;
demonstrated ability to manage players, staff and volunteers; and
excellent rugby knowledge
Click here to view the Position Description

Please forward cover letter and CV to the Club CEO at matt@brothersrugby.com

Applications close Wednesday 22nd November 2017.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Goodbye Quade but maybe if the Reds had kept Mack Mason and given him a full season of QPR he'd be right to go for the Reds in 2018!!!

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
By my calculations that means that the QRU is either paying out or paying dead wages for Nick Stiles, Nick Frisby & Quade Cooper in 2018.

Just what an organisation that's watching every dollar needs

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Not Stiles.

How so? Have they negotiated a payout for Stiles? Does he have a new gig lined up? Seems like with his experience, especially with forward play he should be an attractive proposition overseas somewhere? Reg, do you have any update on which Reds players are definitely not contracted for 2018?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No update on the squad sorry.

I understand there was an out clause, or something similar, in the Stiles contract. May even have been performance based.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
With Gilmour's appointment as Aust U20 coach does anyone think we might see greater QPR exposure for the U20 players?

My beef is that they get wrapped in cotton wool when they should be simply playing rugby - I don't think the Kiwi lads get put in cotton wool.

Status
Not open for further replies.