• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
The battle of Brisbane 2 is on next week - do we know who the undercards are??

Maybe Quade's just absent from training as he's getting ready for a fight??

(Here's hoping anyway)

Also do we know who would have leaked the conversation to the courier mail?

With no official response I'm not sure if this being out benefits anyone other than the old theory of any news is better than no news & hype building for next season..

Just like Quades 2018 season he would not have had any chance getting on this undercard.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Yeah, but just one injury totally stuffs that, particularly at 10 & 12. That means some level of back-up has to be recruited and integrated into the team. Only other alternative is Kerevi to 12 and that means starvation for 13 & 14.

Nah it's all good bruv Kerevi's dog is going to come onto the bench as inside backs cover because that's about all we'll be able to afford after this bloody fucking brilliant stroke of business genius

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah, but just one injury totally stuffs that, particularly at 10 & 12. That means some level of back-up has to be recruited and integrated into the team. Only other alternative is Kerevi to 12 and that means starvation for 13 & 14.
I assume the cover at 12 is Hunt - either by moving him to 12 and playing someone like Maranta at 15 or by deploying him as 2 nd playmaker from 15.

I find the lack of talk to the media interesting. Hopefully, as speculated, this is a sign that both parties still want Cooper to have a future at the Reds.

T

TOCC

In some positive news, Higgers is back at pre-season training so hopefully the neck injury is behind him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
In some positive news, Higgers is back at pre-season training so hopefully the neck injury is behind him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Unless he has an attitude problem.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Unless he has an attitude problem.

Geez, Sully. Please tell me your fingers slipped and missed the obvious smiley face emoticon.

It’s going to be a tortuous off season if we are guessing who does or does not fit the Thorn mould.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Geez, Sully. Please tell me your fingers slipped and missed the obvious smiley face emoticon.

It’s going to be a tortuous off season if we are guessing who does or does not fit the Thorn mould.
Sorry. I'll try to do better.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

You can't do smileys in the HTML version of the forum that we are using.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Via Ezra Taylor's instagram I've seen Douglas and Higginbotham doing sessions. Gotta think that they are extras which is a great start

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Serious question.

Does Quade HAVE to play Prems rugby to endure his ARU/REDS contract continues to be paid ?

OR can he sit on his arse for the next 2 years, not play rugby, and still get paid ?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
From a legal prospective he is better off to be looking like the aggrieved worker who wants to work but has been the victim of adverse action in case he needs to take formal actions.

But in reality the Reds have prevented him from being in the workplace so he can't work. Its a fairly simple argument to explain that Prem rugby is amateur and not a workplace like the Reds provided; nor like any other Super Rugby franchise or professional team provides.

Sauron

Larry Dwyer (12)
From a legal prospective he is better off to be looking like the aggrieved worker who wants to work but has been the victim of adverse action in case he needs to take formal actions.

But in reality the Reds have prevented him from being in the workplace so he can't work. Its a fairly simple argument to explain that Prem rugby is amateur and not a workplace like the Reds provided; nor like any other Super Rugby franchise or professional team provides.

Yeah, exactly. Unless there's a specific mention of playing club rugby when available in ARU/QRU contracts (and there might be).

Status
Not open for further replies.