• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't mean to cram the team in permanently. But use the pool/gym when its free. Assuming those things are there. They're just down the road after all.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
To be fair they're going to need to be really fit cause they're not going to beat their opponents physically.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Glad i don't have some numpty telling everyone how fit i'm going to be after my holiday, while i'm sitting by a pool somewhere sinking a few.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It will be interesting to see Cheika's input into fitness, there was agreement earlier this year to share GPS data with the Wobs fitness guys wanting to see them lift the requirments

T

TOCC

My understanding is that the agreement was just for that point in the season when they all went into wallabies camp. They are still to reach an agreement on weekly updates been sent through to ARU HQ for fear of it leaking into the wrong hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Interesting to see JP Sauni running around Tahs training - obviously this hasn't been announced yet, and maybe it won't because it's just a training contract.

He was a true-blue Victorian until late-2017 (after club season) when he left for NZ and by early-2018 he was the reserve hooker for the NZ under 20s. By late-2018 he's back in Aus.

Shame Victoria let him go, but understandable when you just happen to have Jordan Uelese in front of you. In many other years he'd be in Jordan's shoes.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Interesting to see JP Sauni running around Tahs training - obviously this hasn't been announced yet, and maybe it won't because it's just a training contract.

He was a true-blue Victorian until late-2017 (after club season) when he left for NZ and by early-2018 he was the reserve hooker for the NZ under 20s. By late-2018 he's back in Aus.

Shame Victoria let him go, but understandable when you just happen to have Jordan Uelese in front of you. In many other years he'd be in Jordan's shoes.

I saw his picture on the Tahs Facebook site. Is he any good?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

How is everything in future-world? Can you tell me who wins Super Rugby next year - I missed the Bitcoin bubble and need a sure thing!! ;)

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I saw his picture on the Tahs Facebook site. Is he any good?

He's pretty good, big for a hooker. Not a modern type in the sense of being super dynamic (at least from what I've seen) but good at the basics.
How is everything in future-world? Can you tell me who wins Super Rugby next year - I missed the Bitcoin bubble and need a sure thing!! ;)

Haha, I guess I've learnt my lesson. No more getting up and surfing G&G straight away before my morning coffee.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
Any news on Rona or McCalman etc? Read somewhere they were mentioned to be talking to the Tahs? They would be a big boost to the roster

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I heard that Rona is close to signing with the Tahs
Rona's addition seems to be a bit undervalued. He couldn't quite crack the Wallabies as a regular starter but was one of the Force's best last year and fills in a spot we were a bit shallown in. Lot of talk about how good the Rebels' backs are but Foley, Beale, Rona, Folau doesn't go too badly

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
McCalman would also be fantastic at 8. Holloway really hasn't fired since his breakout season (due to injury), Wells is a bench player at best talent-wise and Dempsey will be out for the beginning of the season.

The two would really reinforce the entire squad.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Hanigan, Hooper, Dempsey back row though.

Status
Not open for further replies.