• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

There’s certainly not an excess of talent at fly half...

Hodge is a very good player, but he isn’t a fly half.. and Adams, looks good but hasn’t played super rugby before, wouldn’t bank on him.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
a mob of wallabies warming up earlier today
photo cant upload, anyway it was Coleman, Hodge, Koroibete, Meakes and Faulkner doing run throughs. no sign of Will G.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
There’s certainly not an excess of talent at fly half.

Hodge is a very good player, but he isn’t a fly half.. and Adams, looks good but hasn’t played super rugby before, wouldn’t bank on him.
Horwitz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Will Genia just stated on Fox Sports News that Jack Debreczini is back at the Rebels.

That's just made my day. If JD can get the right mentor behind him, he could be a fabulous player. I'll stand by my assumption that he is the best combination of technical and physical skills of any 10 in the country (To'omua been the best Aussie if you count the rest), it's just the top few inches which he doesn't compare with the rest.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
That's 100% fantastic news and makes me much happier if Lance will truly return to Worcester.

JD just has that little touch of Stand-Off experience I'd be so happy to see somewhere in that lineup if we're going into the season with Hodge, Horwitz and the two untested boys in McGregor and Adams.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
That's just made my day. If JD can get the right mentor behind him, he could be a fabulous player. I'll stand by my assumption that he is the best combination of technical and physical skills of any 10 in the country (To'omua been the best Aussie if you count the rest), it's just the top few inches which he doesn't compare with the rest.
Yes, I saw him and met Willy G too (he was complaining about the heat!). Good news!

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Jesus so you guys have:

Debrecezeni, Adams, Lance, Horwitz, McGregor and Hodge.

And the Reds have:

That 20 year old and a ball running inside centre.

Chuck them a flyhalf and chuck us at the Tahs second rower please.

Thanks.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Read Jack Maddocks has been training at 10 as well. That could be exciting to watch.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Jesus so you guys have:

Debrecezeni, Adams, Lance, Horwitz, McGregor and Hodge.

And the Reds have:

That 20 year old and a ball running inside centre.

Chuck them a flyhalf and chuck us at the Tahs second rower please.

Thanks.
It feels nice to be the side with depth for a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Then you got RHP, Timani, Mafi, Leota, Hardwick, Fainga'a, Reid.....you have Cottrell and Koteka training (for free because they got paid out their entire year contract already)..then there is is another Islander fellow from the Rising in the backrow training.............

Parling, Coleman, Philip, Toolis, Jeffries & Haangana in the locks...not to shabby

Ridiculously epic choices in all 3 front rowers ( Faulkner/Ainsley) (Saaga/Talakai) (Daley/Weeks)

Taking out the starting Rebels XV imo, your B team would beat the Reds ....

1. Saaga 2. Rangi 3. Talakai
4. Parling 5. Jeffries
6. RHP 8. Cottrell 7. Reid
9. Ruru 10. Adams 11.Shipperly 12. Horwitz 13. Tuipolotu 14. Fou 15. Maddocks
16. Siliva? 17. Daley 18. Weeks 19. Toolis 20. Leota 21. Goddard 22. Mcgregor 23. Hutchison

Like...what would the Tahs or Reds do to have Daley, Weeks on their bench...let alone as their 3rd options. Reds don't have a Fullback, the Rebels have the countries 2nd best, and the best developing. It's just ridiculous. Ridiculously awesome for the Rebels and exactly what should have happened by cutting a team. But instead we lose players also lose quality and at least perfectly capable players like stizaker, hanson, TPN, Neville, Toua and guys like Cowan, Tessman, Louwrens are nowhere, whereas the tahs have 2 halfbacks, the Reds have no experience in hooking and decent props are a rare commodity.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Then you got RHP, Timani, Mafi, Leota, Hardwick, Fainga'a, Reid...you have Cottrell and Koteka training (for free because they got paid out their entire year contract already)..then there is is another Islander fellow from the Rising in the backrow training.....

Parling, Coleman, Philip, Toolis, Jeffries & Haangana in the locks.not to shabby

Ridiculously epic choices in all 3 front rowers ( Faulkner/Ainsley) (Saaga/Talakai) (Daley/Weeks)

Taking out the starting Rebels XV imo, your B team would beat the Reds ..

1. Saaga 2. Rangi 3. Talakai
4. Parling 5. Jeffries
6. RHP 8. Cottrell 7. Reid
9. Ruru 10. Adams 11.Shipperly 12. Horwitz 13. Tuipolotu 14. Fou 15. Maddocks
16. Siliva? 17. Daley 18. Weeks 19. Toolis 20. Leota 21. Goddard 22. Mcgregor 23. Hutchison

Like.what would the Tahs or Reds do to have Daley, Weeks on their bench.let alone as their 3rd options. Reds don't have a Fullback, the Rebels have the countries 2nd best, and the best developing. It's just ridiculous. Ridiculously awesome for the Rebels and exactly what should have happened by cutting a team. But instead we lose players also lose quality and at least perfectly capable players like stizaker, hanson, TPN, Neville, Toua and guys like Cowan, Tessman, Louwrens are nowhere, whereas the tahs have 2 halfbacks, the Reds have no experience in hooking and decent props are a rare commodity.

I'm not sure what your point is, or maybe you are just making a statement - either way, all good

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm not sure what your point is, or maybe you are just making a statement - either way, all good

Yeh sorry just putting into words a mix of how great the Rebels are looking, how a real pro rugby team should look (with stars, good depth of journeymen and then youngsters), how the other teams failed to improve (Reds actually got worse) and how cutting a team did nothing to benefit Aussie Super Rugby, but purely the Rebels (which is no surprise considering the original stance on cap $ and squad size and wessels moving south). If anything as a whole, more clubbies and u20 kids are professionals with actual professionals being forced overseas. Just a rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.