• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Not talking to the media works for the Bronco’s but not for the Reds. Brisbane is the biggest league town in the world, makes any press rugby get very valuable.

Strange that RA have an article on Reds training and the Reds have nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm thinking they didn't get anyone to volounteer as an intern this year to do social media.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yiu would think they would flood the media with as much positive stuff as possible. Get Brad out there talking about the all wallaby second row who are young and Reds.. Push a, story out about Slipper being back and bulking up. Talk about the kid who use to play soccer and is now a friggen Red.. Or Have Thor dress up as Thor with a Hammer and a Reds, Jersey and run around Brisbane Schools giving kids free tickets to home games.. As if a 8 year old wants to go his Parents will probably take him.

Fuck me there's an easy way to flood the market with Training pictures.. The new players. The new coach.. I remember the you don't know me yet ad's.. God you have St George Smith get him out talking to people outside St George Banks..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I know it's a crap shoot at the moment at the Reds but there's enough positives around too really kick up some excitement.. That second row.. Slipper back.. Tongan Thor.. Brad, Thorn..one of the best to play the game as coach.. Now us in the know would be worried.. But I reckon some none dedicated fans broncos fans.. People who remember BT.. Might jump on board

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
I know it's a crap shoot at the moment at the Reds but there's enough positives around too really kick up some excitement.. That second row.. Slipper back.. Tongan Thor.. Brad, Thorn..one of the best to play the game as coach.. Now us in the know would be worried.. But I reckon some none dedicated fans broncos fans.. People who remember BT.. Might jump on board

First game at Suncorp not till 2nd of March so maybe waiting till closer to game day to ramp up social media and ticket membership sales. Still reckon they could and should be actually advising status of revised squad though to the fans.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Think the Reds will be aiming to be super fit to wind back the clock to the Link era.

Forwards keep wrapping around, get some go forward then out to the backs, forwards wrap around again and again then backs ball again. Gotta be fit to run that sort of game.

Thorn won't be fancy. So far, everything he's done is about "culture".

Just need to piss off Khunt quickly, get the elephant out of the room and start playing rugby

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Is there a possibility of this happening? isn't he in Japan. It would be a good move, big fan of him. Perhaps Aiden Toua from Japan also

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yet to be announced but the Reds will have the services of both Ben Lucas and Aidan Toua for 2018. That probably means that Hunt will be sacked after his second drug offence

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yet to be announced but the Reds will have the services of both Ben Lucas and Aidan Toua for 2018. That probably means that Hunt will be sacked after his second drug offence
I thought Ra blocked Tour's return..? Slim will be pleased his back for the Reds

Parse

Bill Watson (15)

So they dump a 29 y.o. who has won a super title and played for the wallabies for a 30 y.o. fly-half come half-back come fly-half who has won ?? Yep, sounds like the Reds all right.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So they dump a 29 y.o. who has won a super title and played for the wallabies for a 30 y.o. fly-half come half-back come fly-half who has won ?? Yep, sounds like the Reds all right.

Yeah but, no but, yeah but - it's CULTURE bloke!

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
It's a joke... I've always had a soft spot for Benny but QC (Quade Cooper)'s left toenail has more talent. Guess nobody remembers what happened to the Reds when Benny covered for an injured QC (Quade Cooper)...

The farce continues

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^^^
Agree re the talent.

But one bloke hasn't used his "talent" for about 5 years.

Other bloke, whilst not having the same talent, will put 100% into each and every game.

Know which one I'd choose !

dru

Tim Horan (67)
^^^^^^
Agree re the talent.

But one bloke hasn't used his "talent" for about 5 years.

Other bloke, whilst not having the same talent, will put 100% into each and every game.

Know which one I'd choose !

Me too - if I agreed with 10% of what you say.

T

TOCC

Rumoured for a while, was waiting to see if this would eventuate.

Lucas will be a handy signing given the current squad situation, even though he was never really a dominant super rugby player. He is a good kicker which the Reds are missing and got a fair bit of game time experience at 5/8 in France. He will definitely be in the matchday 22. Probably my first choice 5/8 for the start of the season.

Toua, not overly excited by him but in terms of depth he is a better option then Maranta.

Status
Not open for further replies.