• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Fullback still a weakness, certainly not strong at fly-half but marginally better:

9. Tuttle
10. Lucas
11. Nabuli/Feauai-Sautia
12. Paia’aua
13. Kerevi
14. Perese/Dauganu
15. Stewart/Toua

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
If only the Reds had stuck with Quade and Hunt hadn't been an idoit, Magnay signed and someone like Benny coming in could of nicely rounded off the team and added some versatility on the bench.

Not a fan of Toua, would almost rather Maranta. Still wouldn't surprise me to see another player come in

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
It's a joke. I've always had a soft spot for Benny but QC (Quade Cooper)'s left toenail has more talent. Guess nobody remembers what happened to the Reds when Benny covered for an injured QC (Quade Cooper).
<
Say what you want about Lucas's talents, but every time that bloke was on the field he constantly put in a shift and played his heart out. He never whinged, wanted to box over the summer or created any form of friction thanks to his manager. He was/is a true professional. For a team starved of culture and leadership, I'll take that sort of bloke in the squad every single day of the week./p>

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
it's a solid signing. A definite match day member. I'd even consider starting him at fullback.

If he is on the bench it opens up the opportunity of us running with a 6/2 split which could provide some real impact.

1 Slipper
2 Ready
3 Tupou
4 Rodda
5 Tui
6 Higgers
7 Smith
8 Timu

16 Mafi/BPA
17 Fa'agase
18 Smith/ Vanzati
19 Douglas
20 Korczyk
21 Wright

T

TOCC

I’m expecting George Smith to miss a fair bit of the season, which is a massive loss.

But looking at that forward pack I think Wright might provide some nice balance. A lot of big dynamic players with Tupou, Tui, Timu and Higgers. Reds might need the likes of Wright, Slipper and Rodda to provide the high work rate balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I suspect the Reds pack will be capable of taking it to anyone on their day. I'm so excited by Tupou, he's someone that if he continues to develop like he has, could be a major point of difference in the international scene. Tui is another that could be anything, however i feel he might get pigeon holed into a lock whereas 6 might be his spot. Rodda, Wright, Ready the return of Slipper, Higgers is still a very good player at Super level, George Smith ....... not much else to say, could easily end the season with the best pack in Australia

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Has Lucas been getting a run for Verblitz?

Tried looking back at a few games over the last little while and he doesn't appear to be popping up in any team sheets? (pretty hard to find though so may just be my errors!)

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I suspect the Reds pack will be capable of taking it to anyone on their day. I'm so excited by Tupou, he's someone that if he continues to develop like he has, could be a major point of difference in the international scene. Tui is another that could be anything, however i feel he might get pigeon holed into a lock whereas 6 might be his spot. Rodda, Wright, Ready the return of Slipper, Higgers is still a very good player at Super level, George Smith ... not much else to say, could easily end the season with the best pack in Australia
Coulda! Woulda! Shoulda! The Reds have been the best on paper over the last couple of years and ended the worst. Having said that I’m glad they’ve won the Super Rugby season before it’s started (yay! celebrations yay!) that saves me money and disappointment having to go and watch them play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Coulda! Woulda! Shoulda! The Reds have been the best on paper over the last couple of years and ended the worst. Having said that I’m glad they’ve won the Super Rugby season before it’s started (yay! celebrations yay!) that saves me money and disappointment having to go and watch them play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that the pack with one Wallaby starter in it? Who rated the best pack in Australia except you? Maybe the best scrum on occassions is about it.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
It’s almost as if circumstances have changed dramatically since those earlier decisions.

Haha of course of course. More so interested as to why Toua hasn't gone back to the Brumbies as they wanted to keep him (I know they got Verityam & Peni in for Toua and Ahwong but they could still use another fullback), and Magnay hasn't come to us if this restriction has been temporarily lifted. Maybe Magnay wasn't interested, or we decided we didn't need him (hope not) or whatever the case etc etc

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I love that the Reds are not doing anything in the media. Far to much spin, hype and other bullshit over the last few years. I hope under promise and over deliver is the ambition. Very happy if they have decided to get stuck in behind closed doors.

T

TOCC

Haha of course of course. More so interested as to why Toua hasn't gone back to the Brumbies as they wanted to keep him (I know they got Verityam & Peni in for Toua and Ahwong but they could still use another fullback), and Magnay hasn't come to us if this restriction has been temporarily lifted. Maybe Magnay wasn't interested, or we decided we didn't need him (hope not) or whatever the case etc etc

It all comes down to money and squad positions... RA stated their case and their final stance on the issue so each club moved on and signed the next player in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.