• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

Keeper

Bob McCowan (2)
Van was always going back to Sydney. Heard nothing about Drahm. No doubt former Aussie Schools coach & Dir of Rugby -Steve Phillpotts & Totai Kefu will be there plus: -new Dep HM was former Reds backs coach; -new Head of middle school is former Qld under 16 coach. After their most successful year ever (in terms of premierships & wins)-I am surprised BBC would have any cultural issues.My nephew is there and he raves about the S&C team.Must be the same S&C for their track team who won by 98 points last year!!

There are cultural issues in every school. Some handle it well, some handle it poorly and others dont handle it at all. Not quite sure the S&C program will continue to be a success with Steve Nance also moving on. Kefu was part time at best, Emtage will have his hands full in the new role and I dont think Bell has any desire to get back into high level coaching.

Keeper

Bob McCowan (2)
Van was always going back to Sydney. Heard nothing about Drahm. No doubt former Aussie Schools coach & Dir of Rugby -Steve Phillpotts & Totai Kefu will be there plus: -new Dep HM was former Reds backs coach; -new Head of middle school is former Qld under 16 coach. After their most successful year ever (in terms of premierships & wins)-I am surprised BBC would have any cultural issues.My nephew is there and he raves about the S&C team.Must be the same S&C for their track team who won by 98 points last year!!

BTW the S&C team has nothing to do with the boy that started at the school in grade 11 and last year won 6 events nor do they coach some of the other top athletes that won multiple events. In the main they are coach outside of the school so not sure your point is valid on this front.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
s. In the main they are coach outside of the school so not sure your point is valid on this front.[/quote]

Ok -I will tell my nephew you don't rate them.

Keeper

Bob McCowan (2)
s. In the main they are coach outside of the school so not sure your point is valid on this front.

Ok -I will tell my nephew you don't rate them.[/quote]

Sorry CJ was responding to you inferring that the S&C team were instrumental in BBC winning the T&F. Wasn't arguing against your nephew liking the program.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Yes but ......

Looking beyond face value of a couple of stars (who performed phenomenally well btw) a significant part of the T and F success story is about the depth of participation that led to the accumulation of points in the lower placings

That was the Cake

The “stars” were the Icing

And the guy and his team that run the program supported by the S and C Team deserve some credit , if only, (as not quiet rightly suggested - but doesn’t matter) in working with “the rest” where they were able to build a strong platform

2016’s Captain of Track was special and is generally regarded by the boys as one of the best student leaders that has been through in recent times ( College Cap )- and 2017’s guy was also of similar quality( College Vice Cap )

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)

Ahhh, so that's why they recruited all those rugby athletes! To win the Track and Field! Makes sense.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Confucius just asking questions. Not disgruntled parent or coach or BBC aligned or not. Just asking questions.

Waiting on answer!

Confucius Say: free advice is worth what you paid for it...

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Confucius just asking questions. Not disgruntled parent or coach or BBC aligned or not. Just asking questions.

Waiting on answer!

Confucius Say: free advice is worth what you paid for it.

That is as convincing as a long tailed cat trying to sleep in a room full of rocking chairs>Let Jonnie stand on his own 2 feet.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
The BBC boys are ganging up on me...

But I would not have expected less from you mate - a long term Terrace basher from way back.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok. Things are edging towards a precipice.

Cut the personal comments, remember this is just schoolboys rugby and move on.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Pretty sure this gets dragged out every year, however just thought I would throw it up again. 1st column premierships , 2nd outright wins, 3rd shared wins .

St. Joseph's Nudgee College 42 35 7
Anglican Church Grammar School 18 14 4
Brisbane State High School 16 8 8
St Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace 10 8 2
The Southport School 10 7 3
Ipswich Grammar School 8 6 2
Toowoomba Grammar School 6 2 4
Brisbane Grammar School 7 3 4
Brisbane Boys' College 1 0 1

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
[ 10 at 3rd year in 1st xv.[/quote]

Genuine Talent, the real deal, looking forward to watching his progression.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I am actually a TSS supporter .I thought this was a rugby forum -not a complaints forum. Can't see TSS been beaten if the big 3 ( 1 at 133kg,8 at 112kg and 10 at 3rd year in 1st xv ) stay fit.
Can’t see many disagreeing with you CJ, most will have TSS as the early favourites. They are schoolboys though, so you never know. Should be good season where I think there won’t be too many gimmes. Will need to be at your best each week to win it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The King ( Grammarphile that he is ) reckons he’s back

Seriously ....a lot of these guys have more splits and come backs than Fleetwood Mac

I'm out of the loop at the moment, but my unofficial understanding is that he's gone home to FNQ. Will update here when I find out for sure.