• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Summer 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Was out there at the SCG today, had to tap out and head to the air-conditioning of the pub for lunch before returning for the afternoon session. Great day of cricket apart from the heat, both Marsh brothers strike the ball so cleanly when they get going.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Well. the series has been wrapped up 4 - 0, probably would have been 5 - 0 had Smith caught the first chance off Cook in Melbourne.

Now for some fun watching the Dakar rally interspersed with some ODI action before looking forward to South Africa.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Test squad for SA:

Steve Smith (c)
David Warner (vc)
Cameron Bancroft
Jackson Bird
Pat Cummins
Peter Handscomb
Josh Hazlewood
Jon Holland
Usman Khawaja
Nathan Lyon
Mitchell Mars
Shaun Marsh
Tim Paine
Jhye Richardson
Mitchell Starc

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If Bird doesn't recover from his current ailments surely Chadd Sayers gets a guernsey. Which might be a good thing all round.......

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Australia 9/213 at stumps on day 3 - lead of 402.

Start throwing the bat around tonight and get as many runs until the last wicket falls is what we need to do

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Good win by the aussies. Warner is a dicing with trouble. Who does he think he is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Seems like he gets upset when someone mentions Dunny Bill Williams.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Seems like he gets upset when someone mentions Dunny Bill Williams.

If that is what de Kock said, it is pretty cheap, but Warner has absolutely no feet anywhere near moral high ground anymore, so it's hard to be too sympathetic.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Aussies were allegedly saying stuff about De Kock's mother and sister.

It is pretty widely acknowledged the Aussies sledge harder than anyone else. They've created this situation and it is pathetic if they can't cop it in return without losing the plot.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
TBH this whole thing is really a he said-she said scenario and we may never get the truth about who instigated it

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Warner certainly called De Kock a fucking sook when they were leaving the field shortly before the incident in the stairwell.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Warner certainly called De Kock a fucking sook when they were leaving the field shortly before the incident in the stairwell.

Well that paints Warner in a bad light.

But then again, he is known for being a flog.......

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I’m not that big a fan of the way the team has actually come out publicly on numerous occasions and said that sledging is part of our game plan to unsettle the opposition. Giving send offs and brining in personal matters is quite embarrassing to watch especially when someone gives it back as de Kock did and we immediately lose our minds (apparently Warner said he looked like a bush pig amongst a few other pleasantries).

Obviously we’re not going to remove the chit chat from the game but there are far more gentlemanly ways to go about it, for instance, rather than just stringing together a couple of expletives it’s often more effective to chime in with some timely technical advice for the batsmen or ask questions like “do you breathe in or out when you’re playing a shot?”

I’d hope this incident might make the team reconsider some of the tactics but can’t help but feel the series will only get more heated.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Good to see the old cricket foes back to their old ways. Sadly we wont see Radaba again in the series but Morkel a very good replacement. The third test on Newlands will be a hot and dry place to settle the series. Expect a big test from Philander.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Australia's 'we play hard' mantra is just a cover for we don't think we're good enough to win on talent and hard work so we're going to talk shit about your family instead.
All Australians should be embarrassed by them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You have to back sledge up with performance. de Kock reply to Warner was a low full toss on middle stump.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Flip side of Sledging
Sport24
Awkward! SBW, Warner check into same hotel
Cape Town - Of all the hotels in Cape Town!​
Rugby superstar Sonny Bill Williams and his Blues team are staying in the same hotel as the Australian cricket team - creating a possible awkward situation for Australianopener David Warner.
According to the Stuff website, the Blues and Warner, along with his wife Candice and their two daughters, have all checked into the Southern Sun The Cullinan in Cape Town.
Williams and the Blues are in town ahead of their Super Rugby clash against the Stormers on Saturday (15:05) while Australia face South Africa in the third Test, starting next Thursday.
Williams and the Warners have dominated headlines in recent weeks following a row between Warner and Proteas wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock in the first Test in Durban earlier this month.
De Kock is accused of passing a remark regarding Warner's wife and an infamous 'toilet tryst' encounter in a Sydney toilet cubicle back in 2007 with Williams.
A cellphone photo of the pair in a compromising position, taken by a witness reaching under the cubicle, was posted online and made headlines around the world.
De Kock was subsequently fined for provoking Warner, which led to South African fans wearing masks featuring Williams' face in an attempt to further humiliate Warner in the second Test in Port Elizabeth.
According to theDaily Telegraph, the Australian cricket team, plus families, are set to depart for a safari with the Australian team.

Status
Not open for further replies.