• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
After back to back First XV premierships, Churchie can afford to be anaemic. Even Grammar has a 1st XV premiership in the last decade.

When will the monkey be off the Toowong pipers' back? That's the question. When is all the good talent ID, recruitment, leadership, and management going to bear fruit?

One of the major reasons Grammar won a premiership was picking up young Cornelsen and his mate from TSS.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
One of the major reasons Grammar won a premiership was picking up young Cornelsen and his mate from TSS.

Confucius Says; it does not matter how slowly you go , so long as you don’t stop.

The college may take long time for trophy, in mean time
BBC Comprehensively beat BGS n ACGS in 1st XV - credit to both those teams who played above their weight against BBC but look at their season for and against to get a better overall picture.

Then look at these stats;
16A - BBC 5 won more games than BGS n ACGS combined 4
15A - BBC undefeated - BGS n ACGS won 3 combined
14A - BBC won 7/8 BGS n ACGS won 2 combined
13A - BBC undefeated - BGS n ACGS won 5 combined

Need I delve further into stats? - one is a rugby school without an outright rugby premiership
The other two probably better targeted for the axe you have to grind...

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
BBC Results were obviously very good. The under 13A team was impressive. The Lads in that team seemed to have a size advantage over most and to their credit knew how to maximize that advantage. Not sure if that advantage will be consistently there though through the next few years. time will tell as always.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Confucius Says; it does not matter how slowly you go , so long as you don’t stop.

The college may take long time for trophy, in mean time
BBC Comprehensively beat BGS n ACGS in 1st XV - credit to both those teams who played above their weight against BBC but look at their season for and against to get a better overall picture.

Then look at these stats;
16A - BBC 5 won more games than BGS n ACGS combined 4
15A - BBC undefeated - BGS n ACGS won 3 combined
14A - BBC won 7/8 BGS n ACGS won 2 combined
13A - BBC undefeated - BGS n ACGS won 5 combined

Need I delve further into stats? - one is a rugby school without an outright rugby premiership
The other two probably better targeted for the axe you have to grind.

No axe grinding to see here Oracle 83. Just pointing out a fact, and good on BGS for snapping them up. Pity for half the Posters on this blog that BBC didn't think to do it and they may have won their first outright premiership!

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Confucius Say: man who goes to bed with itchy bottom wake up with smelly finger

The BBC result are impressive and have been improving. Well done.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Maybe "Year of the Dog" would be a more appropriate title - keeping on with the Chinese theme courtesy of Oracle and Confucius , and that is - in the Chinese New Year - The Year of the Dog

But also very flexible in interpretation and usage ( depending on how this year pans out )

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Hey ya Jets

Following on from the AIC thread re : your tip for a big Ippy Pack .......who you got as your projected starting pack

And don't stop there - would be interested in your projection for the starting 15

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hey ya Jets

Following on from the AIC thread re : your tip for a big Ippy Pack ...who you got as your projected starting pack

And don't stop there - would be interested in your projection for the starting 15

Mr Nance back at IGS means the South Island of NZ will have been visited and a few Kiwi boys will end up at the Switch

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
UNCONFIRMED Rumour - the Nudgee 16 A halfback Finn ???? has an injury that could effect the entire season. If true, a dreadful shame he is very talented.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Hey ya Jets

Following on from the AIC thread re : your tip for a big Ippy Pack ...who you got as your projected starting pack

No IGS info sorry GO. Only know about Noah and Romeo because I coached them at U15's.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
UNCONFIRMED Rumour - the Nudgee 16 A halfback Finn ???? has an injury that could effect the entire season. If true, a dreadful shame he is very talented.
Ruptured his ACL last week, shit way to finish the school rugby journey. Have to feel for those who have their First XV opportunity taken away by injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Ruptured his ACL last week, shit way to finish the school rugby journey. Have to feel for those who have their First XV opportunity taken away by injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sad, I watched him a few times last year and I thought he was very good. Hopefully he continues on after school.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Is Flook back this year ? If he is ......I guess Pasiota , Robbins and Flook are the returnees in the back line ?

Pretty good base to build from right there

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
Every Nudgee kid will have watched “the Season” and will be pumped for this year. I expect a some pretty intense competition for spots in all the A teams. Nudgee could have a very good season across the age levels. Depth builds championship teams.

F

Footy.Freak

The biggest dark horse this year, BGS. Few unrecognized players coming through the ranks.