• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Where to for Twiggy Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
If nothing else Musk is smart enough to learn how to expertly drive the gravy train along the Yellow Brick Road.
Has gleaned nearly USD$5 Billion in government subsidies and still can't make a car to makes a profit.
AUD$55 Million for the World's biggest battery in SA with a capacity of 125 MWhrs. - WOW!
Looks like his gravy train has found a new home in SA.
I reckon he has little to offer Andrew Forrest, the IPRC or Rugby in Oz.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
All these e-league chats have forgot one thing, what rugby game would they play???? The FFA have FIFA a video game with a massive budget and an engine that has been refined over many a year, rugby's best game was released 20yrs ago the rest of the games have been satisfactory at best but generally less than impressive. There has to be some sort of correlation between to two products before any e-entertainment is even remotely in the question.

On a completely more relevant note, it's good to see some signings coming in for the Force. Kankowski and Fourie if rumors are true would be nice pick ups as well, esp for the ex-pat SA audience.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
If nothing else Musk is smart enough to learn how to expertly drive the gravy train along the Yellow Brick Road.
Has gleaned nearly USD$5 Billion in government subsidies and still can't make a car to makes a profit.
AUD$55 Million for the World's biggest battery in SA with a capacity of 125 MWhrs. - WOW!
Looks like his gravy train has found a new home in SA.
I reckon he has little to offer Andrew Forrest, the IPRC or Rugby in Oz.
He also founded X.com which became paypal. Founded a company which builds rocket ships.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Having been bullied and beaten by ‘jocks’ in a South African boarding school, I’m going to say he isn’t a fan of rugby.

half

Alan Cameron (40)
^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Musk thing was about he likes E-Games.

I guess some will never see his achievements but thats not what this thread is about.

T

TOCC

It's not that people don't appreciate his achievements, he just isn't relevant to this thread

Reactions: dru

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
A "supercharged NRC" has nothing to offer WA........Bring on the IPRC.

Can anybody point to any reference, by RA or SANZAAR, about a move into Asia BEFORE the prospect was raised by Andrew Forrest in his initial IPRC announcement following the axing of the Force.

Indo Pacific Rugby Championship awaiting Rugby Australia approval
Nick Taylor | The West Australian
Tuesday, 20 February 2018

Rugby Australia has still not given a final tick of approval to the Indo Pacific Rugby Championship despite day-long talks in Perth today.

But RA deputy chairman Brett Robinson claims there are two possible paths for the new Western Force – play in a stand-alone IPRC or a “supercharged” National Rugby Championship.

However it is understood that IPRC is not backing away from its stand-alone plan and the NRC option is not high on the agenda.

IPRC is set to kick off in March next year but matches against Pacific Island teams like Fiji, Samoa and Tonga and Super Rugby sides like the Crusaders and Brumbies are already being organised for the Force.

Robinson said after discussions with mining billionaire Andrew Forrest’s IPRC management that he would not make any statement to raise expectations about the future of the Force.

However he said: “We don’t see any significant hurdles to overcome or get in the way with the progression of IPRC in 2019.

“We don’t want to be a roadblock. We want to nut out the last sticking points around IPRC.”

Robinson said discussions were also held on a new SANZAAR strategy paper.

“It lines up what the world might look like in the next two three years,” he said.

“It looks at different options that SANZAAR has, the status quo or other options, including expansion in an Asia Pacific context.

“From the Force’s perspective that is probably the piece that is more relevant.

“We are keen to understand where we can assist in the IPRC or if there is a way to work on a supercharged NRC. We are not clear which path.

“The focus on SANZAAR is to make the existing competition work but at the same time look at what it could look like in 2021 and beyond.

“It comes down to expansion into Pacific Island and Asian markets, markets that Super Rugby are looking at, either through IPRC if we go down that path or through an expansion of the NRC.

“We can open up opportunities for those teams.”

One area that RA will not be shifting from is Wallabies eligibility.

Players can only qualify if they are signed to an Australian side or have played 60 tests if playing overseas.

“That is our position. It protects the integrity of our domestic competition,” Robinson said.

“In an IPRC world the WA team will be a vehicle for people to play for Australia.”

Forrest wants any Australian players lured back from Europe or Japan and playing in any IPRC sides to be eligible.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...-ng-b88751638z

dru

Tim Horan (67)
"Protecting the integrity of our domestic competition."

On that basis wouldn't an organisation that single-handedly killed off 20% of the pro game in Australia be rugby public enemy #1?

And a bloke trying to offer pathways for those forcably expatriated players back into Australia be considered a jewel in the crown of rugby?

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Test Matches in Japan
Marquee positions in Australian squads for Japanese players
Sunwolves inclusion in Super Rugby
Japan RWC support and votes

Agree - but ALL initiatives in support of the RWC to be held in Japan in 2019.
Sunwolves were included in Super Rugby with a $30M incentive payment made by Japan.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Agree - but all in support of the RWC to be held in Japan in 2019.
Sunwolves were included in Super Rugby with a $30M incentive payment made by Japan.

It was all before IPRC was ever thought of and involves SANZAAR and RA...

I'm pro twiggy rugby but some statements about it and the claiming of historical facts are worse than anything Donald Trump has come up with.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Seriously.
Japan activities leading up to the RWC and the occasional game doesn't quite equate to an Australian team playing a regular fixture in Asia against 5 other tams with the plan to grow over the coming seasons.
It was only AFTER Forrest announced the IORC that RA gave even a hint of what the structure may be like after 2020.
I can understand the stalling from the RA as they sense a loss of control.
On the basis of the mess that SANZAAR has made beyond the early stage of Super Rugby it deserves to lose control.
Move out the way and let the professional game be run as a real business by professionals.
Nothing can be worse than what's happened to rugby in Australia since the expansion beyond 15 teams in Super Rugby.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Hey Slim did someone in a Western Force Jersey pinch your girlfriend?
Sadly for you Twiggy is playing the long game now and will win, thus the desperation by RA in trying to maintain control.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I would think that's unlikely, considering I've been with my current partner since before the Western Force existed....

However, in light of Twiggy's ability to transcend time and space... it might just be possible.
Slim you sure??? Doesn't rugby in Australia depends on twiggy and his ability to be involved in every game aspect moment.. Of all rugby Australia wide.. I mean no one else ever did a positive moment ever..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.