• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Guys, the war is over and the Force have retreated to rest and rebuild. Stop prosecuting old battles hey?

I still can't figure out why the ARU didn't say we're merging the two teams. Sure people wouldn't have liked it but there were only like 7 players total from the Force who went to any team not the Melbourne Rebels, basically the whole coaching staff went and I'd wager a lot of the other staff who wanted to go did so too.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
I still can't figure out why the ARU didn't say we're merging the two teams. Sure people wouldn't have liked it but there were only like 7 players total from the Force who went to any team not the Melbourne Rebels, basically the whole coaching staff went and I'd wager a lot of the other staff who wanted to go did so too.
You miss the fundamental difference between personnel, who are temporary, and clubs who are supposed to be less temporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tex

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
1. Tetera Faulkner
2. Jordan Uelese
3. Jermaine Ainsley
4. Matt Philip
5. Adam Coleman (c)
6. Lopeti Timani
7. Angus Cottrell
8. Amanaki Mafi
9. Will Genia
10. Jack Debreczeni
11. Sefa Naivalu
12. Reece Hodge
13. Tom English (vc)
14. Jack Maddocks
15. Dane Haylett-Petty
Reserves
16. Anaru Rangi
17. Fereti Sa’aga
18. Sam Talakai
19. Sam Jeffries
20. Ross Haylett-Petty
21. Michael Ruru
22. Semisi Tupou
23. Billy Meakes

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Is that it R3 or your prediction? If true, what's the story with Meakes? Wasn't he injured during pre-season and not expected back for a little while?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is that it R3 or your prediction? If true, what's the story with Meakes? Wasn't he injured during pre-season and not expected back for a little while?

BR thats the team.

Meakes is on the bench. Hasn't had much work in contact for a while, so expect the last 12 mins with prob English to 14 (Maddocks off) and Hodge to push to 13 with Meakes at 12

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I really like English at 12, Hodge at 13. Honestly, I don't rate Meakes that much. Plus Debreczeni is going to need all the help outside him that he can get and I haven't really seen enough of that from Meakes.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
A lot of this comment would better reside in the match thread! This thread is for discussion of long term/whole-of-team/season issues.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
If Genia talks to Debra and the backs, all pretty good players do their job, then Debra will feel the support and (I hope) will thrive - he is a talented boy who always needed nurturing and direction. If Wessels has done his job, then Debra will be GOLD

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
Colby is on personal leave. He posted on his Instagram feed yesterday from Tonga, so assume he;'s helping family/friends with the recovery effort,

The only possible reason he would not be in the starting 15. Thoughts are with Colby and his Tongan family.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
A win. An ugly win but given I missed last years win as I was overseas any win will do.
Positives
- Genia. €^{% he is good. Was playing at a different level than everyone else
- Maddocks (that was Maddocks at 14 wasn’t it?). Great in defence. Never gave up and almost always got his man. Really impressed with him
- Ruru - some people seriously think he is anywhere near Genia in ability? Definitely didn’t show it tonight
- second try from the reds was incredibly lazy from the forwards who were still strolling back from the line out
- Mafi has a good game but either kept on getting injured or just wanted a bit of a rest
- Ball handing wasn’t great. Fitness was also pretty off but maybe the heat and humidity took its toll on both teams
- Cards - yeah that should have been 2 red cards. Higgers was definitely a red under the new treatment of head high “tackles” and the second was worse.
- Lance - not convinced he is much of a loss and definitely a massive step down from Cooper
- JD had good parts and bad parts. Seemed to be standing still for the last 20 mins. Definitively not coming on to the ball

Top of the table so can’t complain about that

dru

Tim Horan (67)
A win. An ugly win but given I missed last years win as I was overseas any win will do.
Positives
- Genia. €^{% he is good. Was playing at a different level than everyone else
- Maddocks (that was Maddocks at 14 wasn’t it?). Great in defence. Never gave up and almost always got his man. Really impressed with him
- Ruru - some people seriously think he is anywhere near Genia in ability? Definitely didn’t show it tonight
- second try from the reds was incredibly lazy from the forwards who were still strolling back from the line out
- Mafi has a good game but either kept on getting injured or just wanted a bit of a rest
- Ball handing wasn’t great. Fitness was also pretty off but maybe the heat and humidity took its toll on both teams
- Cards - yeah that should have been 2 red cards. Higgers was definitely a red under the new treatment of head high “tackles” and the second was worse.
- Lance - not convinced he is much of a loss and definitely a massive step down from Cooper
- JD had good parts and bad parts. Seemed to be standing still for the last 20 mins. Definitively not coming on to the ball

Top of the table so can’t complain about that

I don't think that was an ugly win at all. A deserved win.

I did not want Genia back at Reds, at the time thinking about Frisby. OK, my problem not yours - Will is sublime.

Rebels were rattled on occasions when they had numerical advantage. Something wrong there.

Lance not a loss? Kidding. Debs is out of his depth. But yes, why is Quade playing grade?

OK things I like about the Rebels - they got head-fucked by the Reds. A couple of times. But they came back. They had the better of the set piece, I think. Back three looked good to me.

Well deserved win guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.