• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Results, fixtures & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Weekend results:

3rd Grade defeated Irish 15 - 12
2nd Grade lost to Irish 34 - 28
1st Grade defeated Irish 55 - 7

Ladder positions:

1sts - 1st
2nds - 3rd
3rds - 2nd

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I was very impressed with your firsts on Saturday. In ideal conditions for the Irish your pack really stood up and the backs were so clinical, every time Irish made a small mistake it was capitalized on and we ended up under the sticks!

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
I was very impressed with your firsts on Saturday. In ideal conditions for the Irish your pack really stood up and the backs were so clinical, every time Irish made a small mistake it was capitalized on and we ended up under the sticks!

That is very kind of you. We certainly thought we would be up against it with the conditions that would have favoured the bigger SIRF pack. It was probably one of the more complete performances from that side for some time.

Irish 2s were very good. They'll feature at the business end of the season no doubt.

Always a good contest between these clubs. A tough rivalry played in good spirit.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
In terms of club continuity, I've always been of the belief that the school-based teams have a bit of an advantage in terms of establishing a feeder stream. This isn't always the case of course e.g. Oakhill.

What is the situation like for Redfield? You've moved from 1 to 3 teams in a fairly short period of time, while maintaining competitiveness. How many ex-schoolboys are adding to the equation each year? How many players are NOT old boys?

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
In terms of club continuity, I've always been of the belief that the school-based teams have a bit of an advantage in terms of establishing a feeder stream. This isn't always the case of course e.g. Oakhill.

What is the situation like for Redfield? You've moved from 1 to 3 teams in a fairly short period of time, while maintaining competitiveness. How many ex-schoolboys are adding to the equation each year? How many players are NOT old boys?

Vast majority of the players are Old Boys from the school. Each year varies on how many new players from the school join the ranks. Some years it can be 5+ other years we don't get any. Although we do rely on most coming back to the fold eventually after a stint in grade or colts.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Weekend results against Mac Uni:

1sts Won 56 - 3
2nds Won 32 - 18
3rds Won 10 - 0

Also good to see John Wall and Fella Watson selected in the Subbies Rep team earlier this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.