• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 5, Waratahs vs Rebels - Sunday 18 March @ 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Sportsbet have Waratahs $1.80 favourites for this game.... still riding the wave of being pre-season champions. Rebels have some good odds at $2.00

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Sportsbet have Waratahs $1.80 favourites for this game.. still riding the wave of being pre-season champions. Rebels have some good odds at $2.00

Hardly runaway favourites but but worth a flutter on the Rebels at that price.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Folau moves to the wing. Hegarty to fullback.

Hanigan cleared fit and Simmons and Kepu return.

Jake Gordon out injured after concussion symptoms returned. Mitch Short is apparently healthy and starts.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Folau moves to the wing. Hegarty to fullback.

Hanigan cleared fit and Simmons and Kepu return.

Jake Gordon out injured after concussion symptoms returned. Mitch Short is apparently healthy and starts.

What has Phipps done to himself?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
DYYNdMKU8AMazVD.jpg:large

Waratahs:

1. Robertson
2. Fitzpatrick
3. Kepu
4. Hanigan
5. Simmons
6. Wells
7. Hooper
8. Holloway
9. Short
10. Foley
11. Folau
12. Beale
13. Foketi
14. Rona
15. Hegarty

16. Roach 17. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) 18. Ryan 19. Staniforth 20. Miller 21. Snowden 22. Newsome 23. Naiyaravoro

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
^^^

Based on the fact that Braveheart used a bigger font on the Rebel's team, then clearly the Tahs are in the box seat. Win by 50+

Reactions: Tex

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
With that big back row it looks like the plan is to bash 'em up for an hour and then bring on Colby and Hardwick. I hope it works :)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
WARATAHS (15-1): Bryce Hegarty, Curtis Rona, Lalakai Foketi, Kurtley Beale, Israel Folau, Bernard Foley, Mitch Short, Jed Holloway, Michael Hooper (c), Michael Wells, Rob Simmons, Ned Hanigan, Sekope Kepu, Damien Fitzpatrick, Tom Robertson

Reserves: Hugh Roach, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Paddy Ryan, Tom Staniforth, Will Miller, Mick Snowden, Alex Newsome, Taqele Naiyaravoro

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Gordon is a massive loss as well, he's a real talent

His loss is massive. If the Waratahs had any chance before I reckon its gone now. Short's injury was supposedly season-ending. He's made a miraculous recovery.

Gibson is starting with the "Hegarty at fullback, Folau to the wing" formation. It will be interesting to see how this pans out because to my eyes Folau has looked a bit out of it at wing - unable to get as involved as often as he should be.

God help us if Hooper is injured. I guess Wells would go to 7, Hanigan to 6 and one of Palmer/Staniforth to 4.

Big T to get 10 minutes again. Gibson reminds us (as if we had forgotten) that he doesn't understand the need for power and bending/breaking the line.

Ryan's being kept as the THP replacement. I hope Kepu can play 80, though the Rebels scrum is much less scary than most others, especially with Uelese out. I guess they've been impressed with HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (as I have) but I would have put Vui at 18.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The Rebels are almost playing with 4 second rowers there.

Their bench is clearly far superior to the tahs bench.

Edit: ^^^^ i guess you missed the memo, Hooper is immortal.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
With that big back row it looks like the plan is to bash 'em up for an hour and then bring on Colby and Hardwick. I hope it works :)

My thoughts exactly. Hooper is fit as fuck but it's a heavy workload for one bloke, particularly when you've got Hardwick's pace at the end of the match.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Sure looks like the plan. I would have had RHP and Colby starting, with Timani and Hardwick to finish.

By gee, Parling is getting a nice all expenses paid holiday in Australia. Can't even make the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.