• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 5, Waratahs vs Rebels - Sunday 18 March @ 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
His loss is massive. If the Waratahs had any chance before I reckon its gone now. Short's injury was supposedly season-ending. He's made a miraculous recovery.

Gibson is starting with the "Hegarty at fullback, Folau to the wing" formation. It will be interesting to see how this pans out because to my eyes Folau has looked a bit out of it at wing - unable to get as involved as often as he should be.

God help us if Hooper is injured. I guess Wells would go to 7, Hanigan to 6 and one of Palmer/Staniforth to 4.

Big T to get 10 minutes again. Gibson reminds us (as if we had forgotten) that he doesn't understand the need for power and bending/breaking the line.

Ryan's being kept as the THP replacement. I hope Kepu can play 80, though the Rebels scrum is much less scary than most others, especially with Uelese out. I guess they've been impressed with HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (as I have) but I would have put Vui at 18.

And Latu - didn’t seem out of sorts last week?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Hegarty is an interesting choice at 15.

"If" he links, uses his rugby brain & runs the ball he can be pretty good

Or we get the other Hegarty who kicks and chases every time.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Hegarty is an interesting choice at 15.

"If" he links, uses his rugby brain & runs the ball he can be pretty good

Or we get the other Hegarty who kicks and chases every time.

I wouldn't pick Hegarty to start in my Shute Shield team's side.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
And Latu - didn’t seem out of sorts last week?
Gibbo doesn't like Latu because he does things like pilfer, scrummage, carry the ball effectively...... you know, all the stuff he hates in his teams.

Plus, he's ostensibly unfit which means he lacks the only feature of a forward relevant to Gibbo, mobility.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Gibbo doesn't like Latu because he does things like pilfer, scrummage, carry the ball effectively.. you know, all the stuff he hates in his teams.

Plus, he's ostensibly unfit which means he lacks the only feature of a forward relevant to Gibbo, mobility.
He doesn't throw the ball in straight...apply himself at training, more stuff a coach
Loves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Pfft, he occasionally throws a wobbly one which never stopped TPN getting picked and i have no evidence of the second.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Nah they’ve all been pretty quiet so far this season. Beale has had some moments but the other 2 especially. However you are right in saying that everyone else needs to lift with them.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Poor old Hooper looks absolutely fucking buggered by half time every match because he's working so hard.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Weather forecast:

Sidewalk%20Egg%20Frying%20Day.jpg

If you're not sitting undercover you'll need plenty of sun protection!

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Absolutely crazy having the boys play a game that involves so much physical intensity in that heat. Not good for the players or the spectacle as I expect the skills to be quickly impacted.

Hasn't there been an issue with temperature and a tah's afternoon fixture early in the season before?

T

TOCC

Are these the conditions in which a mobile light pack will perform best in?

Yeah interesting point, that may be advantage New South Wales.. typically the bigger players will generate more body heat, at certain levels their output will decline.

Depends how the flow of the game goes

Status
Not open for further replies.