• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

15 Man Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
The Aussie schoolboys website 15 man rugby has finally closed down, which is a great shame because the guy who owned it went to nearly every queensland GPS game and the national schoolboy champs. He was also an avid follower of the national schoolboy team.

I would like to get in contact with him about match reports and photos from the GPS rugby tournament and was wondering if anybody new of the guy that ran it and could give me an email address please.

Thanks

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Aussie schoolboys website 15 man rugby has finally closed down, which is a great shame because the guy who owned it went to nearly every queensland GPS game and the national schoolboy champs. He was also an avid follower of the national schoolboy team.

I would like to get in contact with him about match reports and photos from the GPS rugby tournament and was wondering if anybody new of the guy that ran it and could give me an email address please.

Thanks

Has it occurred to anyone that the young bloke might be an MI5 plant? He seems to know more about Australian rugby than any of us, with the obvious exception of Lee Grant.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't know really, I search for stuff and I can find them pretty easily most of the time.

The stuff is out there you just gotta look for it, also I watch a fair amount of Rugby, alot of Super 14 and Internationals and all that stuff

That particular website I found a year or so back and the guy wrote reports on all the games he went to, I read some of them and thats how I know about the schoolboy players, only 2007 though.

R

Rothschild

The guy who runs 15man is not a kid - he is actually in Lee's age bracket, is very knowledgeable and will be lost. He is a pretty top guy once you get to know him and has no problems calling it like it is. Got to love the guy.
He is having a tad of a battle with someone who thinks they are god over personal opinion and sadly we may have seen the last of his comments.
If anyone wants stuff such as pics please PM me and I will pass it on and I would think he will weigh up his response.

R

Rothschild

I can say from personal knowledge of the gentleman that he dislikes with a passion the various forums. We all suspect that the majority of school rugby contributors are schoolkids pushing their own barrow with mere gainsaying for personal gratification as opposed to the noble concept of opinionated dialogue (arguement), so he is just content to write his personal musings and you take it whichever way you want. If you don't like his stuff he doesn't care.
I will put it to him but I will be very very surprised if he does join any forum. I think he would rather they didn't exist. He was quietly joyed at Sportal's crackdown.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Tell him we are keeping a tight rein on the schoolboys stuff here and ask him to trawl through the 2010 threads to confirm it - give or take the odd wobble.

He could write blogs and we could start threads on the ones we think would be interesting to have threads about.

Some of his info on Queensland Schools rugby was outstanding and I stole from the site frequently. IIRR he had some offsiders who contributed to his site and maybe they could be roped in too.

Tell him that he is highly regarded by schools rugby tragics like myself and that he did a lot of good for the sport in Oz.

Rothschild - some serious sucking up on behalf of G&G is required. Are you up to it?

R

Rothschild

Just for you Lee I have passed on whispered request for his patronage.
We will see what transpires eh but holding my breath on a successful outcome is not a priority.

Later that same say;
secundum question - while the learned gentleman has much respect for this site in all it offers including the sheer magnificence of its construction, he nevertheless gracefully declines the generous pleadings and offers of all the gold he can eat in return for his participation.

I tried chaps -

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Shame,im sure he would have been a useful acquisition to the site,

sorry to see his site go aswell

Rothschild do you know why he closed down the site?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I use to read his blog religiously. It it always nice to read the ramblings of a man who tells it like it is.

But fuck me it was a terribly designed eyesore of a blog. Im not saying I could do much better, but I always though it was such a shame his briliant ramblings were so poorly displayed.

Needed to get some moses web briliance in there.

R

Rothschild

Shame,im sure he would have been a useful acquisition to the site,

sorry to see his site go aswell

Rothschild do you know why he closed down the site?

yes I do.
some people aren't happy that their spade is described as a spade. They would rather have it referred to as a shovel.
Eventually, someone who thinks his sh.. doesn't stink, somewhere on a mountain top is eventually going to get upset so it's just not worth the agro to go on being blunt yet factual.
You see, unlike forums, the gentleman concerned had no concern or care as to censorship. If a player or self imposed super coach was less than self advertised he said so.
Like that other site Rugby Nut that closed down 2 years ago - it's just not worth the agro. Telling it like it is is fine, but humans don't like to hear the truth - particularly about themselves or their kiddies - do they.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
haha he sounds like a legend, shame some people cant take criticism, surely if its his website he can say what he likes,

It always seems to be the school kids that cause the trouble at the moment

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I gave him a few match reports a couple of years ago that he kindly put up on his site. I had some great chats with him at different rugby games around and while I didn't always agree with him I always left those talks with a great buzz just from his love of the game. 15 man rugby will be missed in my house.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I came down in the last shower....can someone enlighten me as to who said coach is, and who he (she?) coaches....

R

Rothschild

I came down in the last shower....can someone enlighten me as to who said coach is, and who he (she?) coaches....

Now coaches a school on a mountain top, very high and incorrect opinion of himself

Status
Not open for further replies.