• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

$1Bn for League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Damn.

Mind you Ch9 and Loig have agreed to work on ways to "monetize" the game.

More ads, more stoppages, more boring.

I'd love to see this collapse under the weight of $$$, I doubt that will happen.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Damn.

Mind you Ch9 and Loig have agreed to work on ways to "monetize" the game.

More ads, more stoppages, more boring.

I'd love to see this collapse under the weight of $$$, I doubt that will happen.
Why?
Don't like it don't watch it.
Why death ride it?
How could it's success or otherwise affect your quality of life?

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Why?
Don't like it don't watch it.
Why death ride it?
How could it's success or otherwise affect your quality of life?

They will buy more rugby players.
They will flood the market with advertising and games.
There will be more "journalism" focussing on Loig.
There is less money in the market for rugby.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I wouldn't worry to much. Both 7 & fox have takena hit over AFL. League isn't worth it. There going to have to inject a ton of advertising into games in order to get there mony back.

It's a good win for the code, but three free to air games (two delayed) a week isn't a win for the fans.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The top players will be getting about $1 million.

That is enough to tempt our best players e.g. Sonny Bill. But the real damage will be done at the schoolboy ages of 16 to 18. Rugby does very little at these ages and will get the leftovers.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
"Fire up bitch" reckons the players will be happy with what they are getting & the bulk of money will go to the juniors. BS, players know there is more money now & will have their hands out for more, as well as those involved in administration.

I'm not saying it is not a concern at all, if they are smart with their money & put a fair bit into juniors then Rugby will need to start doing more juniors wise with less money at its disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.