• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2009 sporting events

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So I organise this Global tipping comp for a bunch of mates in which we tip across 50 events at the beginning of the year. Events include all the tennis and golf grand slams, the big four US sports, the Aussie ones (NRL, AFL, Rugby, netball and soccer and cricket) including leading try scorers, run getters, Brownlow medalist etc etc.

Am looking at 2009 and there is no Olympics nor RWC/CWC nor Comm games to flesh it out a bit. My brains drawing a blank. Any significant world sporting events next year? Any ideas for other events to tip?

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
You mean apart from the last great true tour of the combined Home Nations to the World Champions of rugby...? :nta:

F

formeropenside

Hell, at some point I must plan out the perfect year - an Ashes tour year, of course - and how to spend each day of it. Travel chasing sports (and the odd non-sporting function) all year round.

Of course, I need to win lotto first. But what a year it could be.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Can't do the Lions series as its a 2 horse race and need a min of 4 combatants really.

Ashes leading run getters and wicket taker however....

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
formeropenside said:
Hell, at some point I must plan out the perfect year - an Ashes tour year, of course - and how to spend each day of it. Travel chasing sports (and the odd non-sporting function) all year round.

Of course, I need to win lotto first. But what a year it could be.

Sorry for those that have heard about this before but its basically what I have done for the last 18 months.

Cricket WC in Caribbean, Rugby World Cup, Lords and Oval Test and One day matches, Twickenham and Dublin 6 nations matches, Barbarians, Sevens and Heineken Cup semi at Twickers, British Open Golf, Wimbledon, French Open Tennis, America's Cup sailing, FA Cup semi final at Wembley, Challenge Cup Final and World Club Challenge League matches, Champions League group match at Chelsea, Premier League matches at Man U, Portsmouth and Fulham, Royal Ascot, Epsom Derby, World Darts Championships, Yankees baseball game, Rangers Ice hockey playoff, New Jersey Nets basketball playoff....

I think thats just about it. Only 2 events left. Bledisloe in HK then Australia England at Twickers on my last weekend in the UK.

Then its back to Australia and the real world. Now the challenge is to find a job that will let me carry on living the dream.

Other options for you Noddy - World Snooker/Dart Championships, Trainer and Jockey premierships in different states, some of the GAA irish sports, sevens circuit or just Hong Kong winner. It is a bit of a dud year with no big world cups, ryder cups etc. Dont forget the next 20-20 world cup is on next year though.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Noddy said:
Can't do the Lions series as its a 2 horse race and need a min of 4 combatants really.

Ashes leading run getters and wicket taker however....
the Lions were beaten by more than 1 team on their last tour...

Status
Not open for further replies.