• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2010 Catchpole Medal

Who will win the 2010 Catchpole Medal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

inthestands

Sydney Middleton (9)
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Ken Catchpole Medal (announced 27/9)?

NSWRU announced that Adam D'Arcy (Manly), Pat McCutcheon, (Uni), Brendan McKibbin (Easts), Hugh Perrett (Eastwood), Beau Robinson (Warringah) and Ita Vaea (Souths) are the top six in voting.

Vaea looked awesome when he came on this afternoon. If he was playing like that all year when he was starting, he would have raked in heaps of votes from the refs.

Other awards...
Rookie: Cam Crawford (Norths), Greg Peterson (Manly), Nick Phipps (Uni)
Not sure here. Crawford scored a lot of tries, Phipps looked good but only played about half the year after Bredenhan started. Peterson played the whole year in 1st grade in a pretty dominant pack. Phipps has a Super contract, but I reckon it'd be between Crawford and Peterson.

Coach: Phil Blake (Manly), Matt Briggs (Penrith), Lachlan Fear (Easts), John Manenti (Eastwood)
Manenti would be favourite given they were minor premiers. Briggs could be a smoky as his team scared a lot of others and it is the coaches who vote. Bray probably a bit stiff not to figure in the top votes.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I would like to see Perrett win it as he has been a great captain and player for many seasons. I actually think D'arcy will win it despite missing the last few games.

Matt Briggs is a must for the work he has done with Penrith this year. The trip to Nepean has become a difficut road trip.

I think Crawford will tak it out but the sceptics will say that Peterson from NSW as opposed to Crawford (now Brumbies) will win.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
2010 NSW RUGBY AWARDS
Monday 27 September 2010
Citigate Central Hotel, Sydney
KEN CATCHPOLE MEDAL
Tooheys New Shute Shield Player of the Year
21 Brendan McKibbin (Eastern Suburbs)
17 Hugh Perrett (Eastwood)
16 Adam D’Arcy (Manly)
16 Pat McCutcheon (Sydney University)
16 Beau Robinson (Warringah)
16 Ita Vaea (Southern Districts)
15 Chris Alcock (Gordon)
15 Locky McCaffrey (Eastwood)
14 Will Brock (Eastern Suburbs)
13 Dave Harvey (Gordon)
13 Marlon Soloftu (Manly)
TOOHEYS NEW SHUTE SHIELD ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
Greg Peterson (Manly)
DAVID BROCKHOFF MEDAL
Tooheys New Shute Shield Coach of the Year
Matt Briggs (Penrith)
DICK BYRES MEDAL
Tooheys New Shute Shield Coach of the Year
Stuart Dickinson
WARATAH MEDAL
HSBC Waratahs On-and-Off-Field Excellence
Tatafu Polota-Nau (Parramatta)
CHRIS WHITAKER ASPIRING WARATAH AWARD
HSBC Junior Waratah of the Year
Kane Douglas (Southern Districts)
WILL TANNER AWARD
NSW Country Player of the Year
Matt Waterford (Bathurst/Central West)
KENTWELL MEDAL
NSW Suburban Player of the Year
Michael Howes (Mosman)
ROVA MEDIA WOMEN’S PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Tobie McGann (Newcastle University)
SPIRIT OF RUGBY AWARD
NSW Rugby Volunteer of the Year
Steve Miller (Far North Coast Referees)
NSW JUNIOR PLAYERS OF THE YEAR
Waldo Wessels (Sydney) & Daniel Damen (Wollongbar-Alstonville/NSW Country)
NSW SCHOOLS PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Malietoa Hingano (St Augustine’s College, Brookvale)

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would agree with all those awards ie. I'd choose the same recipients as were chosen above. TPN for on and off the field is a very good choice, as is the coach of the year heading west to Penrith; a small congratulations for a greatly improved season.

Cyril Towers (30)
I would agree with all those awards ie. I'd choose the same recipients as were chosen above. TPN for on and off the field is a very good choice, as is the coach of the year heading west to Penrith; a small congratulations for a greatly improved season.

I'm with you Konze. All good choices. TPN is THE MAN!!

Reactions: DPK
N

Nanai

Well done Stu Dickinson on your DICK BYRES MEDAL for the Tooheys New Shute Shield Coach of the Year

Brendan McKibbin needs to play Super 15.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Very droll Lindommer. Nanai had a Lee Grant moment.

He's right about McKibbin though. If he doesn't get a gig he may end up in Scotland.

R

Rothschild

Well done Stu Dickinson on your DICK BYRES MEDAL for the Tooheys New Shute Shield Coach of the Year

Please explain.
Either Stu Dickenson is moonlighting or Stu Woodhouse is a great ref

Status
Not open for further replies.