• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Membership Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think they are trying to get the Tahs / Wallabies deal away. I think I saw member numbers around the 18,100 mark before the banner was changed.

Brumbies 8500
Tahs 18,100
Reds 36,353
Rebels 6570
Force 6000

Any idea how the Force and Brumbies are tracking as we havent seen an update re their numbers in ages?

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
36.3k from the Reds is very impressive. There would only be max 25k of that that is ticketed but that's still awesome. Hopefully if all goes well this year and the conference is competitive the teams will feed off each other and everyone will have solid numbers

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I guarantee that there wont be 36,000 there tonight though. God I would be happy but I do wonder how many of these 'members' will turn up.

T

TOCC

I'm a member and probably won't attend a single home game this year

In terms of ticketed members, in the QRU annual report they mention that for most games there are around 35'000- 38'000 'tickets sold', but attendance is obviously lower, the bulk of those will be stadium membership and the others are made up of presumably season membership holders unable to attend.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
There's also the fact that in some categories an adult + kid membership was $10 more than an adult alone. So a few people would've bought that primarily to reserve seats for mates who'll only come to the big games, rather than actually intending on bringing their kids.

T

TOCC

Yep definitely inflating the figures through creative accounting, there would still be over 30'000 season memberships though which in itself is an incredible figure..

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I signed my kids up to the Rookies to Reds program and they received their packs in the mail yesterday including their membership cards. I guess if you are running this program aggressively across the state then the membership numbers will have a significant jump.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And will continue to rise for the rest of the year as rookies2reds continues. In fact I think they restart the year around October when 2015 membership sales commence.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
ok lads. Tahs tell me that they are targeting 25,000 members this year. Their membership manager is pretty confident that they'll get there.
I'm just glad we've been improving our seats for the previous 3 seasons when members were thin on the ground - now we can sit back and watch from our half way seats.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thats what worries me. At least the Tahs appeared to have legit numbers for 2013 - i.e not quite 20k. Another 5k members would fill up the SFS nicely, especially with the saders and stormers which are traditionally th ebigger drawing teams from NZ and SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.