• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Ashes Part 2 - Down Under

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
They lost 6 for 10. They weren't 6 for 10. Regardless would be great for the Aussies to bat for a full day tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Regardless would be great for the Aussies to bat for a full day tomorrow.

I think that is imperative.

This pitch looks really good. There hasn't been a huge amount of seem movement, the pace is quite decent and the bounce is good.

The Gabba pitch rarely deteriorates much either.

I'd want to have a lead of 450-500 to feel really comfortable. I wouldn't be surprised if England come out and make a big score in the second innings.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Having had to suffer jibes from the Soap Dodgers at work on Thursday, it was remarkable how much quieter they were yesterday, with almost disinterest being shown in the game as the afternoon wore on.

Keep it up fellas. You made for a pleasant day down the Salt Mines yesterday.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Rogers looks like he couldn't hit a beach ball.

Should his replacement be Hughes or back to the future with North?

T

Train Without a Station

Has Rogers done any more than Cowan?

Disappointing to see Watto go out. After the shot before he looked like he was just getting on the front foot ready to take it too the attack.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
North has hit a real patch of form but is it good enough to step up again? He dpes have what 5 test 100s he is no mug wouldnt do any worse than Rogers or Watson.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

T

Train Without a Station

I tend to think North should have been picked over Bailey. Bailey's recent first class form is pretty average. He has been picked on batting form in a one day series where 350 totals were the norm.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
How good was Warner going? Though I reckon I'd bat like crazy too if I were dating Candace Falzon. She's clearly been the difference between the sides so far ;)

I think that is imperative.

This pitch looks really good. There hasn't been a huge amount of seem movement, the pace is quite decent and the bounce is good.

The Gabba pitch rarely deteriorates much either.

I'd want to have a lead of 450-500 to feel really comfortable. I wouldn't be surprised if England come out and make a big score in the second innings.

Agree with this BH. You think less than 500 England might go for the win but over 500 & we'll see them try to grind out a draw?

In the mean time Clarke gets his ton :)

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
S Marsh 127 not out atm for WA against the Vics so plenty of batters lining up to get a game

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
How disheartening must it be for the Poms to let the top order score 2 centuries, get them out and our actual batsmen come in? ;)

Anyway, we should have declared with 2, maybe 3 hours to go for the end of the day, because we know England are going to waste time and stonewall the shit out of the ball for the next 2 days.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Anyway, we should have declared with 2, maybe 3 hours to go for the end of the day, because we know England are going to waste time and stonewall the shit out of the ball for the next 2 days.

It has already started, no runs off the bat in 4 overs. Cooke is the most negative captain in world cricket.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I don't want to come across as big headed, but gee, isn't it great when the boot is on the other foot. The English look clueless, and unless Bell and Pieterson somehow make double centuries each, this test should be ours.

Touch wood it doesn't rain

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
.....and what did FU Watson score in the second innings? How many wickets did he take?

Status
Not open for further replies.