• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 Ashes Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That's seriously bad sportsmanship from Broad there

He's public enemy numer 1 right now.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What happened, what happened???!!!!

Decided with one minute remaining before lunch that he would take off his shoe and re-tie his laces...held up the game for a good 2 minutes in hopes that they would go to lunch and not have to bowl another over..

Fortunately the umpires allowed another over. No runs scored or harm done but it was a really bad move by Broad, the crowd let him know about it too.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
What happened, what happened???!!!!

Tried to waste enough time to make his over the last before lunch. Took his boot off etc after the 4th ball. Aussies in the crowd giving him plenty. Umpires onto it and made them bowl another anyhow.

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk 2

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Decided with one minute remaining before lunch that he would take off his shoe and re-tie his laces.held up the game for a good 2 minutes in hopes that they would go to lunch and not have to bowl another over..

Fortunately the umpires allowed another over. No runs scored or harm done but it was a really bad move by Broad, the crowd let him know about it too.

Good God that's ordinary. I just checked Cricket Info so I know we are at lunch now. Now I'm worried our concentration will be broken. Regardless of what happens this has been a brilliant last stand effort, especially by Haddin (from what I'm reading on the ball by ball commentary).

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Worth flicking on the tv for this upcoming session AS.

Shouldn't be any more than 4 or 5 overs left. Anderson looks crook, might not bowl again.

As for Haddin, regardless of the result I would say this is the best innings I have seen him play in years (maybe ever). He has shown maturity and experience, great knock.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Come on fellas, cricketers have been using delay tactics since Adam first rolled his arm over.....

Nothing in it and Haddin played superbly in that last over against Swann.

After the break Haddin will take more and more of the strike I'd say.

Enthralling cricket.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Come on fellas, cricketers have been using delay tactics since Adam first rolled his arm over...

Nothing in it and Haddin played superbly in that last over against Swann.

Yeah TBH there wasn't that much in it, I wouldn't have cared but it was Broad and he has come across as a dickhead for years.

On another note, how badly must Finn want to crawl into a hole right now. Dropped a catch and directly at fault for 2 important boundaries, his bowling has been awful too.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Oh man. I guess I'll just have to say "calm blue ocean" over & over & just deal with it. Changing channel now. Still at lunch.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Oh ye of little faith.

20 runs. about 4 overs. Over before midnight.

Can guarantee it will be 1-0 up.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Shizzen. Done by the technology.

Series has gone 1-0 up as predicted.

Unfortunately the 1 is not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.