• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2013 British & Irish Lions Test - Brisbane Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
The ARU realise that they can charge almost whatever they want and still fill the grounds. The estimates on travelling fans for 2005 is around 30k, and 40k in 2009.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Whatever the cost, they are worth every cent, it is a very special night

I agree, but for many, "whatever the cost" simply isn't an option. It doesn't help the elitist image Rugby has in some quarters. It certainly doesn't help make the game more accessible. Having said that though, if there was ever a game for true Rugby diehards, then the Lions Tour games are it. This only excuses the not making it accessible part, not the, exorbitant cost part.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I agree, but for many, "whatever the cost" simply isn't an option. It doesn't help the elitist image Rugby has in some quarters. It certainly doesn't help make the game more accessible. Having said that though, if there was ever a game for true Rugby diehards, then the Lions Tour games are it. This only excuses the not making it accessible part, not the, exorbitant cost part.

I also don't think it is valid for people to quote the platinum ticket price and then say that's too expensive and decide not to go. There are substantially cheaper options.

I don't think the ARU would be doing the game any favours by trying to go for the 'making it accessible to everyone' angle for their biggest tour in 12 years. The ARU badly needs to make a lot of money out of this tour and hopefully they've picked a premium pricepoint that will still enable them to sell the overwhelming majority of the tickets.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
OK reality check

best seat ... .... all rubbish
Ringo Starr $213.57
Elton John $264.45
Bryan Adams $143.82
Pink $406.90

$275.00 for the Lions, absolute value

kronic

John Solomon (38)
50/50 on the test match. Not paying 90 odd dollars to sit down and shut up. Would rather spend it on a trip to Perth to own the Force again.

Get to the tour games, they'll be much better.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
OK reality check

best seat . .. all rubbish
Ringo Starr $213.57
Elton John $264.45
Bryan Adams $143.82
Pink $406.90

$275.00 for the Lions, absolute value

The ACCC need to have a good look at Ringo Starr's price.
This is an ARU rort - there is no justification for having the Lions at $100 more than the AB's.
They are not actually interested in seeing to it that there are as many Wallabies as Lions supporters: which is really what it should be about.
They just want the money.
And we at grass roots level see very little (if any) of the money generated.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
50/50 on the test match. Not paying 90 odd dollars to sit down and shut up. Would rather spend it on a trip to Perth to own the Force again.

Get to the tour games, they'll be much better.

Sit down & shut up? I've yet to attend a game anywhere where I've been told to shut up. :confused:

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Seeing as I missed out on tickets last time round due to too many being sold to Lions supporters here in Brisbane ( I was trying to buy via 3 different sources from the minute they went up for sale... still dipped out! :mad:) I'll be there with bells on if I can get a fair crack at purchasing a seat. This is one event I can justify splashing out on.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The ACCC need to have a good look at Ringo Starr's price.
This is an ARU rort - there is no justification for having the Lions at $100 more than the AB's.
They are not actually interested in seeing to it that there are as many Wallabies as Lions supporters: which is really what it should be about.
They just want the money.
And we at grass roots level see very little (if any) of the money generated.

absolute rubbish, they could charge more and sell out, we have a pro sport, they charge what the market will bear, harden up

Status
Not open for further replies.