• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 IRB Junior World Championship – New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Been umming & aahing all week who to support, finally decided to back the fellow former colonials but not looking too good ATM, the Empire seem to be well in control. Also I've just discovered I forgot to record the 3/4 playoff, can anyone help me out with a final score?

NZ 45 - 23

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
JSA need a turnover, by fair means or otherwise. JPoms happy to soak up time, win the scrum with 0:30ish on the clock, barring a miracle TH & breakout the games theirs.

Out it goes, game over. JPoms go back to back.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Oh well we probably used up our luck against the Baby Black last time. Congrats to England and their supporters, the best team at the tournament and SA very lucky to get so close.

Anybody know the pools for next year in Italy?

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
That'll be a good draw for Australia. Even if we lose to SA we'll have two teams to hopefully put big scores on. The other pools all have less of a gap between the top 3.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
AUS v RSA next year, Bru. I think it will be:

A
Eng
France
Wales
USA(Qualifier from Junior World Trophy)

B
SA
Aus
Samoa
Italy

C
NZ
Ireland
Arg
Scotland
Not nice when two Sanzar nations are in one group. But suppose this is how it work.

Myself have high hopes for next year. There are some serious talent coming through. Some of them should have been there this year already but in SA things always tend to work for shite.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Not nice when two Sanzar nations are in one group. But suppose this is how it work.

Myself have high hopes for next year. There are some serious talent coming through. Some of them should have been there this year already but in SA things always tend to work for shite.

SA is looking fairly strong.

SANZAR should look at a U20 comp somewhere around April.

ARG, AUS, NZL, RSA + maybe SAM, FIJ, USA, CAN ??

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It would have to be held in the same place to reduce travel but then the players would be away for weeks. So many logistics with the SH unfortunately.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
It would have to be held in the same place to reduce travel but then the players would be away for weeks. So many logistics with the SH unfortunately.
True.

1 week Pacific pool held in OZ/NZ: Aus/NZ/Sam/Fiji

1 week Atlantic pool held in SA/AR: SA/Arg/USA/CAN

1 week SF + finals somewhere: P1 v A2, A1 v P2, 3/4 playoff + Final

Status
Not open for further replies.