• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 IRB Junior World Championship – New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
1 week Pacific pool held in OZ/NZ: Aus/NZ/Sam/Fiji

1 week Atlantic pool held in SA/AR: SA/Arg/USA/CAN

1 week SF + finals somewhere: P1 v A2, A1 v P2, 3/4 playoff + Final

Have to get the timing right aswell. and thats why I rate our CC as our rugbys heart beat. If Saru dont do the u19 & u21 age group we will struggle.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Thought it was an excellent final. Really ebbed and flowed.

Overall a pretty good tournament. I'm very happy with Ireland's 4th place.

Getting NZ in our pool next time isn't a great reward; but at this level you're going to get at least one big team in your pool.

England's pool looks pretty tough and would expect only 1 to make the semi final.

I'd expect 2 teams to make the Semi Finals from the SA/AUS pool as one or other is more likely to get a losing bonus point in their head to head than Ireland are to get one against NZ.

However this is JWC level and teams can fluctuate from one year to the next. Let's hope for as entertaining a tournament next year in Italy.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
It would be good if this tournament could go to 16 teams so you could have 2 qualifiers from each pool followed by quarter finals. I guess it's a cost issue, but I think it would be worth it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IRB Junior Player of the Year (POTY) was Handre POLLARD (SAF).

Thoroughly deserved.

And unsurprising. Meanwhile Damian McKenzie is now officially a Chief, coming in to replace the injured Robbie Robinson, a pretty handy U20 player himself I seem to recall. Turns out they're 1st cousins. I know, in NZ, what're the odds?

T

tranquility

Gee Robbie Robinson was good at that level, I wonder why he hasn't kicked on?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
GimBokkies_zpsb410bdcc.jpg

Paarl Gym Bokkies:
J Vermeulen (197cm:104kg) JD Schickerling (202cm; 108kg) Handre Pollard (189cm; 96kg)
Sad news is that JD Schickeling had a serious injury last saturday against the Bulls CC u21, breaking his neck.

This is how it happened

He had two operations, last one last night and is OK.

Had a talk to him after the WC in NZ and was so optimistic looking forward to his first CC season after been one of the Bokkies star players in NZ.

Hope to see him soon on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.