• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2014 Last Year for NSW Country Schools Rugby Union Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilly

Herbert Moran (7)
Here you go Gilly, this was the team from the recent Singapore and Hong Kong tour " NSWCSRU Development team " I don't have a team list for the Armidale game but this game was announced while in Hong Kong at a team dinner so assuming its the same side.

Max ALCORN, TAS
Jackson ANSHAW, St Joseph's Aberdeen
Jacob BARNES, Nowra Anglican College
Jock BARRY, Hunter Valley Grammar School
Jack BENNETT, TAS
Ben CASKEY, TAS
Will CLARIDGE, TAS
Joel COOPER, Bellingen High School
Nick FINNEY, TAS
Braden GRAHAM, O'Connor Catholic College, Armidale
Jayden HARRADINE, TAS
Samuel HARRIS, St Catherine's Catholic College, Singleton
Tom HAWTHORNE, O'Connor Catholic College, Armidale
Jayson HOVI, St Joseph's Aberdeen
Jock JACKSON, TAS
Daniel MALLOY, St Catherine's Catholic College, Singleton
Kye MARSHALL, St Josephs Regional College, Port Macquarie
Charlie McGOWAN, TAS
Thomas NEWMAN, St Francis Xavier College, Hamilton
Luke PORTER, Scone Grammar School - Did not tour
Amos POTTER, John Paul College, Coffs Harbour
Brendan POWER, TAS
David PUCHERT, MacKillop Senior College
Angus ROXBOROUGH-BATT, TAS
Hayden SHEPHERD, TAS Did not tour
Aaron SHRUBB, Macksville High School
Alex WALL, Carinya Christian School

Thanks Boof,

Will you or Rugby Hunter be at the game against Samoa? Would be interested to hear how the young men perform in the last game in Country Schools colours.

Boof

Ward Prentice (10)
Thanks Boof,

Will you or Rugby Hunter be at the game against Samoa? Would be interested to hear how the young men perform in the last game in Country Schools colours.

Yes Gilly I'm planning on being there will be happy to report back, it will be tough for the boys in orange I think but a great honor to have the opportunity, maybe the cool weather will slow them up but probably shouldn't hold my breath.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
So how will the kids not in metro areas make the NSW etc school boy sides? What's the pathway now???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
So how will the kids not in metro areas make the NSW etc school boy sides? What's the pathway now???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are at a state school they'll have to go through the CHS trials - maybe it's time for CHS to pick 3 teams again instead of 2.

If they are at an ISA or AICES school, they'll have to use that pathway. Catholic dioscesan schools with have to go through CCC. TAS will have to go through GPS.

Gilly

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes Gilly I'm planning on being there will be happy to report back, it will be tough for the boys in orange I think but a great honor to have the opportunity, maybe the cool weather will slow them up but probably shouldn't hold my breath.

Hi Boof,

My friend messaged me and told me the game was off due to Visa timing issues. A sad end to Country Schools Rugby.

rugby hunter

Stan Wickham (3)
A big disappointment for all involved, the boys have been looking forward to this game for months. The huge effort put in by the Country Schools Rugby committee to prepare for this weekend was not the way it should end. All over at the last minute. A sad end for a great pathway for country schoolboys.
I would encourage all country schoolboys to follow another pathway to school rugby and gain experience and exposure to higher level of rugby.

CSRU reunion is something to look forward to one day.

Boof

Ward Prentice (10)
Yes Gilly boys were advised Thursday afternoon via email that the game was cancelled, Samoa still didn't have their visas sorted 4 hrs prior to their flight. Hugely disappointing and a shock as we were heading to Armidale the next morning. The boys are gutted CSRU. Did everything in their power to make it happen but it was out of their hands.i imagine they will be out of pocket too, having purchased kit for the players and hosting Brumbies and Easts Rugby reps to speak at a post match function for the teams and families. The organisers just didn't deserve this, it's pretty ordinary really. I hope the Samoans can get things in order for the upcoming test match.

Status
Not open for further replies.