• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Invitational U16 Tournament 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Now the inaugural Invitational is all done and dusted, what advice do we have for the organisers of the 2015 NSW Invitational (apart from the politics of selection)?
Loved the carnival and tickled that the western rays competed so well against country and SJ. The truth is, its basically a repeat of Zones for the Sydney boys so a good time to remove the zones weekend and use the JSC as the selection carnival. Even if this doesn't survive it's time to remove the zones. ( It's a nothing weekend)
Would love to see Qland and ACT involved. Plus the other states and an indigenous team. NSW 1 AND 2
Wrap it up in a week long, live in carnival
maybe at riverview . Have lectures and professionals running the off field stuff. Now that would be a great week for the kids.
Selection issues will be the same next year and the one after but improving the process goes along way to solving what some see as bias.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It doesn't help that that both rings ins came from Sydney GPS schools - sort of like appointing your best school buddy to a CEO's job in a company of which you are the chairman.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
It doesn't help that that both rings ins came from Sydney GPS schools - sort of like appointing your best school buddy to a CEO's job in a company of which you are the chairman.

Which two "ring ins" are are you referring to?.... There were more than 2 lads called in to schools

Oliver

Frank Row (1)
Loved the carnival and tickled that the western rays competed so well against country and SJ. The truth is, its basically a repeat of Zones for the Sydney boys so a good time to remove the zones weekend and use the JSC as the selection carnival. Even if this doesn't survive it's time to remove the zones. ( It's a nothing weekend)
Would love to see Qland and ACT involved. Plus the other states and an indigenous team. NSW 1 AND 2
Wrap it up in a week long, live in carnival
maybe at riverview . Have lectures and professionals running the off field stuff. Now that would be a great week for the kids.
Selection issues will be the same next year and the one after but improving the process goes along way to solving what some see as bias.

I thought it was a great weekend. I would also liked to have seen more teams from other states involved to make it a larger tournament, but the quality of play was great from all the teams. All the games were excellent and my biggest surprise was the country side. They got up 14-0 on schools, beat sydney, and were up 17-0 on w sydney sunday morning before losing it. But all in all a great weekend.

Informed

Frank Nicholson (4)
@IS by all means criticise the lack of transparency in the selction process, that, according to you, is your role on this site and by the look of things, your life. However, you again make an unfounded insinuation. The fact a brother going to an ISA school four years ago and the Father coaching there (four years ago) could have had a direct enfluence on the 12's selection in NSW Schools side this year, IS overstepping the mark and riduculous. You just sound like a fool to those of us that are informed! And yes, I did take the time to call and find out directly what on earth you might have been going on about! Perhaps follow some of your own advice and simply ask nicely before posting, I'm happy to ask them. As opposed to trying to put yourself out there as the 'know it all' who has suddenly found his credibility at stake!

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
You might flap your gums at the Schools selection process, but it was no way as flawed as the SJRU process - that was a good joke!

Never cheered louder than when the discards beat the first pick, and then the sweet feeling when SJRU fell to country, and then total ignominy when they almost got it over Schools.

BIG SHAME is the feelings of the effected lads - desperately sorry for them, all because a few adults are total knob jockeys!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
@IS by all means criticise the lack of transparency in the selction process, that, according to you, is your role on this site and by the look of things, your life. However, you again make an unfounded insinuation. The fact a brother going to an ISA school four years ago and the Father coaching there (four years ago) could have had a direct enfluence on the 12's selection in NSW Schools side this year, IS overstepping the mark and riduculous. You just sound like a fool to those of us that are informed! And yes, I did take the time to call and find out directly what on earth you might have been going on about! Perhaps follow some of your own advice and simply ask nicely before posting, I'm happy to ask them. As opposed to trying to put yourself out there as the 'know it all' who has suddenly found his credibility at stake!

Dear me.
You really do seem to have confused the position.
I have said nothing about an ISA school or a brother. It seems you may have let the cat out of the bag with that - well done.
I note you do not wish to see material which corroborates my view: Jeremiah 5:21

Informed

Frank Nicholson (4)
Dear me.
You really do seem to have confused the position.
I have said nothing about an ISA school or a brother. It seems you may have let the cat out of the bag with that - well done.
I note you do not wish to see material which corroborates my view: Jeremiah 5:21

Informed

Frank Nicholson (4)
This will be my last response to you IS as I have better things to be doing.
You really aren't that cleave or you just don't know what you have responded with. You posted "Yeah I know - that's what all the other stuff is about that no one likes hearing" @144 with respect to addressing 10to 12's comment that "The coach is ISA so no tie in with GPS"
It was clear to me what your insuation was there were ISA ties that led to the selection of the 12. What cat out of what bag...dribbler?
Finally, your quoting the bible now? ...people have eyes but cannot see etc..., wow...enjoy what ever smooth ride your on!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This will be my last response to you IS as I have better things to be doing.
You really aren't that cleave or you just don't know what you have responded with. You posted "Yeah I know - that's what all the other stuff is about that no one likes hearing" @144 with respect to addressing 10to 12's comment that "The coach is ISA so no tie in with GPS"
It was clear to me what your insuation was there were ISA ties that led to the selection of the 12. What cat out of what bag.dribbler?
Finally, your quoting the bible now? .people have eyes but cannot see etc., wow.enjoy what ever smooth ride your on!

Not sure you should be allowed near a keyboard without supervision.
If I had known of an ISA connection - the existence of which you foolishly revealed - I would not have needed to rely on "the other stuff" (i.e. that which so offends you) which nowhere mentions ISA - does it?
i.e. the other stuff was about making the connection that I could not because the coach was from ISA and the 2 questions I had were GPS selections.
You won't be able to rest without having one more try but before you do try the "their, they're, there" thread

S'UP

Bill Watson (15)
You might flap your gums at the Schools selection process, but it was no way as flawed as the SJRU process - that was a good joke!

Never cheered louder than when the discards beat the first pick, and then the sweet feeling when SJRU fell to country, and then total ignominy when they almost got it over Schools.

BIG SHAME is the feelings of the effected lads - desperately sorry for them, all because a few adults are total knob jockeys!

Maybe this is the start of change and a few eyes have opened, one can only hope. The selection process for SJRU 17's was much the same and the result reflected it, flogged by country. Then the NSW 17's were beaten by an under strength Sydney 18's with a number of the Sydney guys in the starting team hard to imagine why the Sydney guys were not on the bench to start. politics I guess.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I thought it was a great weekend. I would also liked to have seen more teams from other states involved to make it a larger tournament, but the quality of play was great from all the teams. All the games were excellent and my biggest surprise was the country side. They got up 14-0 on schools, beat sydney, and were up 17-0 on w sydney sunday morning before losing it. But all in all a great weekend.
It was good to see country play well. As I've said before the country boys seem to have had a good program this year and for half a game caught schools napping. I must of been chatting too much because with 5 to go I thought country were 2 points up. Now that would have been an upset!!

Status
Not open for further replies.