• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratah Cup/ Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The push to revitalise the game needs to start at the primary school level in the West and South.

I've been saying this for years, but the problems seem to be:

No teachers qualified/willing to coach

No boys with any sort of rugby experience to play

(Even on the northern beaches, the Friday afternoon PSSA now only runs league and soccer, whereas once there was also a rugby competition)

Old Joker

Bob McCowan (2)
Farrer defeated Endeavour Sports 15-12 on Wednesday. Very tight game defensively but convincing win to Farrer.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
When does Knox play there pool matches?
Knox vs Auggies final
Looking at the draw provided, that wont be happening. They face off (if they get there) in the QF

It would seem on results so far Farrer and Augies are in the semis, and will be playing of for 1 and two in their group

I wonder if Oak Hill have made 1st on the back of two forfeits!? (I doubt they would have given up a game) and their co-poolers will play a sudden death round for 2nd in the last of the pool games.

on the question of Knox and the there match, Do all teams get 1 there and 1 here match?:confused:

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
Pilot Said
"In regards to Waratah shield. These 2 teams are likely to meet again. I hope they can move the game from a weekday and from Foreshaw. Would be good if they could play it as a curtain raiser to the new NRC - Sydney North Harbour Rays and Greater Sydney Rams match. This comp kicks off about the same time as the Shield final is due to be played I believe.[/quote]

I think after the last week end the Brookvale team will take nothing for granted, there is still the quarter and semi final between where they stand and the final. Injuries have not been kind to them and Knox will need to be overcome . I believe there is another pool game to be played within the fortnight. I will be interesting to see if, having already earned a semi spot, their opponent chooses to play for the top pool spot.

As no other results have been posted I am guessing Oak Hill won their pool unchallenged,

Have Knox chosen to continue in the comp?

Has anyone remembered where Eddies is?

The playing of the final as part of the NRC comp would be brilliant but may depend on who the finalists are

highball

Frank Row (1)
4th June Waratah Cup @ Hurlstone Agricultural School. ( St Pauls Manly results best I can do )

North Sydney REGION, it was only St Pauls Manly vs Killara as the 2 other North Sydney teams pulled out last minute, St Pauls Manly winning ( unsure of score) taking them through to the next round of the cup. St Pauls Manly also played the other schools there although it didn't mean anything because they were playing for spots in the cup for different regions. St Pauls coming away undefeated :

Win: Epping boys High
Win:Eastwood High
Draw: Redfield High

Unsure of scores sorry for that, will post when known. Very good start to the Waratah Cup.

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
4th June Waratah Cup @ Hurlstone Agricultural School. ( St Pauls Manly results best I can do )

North Sydney REGION, it was only St Pauls Manly vs Killara as the 2 other North Sydney teams pulled out last minute, St Pauls Manly winning ( unsure of score) taking them through to the next round of the cup. St Pauls Manly also played the other schools there although it didn't mean anything because they were playing for spots in the cup for different regions. St Pauls coming away undefeated :

W: Epping boys High
W:Eastwood High
D: Redfield High

Unsure of scores sorry for that, will post when known. Very good start to the Waratah Cup.

I don't quite understand the above post - who played who at Hurlstone Ag School today (is there a draw available) and what is Eastwood High actually? (There is no such high school !). What does the W, W and D mean - if St Paul's played them and was undefeated, it doesn't make much sense....!? More info anyone, or some clarification @highball ?

highball

Frank Row (1)
I don't quite understand the above post - who played who at Hurlstone Ag School today (is there a draw available) and what is Eastwood High actually? (There is no such high school !). What does the W, W and D mean - if St Paul's played them and was undefeated, it doesn't make much sense..!? More info anyone, or some clarification @highball ?

Sorry only new to this page, let me clarify and repost :)

Monty Python

Ted Fahey (11)
I don't quite understand the above post - who played who at Hurlstone Ag School today (is there a draw available) and what is Eastwood High actually? (There is no such high school !). What does the W, W and D mean - if St Paul's played them and was undefeated, it doesn't make much sense..!? More info anyone, or some clarification @highball ?

I have a little more info from a snout:

St Paul's Manly were playing qualifying matches against other teams today at Hurlstone Ag College, amongst them Marist Brothers Eastwood (that would be the "Eastwood High" referred to above), Redfield College, Killara HS and Epping Boys HS.

I don't know the draw, or the scores for most games, but I believe the following results are correct:
- Epping Boys HS def Redfield College
- Epping Boys HS def Marist College Eastwood
- Epping Boys HS def Killara HS
- St Paul's Manly def Epping Boys HS (8-7)
(but this last game didn't count for either team, as noted by @highball)

highball

Frank Row (1)
Waratah Cup 4th June 2014 @ Hurlstone Ag School

Teams:
St Pauls Manly
Kilara High
Epping Boys High
Redfield Collage
Marist College Eastwood

The Northern Sydney Region was only contested by St Pauls Manly and Killara High, as the 2 other teams pulled out last min. So this was a must win game for both teams to go through to the next round of the cup. St Pauls won this game
19-0 pushing them through as the Northern Sydney winners. St Pauls also played the other schools there ( which didn't count to anything ) they beat Epping Boys, RedField and drew with Marist Eastwood.

pilot

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have a little more info from a snout:

St Paul's Manly were playing qualifying matches against other teams today at Hurlstone Ag College, amongst them Marist Brothers Eastwood (that would be the "Eastwood High" referred to above), Redfield College, Killara HS and Epping Boys HS.

I don't know the draw, or the scores for most games, but I believe the following results are correct:
- Epping Boys HS def Redfield College
- Epping Boys HS def Marist College Eastwood
- Epping Boys HS def Killara HS
- St Paul's Manly def Epping Boys HS (8-7)
(but this last game didn't count for either team, as noted by @highball)
Good to see Marist Eastwood and Epping Boys HS still duking it out
Waratah Cup 4th June 2014 @ Hurlstone Ag School

Teams:
St Pauls Manly
Kilara High
Epping Boys High
Redfield Collage
Marist College Eastwood

The Northern Sydney Region was only contested by St Pauls Manly and Killara High, as the 2 other teams pulled out last min. So this was a must win game for both teams to go through to the next round of the cup. St Pauls won this game
19-0 pushing them through as the Northern Sydney winners. St Pauls also played the other schools there ( which didn't count to anything ) they beat Epping Boys, RedField and drew with Marist Eastwood.

Good to see Marist Eastwood and Epping Boys HS still at each other. There used to be or maybe still is a bit between the two schools back in the day

Gato Grande

Frank Row (1)
Great day of rugby in Dubbo this week for Waratah Cup. All matches very competitive. Games were played as 25 mins flat (no halftime)
Results;
Pool A
Dubbo Christian School 7 def Mudgee HS 5
Parkes HS 19 def Dubbo Christian School 0
Mudgee HS 22 def Parkes HS 0
Pool B
Orange HS 14 def Forbes HS 10
Dubbo College 26 def Forbes HS 7
Orange HS 14 drew with Dubbo College 14
3rd v 3rd
Forbes HS 19 def Dubbo Christian School 5
2nd vs 2nd
Orange HS 21 def Parkes HS 0
1st vs 1st
Dubbo College 12 def Mudgee HS 3

Dubbo College advance with St John's Dubbo after they won the Orange day over James Sheehan Orange, Cowra HS and Henry Lawson HS Grenfell.

Old Joker

Bob McCowan (2)
Has anyone got an update on 2nd round games? Farrer are supposed to play Auggies in the final round game, and then have drawn Knox in the QFs, but what dates and where are proving difficult to locate. I would appreciate any help

torps77

Stan Wickham (3)
Has anyone got an update on 2nd round games? Farrer are supposed to play Auggies in the final round game, and then have drawn Knox in the QFs, but what dates and where are proving difficult to locate. I would appreciate any help

All 4 Quarter Final matches are set down for a central venue (TBA);
Wednesday July 23.

I did hear that Westfields beat Marist down in Canberra 25-20 and Hills Sports beat a very understrength Knox last week

torps77

Stan Wickham (3)
All 4 Quarter Final matches are set down for a central venue (TBA);
Wednesday July 23.

I did hear that Westfields beat Marist down in Canberra 25-20 and Hills Sports beat a very understrength Knox last week

If Auggies finish top they would likely play Knox in the QF, while Hills would play Farrer

torps77

Stan Wickham (3)
Taken from Waratah Shield Handbook;

Quarter Finals
Matches to be held at a central venue on Wednesday 23 July
QF 1 = Winner Pool A v Runner-Up Pool B
QF 2 = Runner-Up Pool A v Winner Pool B
QF 3 = Winner Pool D v Runner-Up Pool C
QF 4 = Runner-Up Pool v Winner Pool C
Semi Finals
Matches to be held at a central venue on Wednesday 13 August
SF 1 = Winner of QF 1 v Winner of QF 2
SF 2 = Winner of QF 3 v Winner of QF 4
Final
Match to be held at a central venue on Wednesday 27 August
Winner of SF 1 v Winner of SF 2

Old Joker

Bob McCowan (2)
If Auggies finish top they would likely play Knox in the QF, while Hills would play Farrer
Thanks Torps77. So by my figuring, Auggies play Knox in QF 1, Farrer V. Hills in QF2, Oak Hill V. Stannies in QF3 and either Daramalan or Prariewood V. Westfield in QF4 ( I haven't been able to find out any results of Prariewoods game/s). Does this sound right?

Status
Not open for further replies.